PDA

View Full Version : Current status of SL

Kenzor
01-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Ok first off this isnt a rant or an argument against STS but more of a concern, if any dev reads this I'd appreciate a response.

So it seems, every time I log into the game there are less and less people online. B* instances are often empty and it can be a struggle to find any decent runs at the end of the game. Im still a relativley new player but I remember a time when there was always a group of guildies doing runs and chat was always a good laugh. STS have made this update even easier than the rest with the xp needed being lowered, and lvl 40 armor that drops faster than a tonn of led and I dont get it? Sure its good to get what you want fast but people are grinding to the cap way too fast, getting bored and leaving, there's no exciting new content that keeps the players intrigued and wanting more, just a new map, new cap and new armor/weapons. Whether they are concentrating too much on other games or are running into problems behind the scenes I'll never know but I'd like to see an extreme change in SL whether its a new set of skills or a complete change in gameplay. What is the suggestions forum intended for after all?!

Im still a lover of the game and will continue to play for a while, although many of my guildies wouldnt say the same. It's a real shame to see some of my friends log in for 5 minutes, and log out again without a word and I have already seen 3 lvl 41's leave my guild to go to another, purely because there just isnt enough activity for their presence to be worth while, and quite honestly I have thought of doing the same.. But if the lack of STS bother (as it seems) in the game continues, what is the point?

It doesnt take a genius to know that if your product isnt making your customers happy overall, then they'll find something that does..

Ardon
01-19-2012, 08:23 PM
I wholeheartedly agree.

There isn't anything that is keeping me interested in the game anymore. Pvp is okay, but it get boring since its the same handful of people that pvp.

There needs to be more original content and more content in general so people don't get bored.

MYNISTA
01-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Agreed. End game is kinda boring right now. Some new Legendary weps and stuff would give it a boost. Havn't seen some of my friends in a long time. People are fading away...

BodMaster
01-19-2012, 10:26 PM
Haven't been in game since before xmas, capped my main, had quite a disappointing surprise. And only have gone in game to chat after this time.

Bored of the content and constant grind effect. Not fun anymore. And as previously said by StS themselves most content and time is going into DL. I wish you all the success with it, but you will need to change the way the game is now running and the direction you have taken, as this will become the result of any game released after a few months.

We get that its for the casual gamer, but the people that are constantly on and helping with supporting StS are the Hardcore gamers that you have seen leave, over this last month or so.

Mitchturbo
01-20-2012, 12:29 AM
We've incorporated fresh new game ideas in our guild, such as team against team runs and pink runs to make the game interesting after the lvl cap.
We have around 6 lvl 41 in our guild and we keep busy helping others lvl or doing these team runs, also we have all created alt characters now to play with when not much is happening.

So I kinda disagree with this thread, the game only gets stale when the player playing looses imaginative ways of playing.
You gota think fresh, and if your in a quiet guild, then leave, join a more active one :-) It does wonders and really freshens up someones experience with the game ;-)
- Thanks, Mitchturbo

Piosidon
01-20-2012, 12:33 AM
I think it's cause many people come from PL and if you're like me, PL seems better than SL

flashbackflip
01-20-2012, 01:05 AM
And as previously said by StS themselves most content and time is going into DL.

This is really unfair if true. When SL was out they got two teams -one for PL another for SL and this seems right. Moving most of the devs to DL while deserting other games is a lame move imo.

PvP could be fun, but I agree with Ardon - too few ppl doing it.. CTF is my most loved mode, but even fewer playas enjoying it..

On the other hand I've met some dudes who is rather new to SL - like 2-3 months - so I believe the more of them to come soon and maybe there will be some new stars among them

I hope for the better coz there is no better themed scifi mmo game on the market for me - so I stay and continue anyway.. But like BodMasta said I mostly hang out in BS chattin and helping rare friends to lvl.. My part of the fun is doing Numa or even lower lvls trying not to stop at all (as most enemies are one-shot-kill))

We've incorporated fresh new game ideas in our guild, such as team against team runs

Share yo insights, bro!!

P.S.
Hoping for the best, polishing my guns and wrighting my blog meanwhile

May the Force b with all of us)

LelouchX
01-20-2012, 01:22 AM
It's definitely concerning seeing less and less people on..... I guess i'm lucky that my closest friends are still playing. I can honestly say I spend more time on one of the many many alts I made than anything else right now so that I can keep myself stimulated. Merching, making a ratio toon, and even aiming to get twinks for every 5 levels (maybe that explains why I have 20+ toons) are the "games within the game" that I play mostly. I don't know why, but I started thinking back to PL, and with the obvious similarities, there are obvious differences that weren't implemented unfortunately. Why no boss gauntlets? I loved them in PL. I spent hours farming mats for crafting. You couldn't buy recipes (when I played at least, idk about now), so going custom was a show of either how much effort you put into grinding or how much gold you had. I never saw so many people "sparkling" or whatever from the set bonuses in PL as I do within days of an update in SL. When I first played PL, my initial thought was "it's a kids game." Idk if it was aimed more towards children or not, but that was my first impression. SL didn't give me that impression, it actuall seemed more geared towards an older crowd (the "juicers," space pirates, etc.) I feel the most challenging parts of PL are lacking in SL. Crafting quests were also dropped; having to kill 1000 aliens, while a little tedious, presented something else to do. I didn't even play Voleria through until I capped all my toons. Tbh, it's sad that capping as soon as possible was the first thing on my mind when the expansion came out, and it was my decision to play like that. I think that is what the general mentality of people playing now is. Update = grind to cap and get on leaderboards before everyone else. I actually like the Voleria stages; they aren't 100% linear, you have to go to different areas and get explosives/keys/batteries and bring them somewhere else, and the mines (how I hate them) make you do a little more than mash button. Voleria reminded me of Numa, which I loved. I may be wrong, but in PL, weren't there stages, or elite dungeons (shadow caves when first released) that you couldn't access until and unless you finished all stages of a campaign? I'm pretty sure I didn't get to shadow caves until fully completing AO3. Also, if I remember correctly, I couldn't play the second level of any stage until I beat the first, and so on. When I quit PL to play SL, I had 4 toons (1 end game for each class and a twink I was in the middle of gearing up) and I never had to find a "game within the game." I'd love to see an optional elite instance that ended with an hour boss fight that made you use utilize certain skills from each class in order to come out of it alive, and make the drops would be worth the effort.

Bod mentioned DL in his post. It seems like it was announced to be released right after I started playing SL (no bet for this apple user unfortunately). From my experience, most people don't have the time to put into PL and SL and chose one of the two. Now there is a third game coming out. On top of other things that people are unsatisfied with, I feel like seeing that a new game is going to be released soon is giving them the "why bother" attitude with SL right now. Why bother striving to cap and get the best of the best when in months there in going to be another game put out? People who already can't fit SL and PL into their spare time know they will have to make a choice which to play when DL is released, so if they are unsatisfied with SL as it is, that will tip the scale. What about next year then? Will there be another "Legend" game coming out then too?

I'll stop there, this post is long enough anyway, sorry and thanks for reading my concerns. After spending the weekend out of town and the beginning of this week preoccupied with other things, hopping in game after a 4 day break last night and seeing that my friends list had about 15% of the people logged in as usual got my brain rattling. This is all the opinion of man wondering were everyone has gone and what can be done to get them back.

doomednoob
01-20-2012, 01:29 AM
I seem to have no problems. As a proud member of Vengeance, I'm at 19k xp, juice free a growing closer to capping each day. My xp runs typically have at least one level 41 in my party. Gun runs, boss runs, farming. All of these things keep us active and quite busy, almost not enough members to go around. We even have level 41s hosting xp runs to get the rest of the guild capped. It's a pride thing I suppose. We want, no, we WILL be the best around. Surround yourself with good people and SL will never die.

Kahlua
01-20-2012, 05:54 AM
I seem to have no problems. As a proud member of Vengeance, I'm at 19k xp, juice free a growing closer to capping each day. My xp runs typically have at least one level 41 in my party. Gun runs, boss runs, farming. All of these things keep us active and quite busy, almost not enough members to go around. We even have level 41s hosting xp runs to get the rest of the guild capped. It's a pride thing I suppose. We want, no, we WILL be the best around. Surround yourself with good people and SL will never die.

You do know the OP is in your guild right?...

It's not that the content is too easy...I find it no faster than Shipyard doing the main maps for xp. The fastest xp isn't even on the Voleria maps of you have the plat to spend. I mean look at the guilds leaderboards. All the top 5 are hovering in the 20s without any serious gains in a few weeks. In fact, I've noticed a lot of people simply didn't even return to level. Those that did...many didn't even make it to 40, and for those who did, few went for 41. People are losing interest in the game. There were between 50-90 capped players in each of the top 5 guilds last update. Not going to go in to the reasons why, but it's not because they've capped and left...for many it's because they got fed up and left.

Ardon
01-20-2012, 07:08 AM
You do know the OP is in your guild right?...

It's not that the content is too easy...I find it no faster than Shipyard doing the main maps for xp. The fastest xp isn't even on the Voleria maps of you have the plat to spend. I mean look at the guilds leaderboards. All the top 5 are hovering in the 20s without any serious gains in a few weeks. In fact, I've noticed a lot of people simply didn't even return to level. Those that did...many didn't even make it to 40, and for those who did, few went for 41. People are losing interest in the game. There were between 50-90 capped players in each of the top 5 guilds last update. Not going to go in to the reasons why, but it's not because they've capped and left...for many it's because they got fed up and left.

Kenzor isn't on Vengeance btw :P

But I agree with you. At the start of each cap there were usually around 20-40 people on. Voleria i the exception, the amount of people on is a joke compared to past updates. The rate of which people are getting bored is even worse.

I remember the last 2-3 weeks before the Voleria update, saying to myself , "oh it'll be fine, as soon as the update comes, then loads of people will come."

Sure that did happen, but people got bored quick. Even though, pvp was added, which many people thought was gonna attract lots of attention.

I've never seen the bases as dead as with this update.

As what Kenzor said, if people get bored they'll leave to find something worth their time. I've seen many hardcore players leave or planning to leave SL.
Myself, I'm going to quit soon and just get on to talk to friends.

As with the release of DL. Why another game? Another genre is fine, but I don't see anything good come from it when core players of PL and SL are ether leaving or saying that something need a to change or they will leave.

Sure players come and go, but look at the quality of players who leave. More casual players are coming in the game per every hardcore player that leaves

The core players are the ones that are more likely to buy plat and support the game.

The casual ones are those who spend nothing and/or use tap joy offers ever now and then.

Who's more valuable? Casual or hardcore players?

As I see it now, DL has a high chance of subduing to the cycle like PL and SL have/are going through.

Kahlua
01-20-2012, 07:17 AM
Kenzor isn't on Vengeance btw :P

Sure players come and go, but look at the quality of players who leave. More casual players are coming in the game per every hardcore player that leaves

The core players are the ones that are more likely to buy plat and support the game.

The casual ones are those who spend nothing and/or use tap joy offers ever now and then.

Who's more valuable? Casual or hardcore players?

As I see it now, DL has a high chance of subduing to the cycle like PL and SL have/are going through.

Well then tell him to change his signature!! :p

And the stuff about Core players and plat purchasing; yay you were listening to me ranting in private chat :D Good to know someone listens lol

Slant
01-20-2012, 07:31 AM
two kinds casual and hardcore, diff between them too much, this is supposed to be a pick up and play game, you could level for 40 seconds on biosphere if you wanted to, you need to set aside at least 10-15 minutes for a few runs on voleria. This is not the amount of time needed to gain xp, this is about how much attention you have to pay to play the game. It was perfectly possible to run biosphere while watching a movie, something you just cannot do with the mines and snipers and all that lugging and walking back and forth

the game has got more hardcore, PVP came in, and the time needed for the bosses got longer and longer, it wont make a diff if you play for hours at a stretch, but it does make a diff if you play for shorter bursts

not the same as those who pay for plat and dont pay for plat, there was no real need for plat till around the time miners elix came in and it was still considered "hardcore" to play without plat at least till Slouch-O was cap. those who dont pay for plat often put in a lot of time, and in a free to play game this shouldnt be all that hard to pull off. in game gear being the best was pretty fair.

KillaSkillz
01-20-2012, 07:47 AM
Our guild is active mostly. Keep in mind the holidays just past, people are busy in rl with work, school, ect, ect,

People will come and go. And yes, some people in the game are only interested with capping and logging off til the next update. There are plenty of things to do in game and I don't think adding something new will keep those people interested for more than a couple days. Then they will log out again.

The key is guild activites. Recruiting, contests with or without rewards (just for bragging rights) helping others reach their goals are just a few ideas. But there is literally dozens of things that can be done to keep it interesting.
The lone wolf, out for self players aren't interested in any of that, if sts adds new content they will login, cap or whatever, then leave the rest to fend for themselves until something new comes out.
Instead of standing around talking on b*, get in the game and get active with your guild. Just becuse player reaches cap, doesn't mean it's game over.

Kahlua
01-20-2012, 08:24 AM
two kinds casual and hardcore, diff between them too much, this is supposed to be a pick up and play game, you could level for 40 seconds on biosphere if you wanted to, you need to set aside at least 10-15 minutes for a few runs on voleria. This is not the amount of time needed to gain xp, this is about how much attention you have to pay to play the game. It was perfectly possible to run biosphere while watching a movie, something you just cannot do with the mines and snipers and all that lugging and walking back and forth

the game has got more hardcore, PVP came in, and the time needed for the bosses got longer and longer, it wont make a diff if you play for hours at a stretch, but it does make a diff if you play for shorter bursts

not the same as those who pay for plat and dont pay for plat, there was no real need for plat till around the time miners elix came in and it was still considered "hardcore" to play without plat at least till Slouch-O was cap. those who dont pay for plat often put in a lot of time, and in a free to play game this shouldnt be all that hard to pull off. in game gear being the best was pretty fair.

Casual refers more to the frequency of updates and overall game content more so than skill and difficulty. These kinds of games would be incredibly boring if they were all easy maps. The difference between a hardcore gamer and a casual gamer is just that a casual gamer levels at their own pace and play when they have time. A Hardcore gamer levels quickly and demands new content to meet their gaming needs.

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Well said Ardon, no more thanks to give :p

And Kally, the last I knew Ken was in SP lol.

To the above, I was one of these so called 'Lone Wolfs' but that didn't mean anything to me what did was meeting new members getting to know them help them out when I could, and also getting to know people from all sorts of guilds, friends were friends, guilds had no say in the matter. Even after I capped (all 3 class) at each update I was still active in game helping others cap or level up enjoying chatting with random or friends in B* but the game itself without 'keeping the game alive' is not that active, the amount of feedback given to StS in either general or suggestions is pretty high but none of the things we are suggesting is being updated, not even been tried to implement. It shows when a number amount of players interested in PvP on release, its still in beta PvP and nothing even changed. The whole affair is 'unfair' engi have no chance in nominating the scene or to some not a chance at winning at all. Small updates like fixing an engineers skill, so that the effect does not damage them or even to work as it should are not being looked into.

The one thing I have noticed where our hard earned cash/supporting the game has gone, is the amount of new mods, and super mods. There was no need of these before as members of the forum would do this job for them, but unfortunately they are no longer with us..

The concentration has gone into DL the dev have told us this themselves, its their 'ace' in the bag. Though you will notice in the next few updates that even less time and creativity is going to go into PL (last two updates) and SL will be effected by this, also it will split the community once again.

And Louchie after DL a Cowboy Legends type game will be in the making ;)

Ardon
01-20-2012, 08:41 AM
Our guild is active mostly. Keep in mind the holidays just past, people are busy in rl with work, school, ect, ect,

People will come and go. And yes, some people in the game are only interested with capping and logging off til the next update. There are plenty of things to do in game and I don't think adding something new will keep those people interested for more than a couple days. Then they will log out again.

The key is guild activites. Recruiting, contests with or without rewards (just for bragging rights) helping others reach their goals are just a few ideas. But there is literally dozens of things that can be done to keep it interesting.
The lone wolf, out for self players aren't interested in any of that, if sts adds new content they will login, cap or whatever, then leave the rest to fend for themselves until something new comes out.
Instead of standing around talking on b*, get in the game and get active with your guild. Just becuse player reaches cap, doesn't mean it's game over.

What dozen things are there to do?

-Pvp(end game or twinks)
-Help noobs
-lvl multiple alts
-Farm

Trust me, these all get boring quick.

That's really all you can do after you're capped. Please, if you have more, tell me.

Btw, how long have you been in game? If its been longer than shipyard, you can't possibly tell me that you haven't seen a big decline in overall game activity.

You can lvl in Voleria in less than 40 seconds per run.

Voleria is cool. It keeps you on your toes.

I lvled to 41 in a few days without elixers. Trust me, playing for long stretches of time is a big difference than the casual type of lvling.

Snakespeare
01-20-2012, 09:14 AM
PL went through this phase with AO, which is right around the same levels. Each new map is only five levels and the releases are so far apart that people reach cap, farm until they have everything, then PvP for a while, then start writing concerned posts about the endgame. InPL what the devs did was give us those elite campaigns like Frozen Nightmares, and little curious areas like the secret grate or the sarcophagus, and a few new items that could peak our interest like Vyxnaar's Helm. But people still complained and they raised the XP requirement.

But in making those elite areas in PL, they also made the program so big that the new material we are getting now has to recycle maps and npcs, and people really don't like that.

So, I think it would be better to ask for one or two specific things, and try not to let SL become a game of kloodged code... it you know what I mean.

flashbackflip
01-20-2012, 09:21 AM
As the most complaints are about long pauses between new content updates (and believe me I wish they update it weekly) we should find a way to entertain ourselves while STS doin their part of the job..

After reading all the posts again i thought of solutions which could help us.

If you can help - add yo ways!

Use positive thinkin YO!

Starting off Ardon's points:

1. PvP (endgame + twinks)

2. Lvl alts

3. Farm

4. Help noobs

5. Recruit to guild

6. Run contests

And that's where things get interesting.. CONTESTS huh?! Let's collaborate and try to articulate types of them

- pvp contests (such as Op's endgame running now or CTF which was never done yet)

- team contests (such as Cahlua was presenting or that 'fastest run on Numa usin yellow bubbles')

- guild VS guild contests (never seen one but they could be as pvp so free-run based)

- developer-based contests (the droid one was fun, remember?)

- fashion show-off contests (don't flame me.. I was wandering BS and did several screens of really creative-lookin ppl and it has nothing to do with vanities)

-

-

What else... C'mon dudes! Help me out here.. We can brainstorm them right here and then a StarGuard (Ebalere for ex.) will present em to the 'super-mods'.. Btw I remember the post by Delphina asking for help with ideas - so they r open for our initiatives

Peace to all

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 09:22 AM
PL went through this phase with AO, which is right around the same levels. Each new map is only five levels and the releases are so far apart that people reach cap, farm until they have everything, then PvP for a while, then start writing concerned posts about the endgame. InPL what the devs did was give us those elite campaigns like Frozen Nightmares, and little curious areas like the secret grate or the sarcophagus, and a few new items that could peak our interest like Vyxnaar's Helm. But people still complained and they raised the XP requirement.

But in making those elite areas in PL, they also made the program so big that the new material we are getting now has to recycle maps and npcs, and people really don't like that.

So, I think it would be better to ask for one or two specific things, and try not to let SL become a game of kloodged code... it you know what I mean.

Shakespeare your feed back is urgently needed here..

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?48478-Snakespeare-Fans-Thread

MimeRifle
01-20-2012, 09:40 AM
So I kinda disagree with this thread, the game only gets stale when the player playing looses imaginative ways of playing.
You gota think fresh, and if your in a quiet guild, then leave, join a more active one :-) It does wonders and really freshens up someones experience with the game ;-)
- Thanks, Mitchturbo

True, there are a lot of ways to create more excitement within the confines of the game, especially within the guilds. It does usually depend on the players staying engaged off-line (out of game, e.g. on their guild's forum), and of course a GM that wants to take responsibility to create some "fun". My GM (Crio! <3) runs a weekly lottery, which is fun! There are also contests within the guild, a system that allows players to earn the ability to "check out" custom gear. I agree with this point! A creative GM and active guild roster adds a lot to keep us engaged.

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 09:42 AM
As the most complaints are about long pauses between new content updates (and believe me I wish they update it weekly) we should find a way to entertain ourselves while STS doin their part of the job..

After reading all the posts again i thought of solutions which could help us.

If you can help - add yo ways!

Use positive thinkin YO!

Starting off Ardon's points:

1. PvP (endgame + twinks)

2. Lvl alts

3. Farm

4. Help noobs

5. Recruit to guild

6. Run contests

Appreciate what you are doing FBF,

1. PvP - Unfair for any contest.

2. Leveling alts only lasts a while.

3. Farm, nothing to farm that is rare enough to be worth it (except vanity).

4. Help Noobs, the meaning of noob is someone unwilling to learn and want everything for little effort, so helping them does not accomplish anything. Helping Newbs on the other hand, standing around B* helping the new players can only last for short bursts at a time usually in-between content, and since there is no more content its all we would be doing.

5. Recruiting only lasts so long depending how your guild handles themselves, most casual players are looking for the best guild out there, and have little loyalty towards any other guild that isn't highly active/top spot.

6. Sure its very fun, takes a long time to put together, and the effort does sometimes seem to go unnoticed.

But why run a contest, if the basics that the members of the community have put together, and the opinions of others have no effect on StS to change the way the game is heading.

It's the community that makes the game enjoyable to me, without them the game currently isn't worth playing or only at very short bursts due to new content. Nothing is stable enough to play constantly with the current direction/content.

KillaSkillz
01-20-2012, 09:44 AM
just before shipyard release I started.

The only thing I have noticed is that people drill til the level cap then log out til the next, or come on only to converse then log out after capping. that is a personal choice new content won't fix that.
Yes those listed are the main categories.
Farming, pvp,ect. But where it can be expanded upon without dev assistance is within the guild. One thing for instance is you could hold a engineer only pvp guild event. Or even an engineer only gamewide tournament, since the classes are unbalanced in pvp.
The classes were never meant to be balanced, they all serve seperate funtions, its like taking an olympic runner and expecting him to win a swimming competition. Pvp should be seperated by classes.

Anyways, if you cant find ways to use the system to make it fun, interesting, or even exciting, I don't know what to tell you. But the opportunity is there and there are some in the game that are trying to do just that. Check the forum contests you may find ideas there that can be tweeked on a smaller scale to meet time restrictions for your guild, then again if you aren't interested in playing with your guild, why be in it?

MimeRifle
01-20-2012, 09:49 AM
It's the community that makes the game enjoyable to me, without them the game currently isn't worth playing or only at very short bursts due to new content. Nothing is stable enough to play constantly with the current direction/content.

Agree with you 100% Bod, that it's the community that makes the game fun. So - are we talking then about changes to the game system itself (as opposed to just more and faster and different flavors of content), that enable the players more control over the game?? Example... an IN-GAME system (not offline) for GM's to create contests and quests??

I had a blast during the last week working with the "Can you Conquer Death" contest, because it generated excitement among the community. I met some new players. It was exciting watching the runs. The reason it worked so well was that Kahlua worked her butt off to pull it together, but again, it did require people be on the forum to participate. I know plenty of people are just in-game participants. Wouldn't it be nice if there were more of the collaborative effect of the forum (the "social" aspect) IN-GAME??

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 09:57 AM
just before shipyard release I started.

The only thing I have noticed is that people drill til the level cap then log out til the next, or come on only to converse then log out after capping. that is a personal choice new content won't fix that.
Yes those listed are the main categories.
Farming, pvp,ect. But where it can be expanded upon without dev assistance is within the guild. One thing for instance is you could hold a engineer only pvp guild event. Or even an engineer only gamewide tournament, since the classes are unbalanced in pvp.
The classes were never meant to be balanced, they all serve seperate funtions, its like taking an olympic runner and expecting him to win a swimming competition. Pvp should be seperated by classes.

Anyways, if you cant find ways to use the system to make it fun, interesting, or even exciting, I don't know what to tell you. But the opportunity is there and there are some in the game that are trying to do just that. Check the forum contests you may find ideas there that can be tweeked on a smaller scale to meet time restrictions for your guild, then again if you aren't interested in playing with your guild, why be in it?

Please don't comment on something you obviously have no clue about.

New content will change this, if StS implemented something from the hundreds of suggestions once a month or every few weeks more people would continue playing. Even something as small as cutting down the drop rate for any 'epic' item would increase the amount of players that stay on.

One thing for instance is you could hold a engineer only pvp guild event. Or even an engineer only gamewide tournament, since the classes are unbalanced in pvp.

Do you know what the meaning of PvP is? Or even the issues that the engi's have? The engi would be power houses and stand a good chance at dominating PvP if the skills worked how they should..

Your ignorance is what we will see more of if this continues on..

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 10:03 AM
Agree with you 100% Bod, that it's the community that makes the game fun. So - are we talking then about changes to the game system itself (as opposed to just more and faster and different flavors of content), that enable the players more control over the game?? Example... an IN-GAME system (not offline) for GM's to create contests and quests??

I had a blast during the last week working with the "Can you Conquer Death" contest, because it generated excitement among the community. I met some new players. It was exciting watching the runs. The reason it worked so well was that Kahlua worked her butt off to pull it together, but again, it did require people be on the forum to participate. I know plenty of people are just in-game participants. Wouldn't it be nice if there were more of the collaborative effect of the forum (the "social" aspect) IN-GAME??

Exactly what I was trying to get at buddy. If these were implemented or run in-game for all to join, not just the members that use the forums the game would of continued/or could continue to improve an exponential amount! Though all the funding/supporting we have done has been put towards new games, not clever ways of getting that kind of hype running.. IN-GAME.

Kahlua
01-20-2012, 10:08 AM
What else... C'mon dudes! Help me out here.. We can brainstorm them right here and then a StarGuard (Ebalere for ex.) will present em to the 'super-mods'.. Btw I remember the post by Delphina asking for help with ideas - so they r open for our initiatives

Anyone can suggest contest ideas to the Devs, you just have to organize it and submit the request. I sent Sam a PM asking for a reward for my contest and he replied 100% for it with a pretty hefty prize. That's the good thing about games; they can generate prizes and it costs them nothing.

oh and...

Cahlua

Cahlua

Cahlua

Cahlua

http://www.chanstickers.com/sites/default/files/rage.jpg

Lol :p

Kahlua
01-20-2012, 10:11 AM
Exactly what I was trying to get at buddy. If these were implemented or run in-game for all to join, not just the members that use the forums the game would of continued/or could continue to improve an exponential amount! Though all the funding/supporting we have done has been put towards new games, not clever ways of getting that kind of hype running.. IN-GAME.
Sam had the social media guys send out twitter and facebook messages linking to the contest on the forum :D

definitely a start

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 10:20 AM
Sam had the social media guys send out twitter and facebook messages linking to the contest on the forum :D

definitely a start

This has always been the case since back when any event was released ;)

Hmmm and exactly why do you only have one alt, and deleted all your mains/alts? Exactly :p

octavos
01-20-2012, 10:23 AM
interesting thread...very interesting

MimeRifle
01-20-2012, 10:23 AM
Hmmm and exactly why do you only have one alt, and deleted all your mains/alts? Exactly :p

Dang good question, Bod! Kal - explain yourself!!!

Ardon
01-20-2012, 10:24 AM
interesting thread...very interesting

Indeed. *sips tea*

Kahlua
01-20-2012, 10:35 AM
Dang good question, Bod! Kal - explain yourself!!!

no desire to level multiple accounts to the cap.
no items worth farming for.
new maps had creative maps idea for the most part (1-3) but the armor similarities showed proof that creativity was going elsewhere.
only way to make money is with plat money, lucky vanity drops, or no-lifing for a few days once a new cap is released.
didn't like the look of the 'elite' gear for my commando main.
didn't like that in order to cap with my play time I'd have to use platinum.
spending too much money on platinum.
too repetitive.

MimeRifle
01-20-2012, 10:38 AM
new maps had creative maps idea for the most part (1-3) but the armor similarities showed proof that creativity was going elsewhere.
only way to make money is with plat money, lucky vanity drops, or no-lifing for a few days once a new cap is released.
too repetitive.

Well, there I am, then! I am fully informed! Thanks for sharing. ;)

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 10:39 AM
too repetitive.

Jackpot! That over powers any competition in my eyes..

One thing I love about Kally... she don't hold back, and tells the truth how and when she sees it.. much love <3

Kahlua
01-20-2012, 10:41 AM
Jackpot! That over powers any competition in my eyes..

well ya but I was referring to the contest I was hosting :p

RyanCooper
01-20-2012, 10:43 AM
I agree with ardon. I have 4 accs now...they r the only reason why i m still playing. Hope sts will bring more good ideas to the game!

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 10:44 AM
well ya but I was referring to the contest I was hosting :p

Obviously.. ;)

Cheton
01-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Hey guys!!!! Modern Warfare 3 has my med to lg hands tied up at the moment. Hopefully I will be back later. Take care guys.

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 10:51 AM
Hey guys!!!! Modern Warfare 3 has my med to lg hands tied up at the moment. Hopefully I will be back later. Take care guys.

Hey Baz long time no see :p we may still be here when you get back ;)

StompArtist
01-20-2012, 10:53 AM
One has to ponder that if so many people are debating this right now... it may just not be dead after-all. lol

LelouchX
01-20-2012, 10:56 AM
One has to ponder that if so many people are debating this right now... it may just not be dead after-all. lol

good point, but how many people debating this are still as active as they were a month ago (in game, that is)?

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 10:56 AM

lol, true, in ways all the people that have posted here want to see the best from the game.. but unfortunately what we say or our opinions go through one ear out the other..

All the time I spend here is in the Off Topic section.

MimeRifle
01-20-2012, 11:01 AM
good point, but how many people debating this are still as active as they were a month ago?

*Raises Hand* Me! Granted, on the casual-to-hardcore player scale, I am near the middle, not off on the hardcore end. I value the collaboration and camaraderie of the game, which is why I tend to think that enhancements to the social aspects of the game system would make the biggest difference. Everyone wants different things, and you can't please everybody, but putting more of the game experience in the hands of players (to organize groups, contests, quests - sand-boxes, as it were) to me would really help because those players who want to take the creative lead could have much more impact.

LelouchX
01-20-2012, 11:07 AM
*Raises Hand* Me! Granted, on the casual-to-hardcore player scale, I am near the middle, not off on the hardcore end. I value the collaboration and camaraderie of the game, which is why I tend to think that enhancements to the social aspects of the game system would make the biggest difference. Everyone wants different things, and you can't please everybody, but putting more of the game experience in the hands of players (to organize groups, contests, quests - sand-boxes, as it were) to me would really help because those players who want to take the creative lead could have much more impact.

i went from hardcore to somewhere in the middle, for all the reason me and everyone else put here. i don't plan on stopping, but i can accomplish the same spending 50% of my free time playing as i did when i spent 90% of it playing. I play backgammon in bed instead of SL now, lol.

Mitchturbo
01-20-2012, 11:08 AM
@ Bodmaster, please cheer up :)
More contests are good, and while some people are working out and planning the next one, you should do all you can to help out and make your own fun activities.
Why leave all the work for just the passionate players to do,
Sure it would be excellent for the devs to release more updates and contents more often, but do you know how much work that is? I find they update bug fixes quickly and they do a good job listening to the forums.

Remember they are players too. They will never forget Star Legends: The Blackstar chronicals because that is their child.
If you didn't know, Star Legends began way back a couple of years ago under the name Blackstar. Way before Pocket Legends was even thought off.
There are some game footage floating around to prove this, it had the same idea but on a larger scale, the game looked quite diferent, but you can definitely see the ideas that got brought down to the smaller scale of an Smart Phone game.
You think they would just leave this game to die, then you arn't a very optimistic person are you. I think Its great how the sts team actually listen to their players and you know how busy they are right now. So please look on the bright side of life and stop bringing people down.
You were quite ignorant to a couple of fine suggestions from people and some friends of mine and yes it is very much the community that keeps mmo games alive and if your representing the community, your not doing a good job supporting it.

Sorry, I don't mean to offend you in any way, I'm sure you are a lovely person with lots of friends and support in ideas. But please don't moan about the game if you can't be botherd to play it and create fun quests of your own for your friends to get involved in.
Yes it is alot if work, I know because for the past few days I have been non stop placing guildies into teams of ten and organising competitions down on paper, so I have a right to say this.
For the people who have organized such competitions on the forums, well done you. It's you guys that are passionate about the game and you are doing a wonderful job.

Thanks for having the time to read this, as it took quite a long time to type this which I could of spent playing on the game instead. Thanks - best regards, Mitchturbo.

Kahlua
01-20-2012, 11:13 AM
@ Bodmaster, please cheer up :)
More contests are good, and while some people are working out and planning the next one, you should do all you can to help out and make your own fun activities.
Why leave all the work for just the passionate players to do,
Sure it would be excellent for the devs to release more updates and contents more often, but do you know how much work that is? I find they update bug fixes quickly and they do a good job listening to the forums.

Remember they are players too. They will never forget Star Legends: The Blackstar chronicals because that is their child.
If you didn't know, Star Legends began way back a couple of years ago under the name Blackstar. Way before Pocket Legends was even thought off.
There are some game footage floating around to prove this, it had the same idea but on a larger scale, the game looked quite diferent, but you can definitely see the ideas that got brought down to the smaller scale of an Smart Phone game.
You think they would just leave this game to die, then you arn't a very optimistic person are you. I think Its great how the sts team actually listen to their players and you know how busy they are right now. So please look on the bright side of life and stop bringing people down.
You were quite ignorant to a couple of fine suggestions from people and some friends of mine and yes it is very much the community that keeps mmo games alive and if your representing the community, your not doing a good job supporting it.

Sorry, I don't mean to offend you in any way, I'm sure you are a lovely person with lots of friends and support in ideas. But please don't moan about the game if you can't be botherd to play it and create fun quests of your own for your friends to get involved in.
Yes it is alot if work, I know because for the past few days I have been non stop placing guildies into teams of ten and organising competitions down on paper, so I have a right to say this.
For the people who have organized such competitions on the forums, well done you. It's you guys that are passionate about the game and you are doing a wonderful job.

Thanks for having the time to read this, as it took quite a long time to type this which I could of spent playing on the game instead. Thanks - best regards, Mitchturbo.

Oh god....

Im not even gonna dissect this.
Just know you've replied to the wrong person about "not caring for the community."

Inb4meltdown.

octavos
01-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Oh god....

Just know you've replied to the wrong person about "not caring for the community."

Inb4meltdown.

IB4MELTDOWN also, Bod, myself, Kahlua and may others care about the community.....and that post is not cool bud.
if you dont want to offend please edit your posting.

Dahitman
01-20-2012, 11:18 AM
Agreed. End game is kinda boring right now. Some new Legendary weps and stuff would give it a boost. Havn't seen some of my friends in a long time. People are fading away...

I agree. Folks are indeed fading away :(

LelouchX
01-20-2012, 11:22 AM
playing devil's advocate, with 50 posts, mitch may just be uninformed by thinking bod is "not caring for the community." it's easy to form the wrong opinion about someone. also, he could have posted something nasty, rather than a thought out articulated reply. with that said, bod truly is the opposite of "not caring about the community"

Mitchturbo
01-20-2012, 11:22 AM
I haven't done anything wrong, I'm voicing my opinion as in you guys,
I don't know many of you well enough, but if you are concerned about the community then thanks!
It's people like you who keep the game moving forward.

octavos
01-20-2012, 11:23 AM
I agree. Folks are indeed fading away :(

i see a decline also, i have 3 lv 41 also so i have been seeing a change :( maybe with tons of console game releases...EG: Skyrim :p

and @ mitchturbo...yes...were posting here because we care, how can we play if our guildmates/friends leave when SL is intended to be a team based game? thats what were trying to figure out. if we do find friends they are low level lol. (we need there help now)

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 11:32 AM
Oh god....

Inb4meltdown.

IB4MELTDOWN also, Bod, myself, Kahlua and may others care about the community.....and that post is not cool bud.
if you dont want to offend please edit your posting.

playing devil's advocate, with 50 posts, mitch may just be uninformed by thinking bod is "not caring for the community." it's easy to form the wrong opinion about someone. also, he could have posted something nasty, rather than a thought out articulated reply. with that said, bod truly is the opposite of "not caring about the community"

I haven't done anything wrong, I'm voicing my opinion as in you guys,
I don't know many of you well enough, but if you are concerned about the community then thanks!
It's people like you who keep the game moving forward.

I was half way typing a reply, and stopped myself, I'm not going to answer or disect your post, if you want to continue please do so in a PM.

There's a difference about voicing your opinion on a subject, than attacking one sole member of the community (any member, even if it is 'sticking up for a guildie') in a thread regarding the best for the community.

But I would like to inform you I put my whole heart and soul into this game, I'm over passionate about its success if anything.

If I didn't care, do you really think I'd be still here discussing this? (Rhetorical question)

Mitchturbo
01-20-2012, 11:33 AM
i see a decline also, i have 3 lv 41 also so i have been seeing a change :( maybe with tons of console game releases...EG: Skyrim :p

and @ mitchturbo...yes...were posting here because we care, how can we play if our guildmates/friends leave when SL is intended to be a team based game? if we do find friends they are low level lol. (we need there help now)

Yes, thanks Octavos :-) I understand now.
It can be very saddening when players or more importantly friends leave the game.
I now understand why everyone has starting worrying about the game.

Thanks for clearing this up for me :-)

abbasjammmy
01-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Agreed when the cap was 50k (36) I finished it in 10-11 days but with this cap I've uses so much plat and trying so hard but has taken me like a month :(

octavos
01-20-2012, 11:39 AM
I was half way typing a reply, and stopped myself, I'm not going to answer or disect your post, if you want to continue please do so in a PM.

There's a difference about voicing your opinion on a subject, than attacking one sole member of the community (any member, even if it is 'sticking up for a guildie') in a thread regarding the best for the community.

But I would like to inform you I put my whole heart and soul into this game, I'm over passionate about its success if anything.

If I didn't care, do you really think I'd be still here discussing this? (Rhetorical question)

Yes, thanks Octavos :-) I understand now.
It can be very saddening when players or more importantly friends leave the game.
I now understand why everyone has starting worrying about the game.

Thanks for clearing this up for me :-)

ATM were all concerned and its all valid...we spend tons of time in game and we are seeing a change, that we all agree on. Bod, i dont believe Mitch as trying to hurt you in any way.
were all abit concerned because our close friends and even some of mine have disappeared (i know where some went but thats beside the point).

The point is that quietness in B* ppl just standing there doing "what looks like nothing lol" concerned threads like these....yes we want change. but the change we want is options not receptiveness *how about a Starlegends-go-cart, or SL board game, Starlegends fruit ninja ect... a game within a game.

KillaSkillz
01-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Please don't comment on something you obviously have no clue about.

New content will change this, if StS implemented something from the hundreds of suggestions once a month or every few weeks more people would continue playing. Even something as small as cutting down the drop rate for any 'epic' item would increase the amount of players that stay on.

Do you know what the meaning of PvP is? Or even the issues that the engi's have? The engi would be power houses and stand a good chance at dominating PvP if the skills worked how they should..

Your ignorance is what we will see more of if this continues on..

First off this is a discussion thread, I will post where I please on topics that I feel I can add something useful or helpful to. I really don't care of your "opinion" on whether or not I have been around long enough to "have a clue". Changing and updating at the whim of a user because of a complaint leads to catering to a select few instead of the masses, and a game that is a monster to maintain. It is STS's game and they should try to accomodate the users of their product when possible.

2nd of all even powerered up, the classes in pvp are not equal. They serve a specific purpose. Engineer should pvp against engineers of a similar level. And commandos shoud pvp commandos. Next complaint will be "my level 10 engineer can't beat a level 41 commando, we need sts to powerup skills to make it fair" or some such foolishness. It's not the system it is how it is used by the community. Perhaps sts could add more filters to pvp so players could be more selective on who enters a game for fairness (a class filter)

it's not ignorance when someone doesn't share your point of view, it's a difference of opinion. Healthy debates solve issues.
Good day to you sir.

MYNISTA
01-20-2012, 11:40 AM
We definitely care about the community, that's why we are trying to be heard. Some of us actually do ALL of the things that you have considered Mitch. I run with you all of the time! We're just asking for a few adjustments, additions & fixes. I'm hardcore, I still play everyday, and I do still enjoy the game...just not as much as I use to enjoy it. Vol's mini bosses and end level chests drop the exact same lootz as Thyra. I'm just askin for some new Legendaries! Lol. Even new Legendaries for lower levels. In PL they added the Fiery weapons of Doom for level 10. That made it fun to go back with my high level toon and grind the Forest Haven maps. I would like to see stuff like that frequently added to the game. And I miss my homies like Bod and Ardon! Lol. Chillin' with community (that you've raised your toons with/around) is one of the best parts of this game.

LelouchX
01-20-2012, 11:49 AM
i'm pretty sure i have nothing new i'm willing to share in this thread, but for the record killaskillz, there really is only so much you can do in this game after capping your main toons, and they have been discussed at length in this thread as well. update = 5 new maps. 'nuff said

Kahlua
01-20-2012, 11:52 AM
First off this is a discussion thread, I will post where I please on topics that I feel I can add something useful or helpful to. I really don't care of your "opinion" on whether or not I have been around long enough to "have a clue". Changing and updating at the whim of a user because of a complaint leads to catering to a select few instead of the masses, and a game that is a monster to maintain. It is STS's game and they should try to accomodate the users of their product when possible.

2nd of all even powerered up, the classes in pvp are not equal. They serve a specific purpose. Engineer should pvp against engineers of a similar level. And commandos shoud pvp commandos. Next complaint will be "my level 10 engineer can't beat a level 41 commando, we need sts to powerup skills to make it fair" or some such foolishness. It's not the system it is how it is used by the community. Perhaps sts could add more filters to pvp so players could be more selective on who enters a game for fairness (a class filter)

it's not ignorance when someone doesn't share your point of view, it's a difference of opinion. Healthy debates solve issues.
Good day to you sir.

This is a different topic entirely, but just gonna point out that the reason PVP is so one sided is because the skills aren't working the way they should. Engineer skills heal the person they're attacking...some of them dont work at all...if the skills were fixed, the engineer could technically win every single battle hands down if played with correctly.

All the classes seem balanced enough should the skills be fixed. Just have to use the right skills, and unfortunately for the engineers, those 'right skills' are the broken skills.

Cero
01-20-2012, 11:56 AM
same as old.
same as old.
same as old.

octavos
01-20-2012, 11:57 AM
This is a different topic entirely, but just gonna point out that the reason PVP is so one sided is because the skills aren't working the way they should. Engineer skills heal the person they're attacking...some of them dont work at all...if the skills were fixed, the engineer could technically win every single battle hands down if played with correctly.

All the classes seem balanced enough should the skills be fixed. Just have to use the right skills, and unfortunately for the engineers, those 'right skills' are the broken skills.

My main is engineer, and yup...ppl kill me tons of times....soon i will have my revenge lol....but yes Kahlua is right were broken and need fixing

Mitchturbo
01-20-2012, 12:01 PM
Thanks everyone, I am deeply sorry with my earlier post, I made the mistake of rushing in and yes I did defend a fellow guildie, I shouldnt of targeted you Bod too. I made a genuine boo boo and I think you realised that.
Thanks for understanding.
On the plus note, I think it can be said that we've worked this thread out between us quite well without too much flaming and that it shows how much this game means to us all :-)

MimeRifle
01-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Thanks everyone, I am deeply sorry with my earlier post, I made the mistake of rushing in and yes I did defend a fellow guildie, I shouldnt of targeted you Bod too. I made a genuine boo boo and I think you realised that.
On the plus note, I think it can be said that we've worked this thread out between us quite well without too much flaming and that it shows how much this game means to us all :-)

I think that's nicely-stated Mitch. I could tell your concern comes from someone who loves the game!

octavos
01-20-2012, 12:20 PM
I think that's nicely-stated Mitch. I could tell your concern comes from someone who loves the game!

all of us do, but we miss our friends more...my guilds tagline.... "intelligence guides us, friends move us"
we all get alittle lonesome...right?

@mitch well said my friend :D

KillaSkillz
01-20-2012, 12:38 PM

I play comm and only pvp 1v1 comm vs. comm of a similar level. if engineer skills are malfuntioning this should be priority number one for STS to fix, something like that going uncorrected for too long could actually kill pvp forever, at least for engineers, which is bad for everyone. Wow I wanted to 3man comm,op,eng some pvp games as teams, but if this is the case what's the point. Thank you for filling me in on the engineers justified frustrations with pvp. I had thought it was mostly a fairness between classes issue.

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 12:40 PM

Thanks Mitch, (I'm out of thanks).

Great attitude, and shows that we all make the mistakes as to judge another (as do I), we wouldn't be human if not right? ;) and what you say is true to be able to have a civil convo without turning this into a flame thread and getting a lock, we did a good job and there is a future for the community to be united.

I really do want to see the success of SL and am still going to cap my main (as previously stated) to see how the game is getting along. But for me personally, will not be spending my whole time in game as I used to previously (purchasing 2-4k plat per month), may change my mind may get blown away withther features added in the future. Tho this is how I feel at the moment.

LelouchX
01-20-2012, 12:44 PM
shows that we all make the mistakes as to judge another (as do I), we wouldn't be human if not right?

What?!?! I'm yet to see this, and I thought bod was a yeti? now he's human? I guess I missed a few memos then......

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 12:47 PM
I play comm and only pvp 1v1 comm vs. comm of a similar level. if engineer skills are malfuntioning this should be priority number one for STS to fix, something like that going uncorrected for too long could actually kill pvp forever, at least for engineers, which is bad for everyone. Wow I wanted to 3man comm,op,eng some pvp games as teams, but if this is the case what's the point. Thank you for filling me in on the engineers justified frustrations with pvp. I had thought it was mostly a fairness between classes issue.

This was my reasoning behind my previous post on engi. This was noted as an issue/bug straight after PvP was released to StS and has still not been fixed. These little but very important things can make or break a feature.

Meaning the PvP LB currently is not entirely fair or true, and if changed it would need to be reset, though that's another discussion for another topic.

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 12:51 PM
What?!?! I'm yet to see this, and I thought bod was a yeti? now he's human? I guess I missed a few memos then......

Lmao! And this is the reason I stay in game/community, great people and a good laugh! :D

MimeRifle
01-20-2012, 12:52 PM
*sniffle* You're like the duct-tape that holds this joint together Bod-my-brother! :encouragement:

octavos
01-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Lmao! And this is the reason I stay in game/community, great people and a good laugh! :D

glad to see everyone is happy now...now back to topic at hand ppl.
lol, you guys are awesome BTW. :D

Mitchturbo
01-20-2012, 01:30 PM
:welcoming:

Kahlua
01-20-2012, 01:45 PM
oooo fancy title change

Ebalere
01-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Why dont we all go in game and do nekkid runs ;D

octavos
01-20-2012, 01:59 PM

i believe a boss compilation of each levels are in order :D just like PL....just sayin

Ebalere
01-20-2012, 02:11 PM
i believe a boss compilation of each levels are in order :D just like PL....just sayin

I suggested this earlier this week. I'd love a gauntlet. Remember doing huge boss pulls in the swamp one? I used to love taking my 56 bear in there and gathering them. We need "secret grates" with green ice equivalents, boss gauntlets, etc..

It's funny, PL side of the forums think SL players have it so good, and you come over to SL side of the forums, and we're all reminiscing about PL. XD

Edit: although, PL at level 41 cap was nothing like it is now..

Cheton
01-20-2012, 02:13 PM
LOL I hope Bro!!!

Kahlua
01-20-2012, 02:14 PM
SL doesn't really have bosses besides the last maps though :(
And the 'bosses' we do have for the first 4 are ridiculously easy and don't drop anything of value.

I am all for a gauntlet, but only when each level starts getting bosses that require some form of intelligence to defeat.

octavos
01-20-2012, 02:19 PM
SL doesn't really have bosses besides the last maps though :(
And the 'bosses' we do have for the first 4 are ridiculously easy and don't drop anything of value.

I am all for a gauntlet, but only when each level starts getting bosses that require some form of intelligence to defeat.

put all last bosses ATM in one level...that would be fun :p and have a second version have a plat buy-in with epic and (NEW PINKS...and vanities.)
or a starlegends go-cart lol...i wanna race ppl

Ardon
01-20-2012, 02:22 PM
put all last bosses ATM in one level...that would be fun :p

One area.

4 Guardians. 3 miners and 2 Mysterious figures with 1 terminal and the bombs.

All this while you have to avoid red mines and 10 snipers

Goal: Survive

LelouchX
01-20-2012, 02:23 PM
because some of us are at work :disturbed:

octavos
01-20-2012, 02:27 PM
because some of us are at work :disturbed:

im at work...so whats ur point lol

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 02:28 PM
One area.

Dang I'm out of thanks again.. haha this is BAWWWS

octavos
01-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Dang I'm out of thanks again.. haha this is BAWWWS

ill do it for you....but yes a hard map with good stuff....good for elite capped players. nice

LelouchX
01-20-2012, 02:31 PM
im at work...so whats ur point lol
well:
- lead plated walls = no cell reception
- my phone is stupid anyway even IF i had cell reception
- internet activity could potentially be tracked, bye bye SL on chrome
- wifi @ work = fail of epic proportions

now i'm going to the corner to cry

octavos
01-20-2012, 02:32 PM
well:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...then yup...i c y ur crying, but i use wifi through a mac.....i use my mac...and boom instant internet no drop connections
its sharing internet in system menu

Ebalere
01-20-2012, 02:33 PM
SL doesn't really have bosses besides the last maps though :(.

Ahhh right.. I forgot about that detail.. Some were ok tho, usually the 3-4-5 maps are good boss-wise in a campaign. IMO, the only bosses that aren't tank-n-spank (at appropriate level) are Mcgurk, the Sprite traps in Numa and Mysterious figure. While doing the Emotes at director makes the battle quicker, you can still totally hammer him to death without doing a single dance.

I'd like to see boss fights where hitting them in a weak point was important, taking some cues from FFIII, and a little bit of WoW (which I've never played).

- attacking from behind, where you'd need a commando to tank while the group attacks their weaker backside.

- Bosses where their weakspot opens up for a very limited amount of time, forcing you to defends from major attacks while saving your best skills for that one 10 second chance.

- Bosses with a weakness to certain skills, and if you fight all the way to the boss and don't have an op with lurch, you're screwed, sorry, try again.

- HARD bosses. Imagine stumbling upon TWO Guardians as a measly level 21 and getting just busted in half, then coming back with a pro team at level 26 and fighting your guts out and getting beaten again. And only until you have the best strategy will you beat him. He's still hard at level 41, kinda thing.

Kahlua
01-20-2012, 02:35 PM
One area.

Wait I thought this was star legends, not every-single-map-of-ninja-gaiden legends

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 02:36 PM
ill do it for you....but yes a hard map with good stuff....good for elite capped players. nice

I'd play this day and night to conquer! As long as it was literally the hardest thing in game to do with like a 5-10% of a completion rate at top gear/stats, but an epicly awesome gear pieces/weapons.

well:

This never used to stop me.. but it was highly annoying haha

Kahlua
01-20-2012, 02:39 PM
And if anyone doesnt get my above reference...I have a hilarious video of some kid playing the very first part of Ninja Gaiden 2 on the SECOND HARDEST DIFFICULTY (yes there is a harder one), let's just say he doesn't get far. It has VERY VERY strong language...like every other word LOL. PM me if you want it.

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 02:43 PM
And if anyone doesnt get my above reference...I have a hilarious video of some kid playing the very first part of Ninja Gaiden 2 on the SECOND HARDEST DIFFICULTY (yes there is a harder one), let's just say he doesn't get far. It has VERY VERY strong language...like every other word LOL. PM me if you want it.

Il have it :p tho I can't watch it because my fair use is up.. :( tho back to normal from 12-4 for some reason.

Ninja Gaiden?? Pffffft I used to play them with my eyes closed xD

LelouchX
01-20-2012, 02:44 PM
+1 for ninja gaiden

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 02:47 PM
OMG! This reminded me of SY days haha, can you remember Kally? Using celebrate emote to indicate what mob number you were at.. bahaaaaaaa

Kahlua
01-20-2012, 02:52 PM
OMG! This reminded me of SY days haha, can you remember Kally? Using celebrate emote to indicate what mob number you were at.. bahaaaaaaa

lol on my blind runs after doing biosphere 4367930683748972493769723406872 times?

Ihavenokills
01-20-2012, 02:56 PM
--->*insert everyones awesome statements here*<---

and thats how i pretty much feel as well. +1 to all. when it comes to creativity in how we play, you can't get much more creative then what im doing and i'm in fact getting ridiculously bored with it..

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 03:05 PM
lol on my blind runs after doing biosphere 4367930683748972493769723406872 times?

Yup hahaaaaa we did a few runs there eh... Hahaa

--->*insert everyones awesome statements here*<---

and thats how i pretty much feel as well. +1 to all. when it comes to creativity in how we play, you can't get much more creative then what im doing and i'm in fact getting ridiculously bored with it..

LMAO! It could only last a certain amount of time, tho I take my hat of to you for lasting this long.. I was one of your doubters :p

Ihavenokills
01-20-2012, 03:09 PM
LMAO! It could only last a certain amount of time, tho I take my hat of to you for lasting this long.. I was one of your doubters :p

hahahaha did you know i made an account the other day that i got....*whispers* kills on???!....crazy talk but thats how bored i was!

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 03:12 PM
hahahaha did you know i made an account the other day that i got....*whispers* kills on???!....crazy talk but thats how bored i was!

You done the unthinkable :O wow you must of been bored Hahaa

Commanderkeen
01-20-2012, 03:31 PM
I find myself being one of the ppl who have started to move away from SL but I don't want to. It just seems so different now then when I started and ive been playing now for awhile. Im asking myself do I even need to log in today is there even a point? There is one point I do log in im a gm so I gotta check in and see how my guild is doing and promoting members who have reached the requirements to become recruiters. And kahluas contest did show me a glimpse of hope for SL. Some new in game content would be awsome like ghosts go karts and a gauntlet pretty much anything would be nice. I know sts is probably pretty busy with managing two games and still developing one so I don't blame sts for any of this. I think the in game community has changed so much to almost everytime I enter blackstar I hear one or more ppl fighting with another over the most stupidest stuff and I try to stop them I say be nice guys or just tell each party to mute one another and it wasn't like this in beta and im like what happened. I also find myself on the forum more than the game the community here seems so much better then the in game community. Well this is my opinion on the current status of SL.

Ihavenokills
01-20-2012, 03:34 PM
I find myself being one of the ppl who have started to move away from SL but I don't want to. It just seems so different now then when I started and ive been playing now for awhile. Im asking myself do I even need to log in today is there even a point? There is one point I do log in im a gm so I gotta check in and see how my guild is doing and promoting members who have reached the requirements to become recruiters. And kahluas contest did show me a glimpse of hope for SL. Some new in game content would be awsome like ghosts go karts and a gauntlet pretty much anything would be nice. I know sts is probably pretty busy with managing two games and still developing one so I don't blame sts for any of this. I think the in game community has changed so much to almost everytime I enter blackstar I hear one or more ppl fighting with another over the most stupidest stuff and I try to stop them I say be nice guys or just tell each party to mute one another and it wasn't like this in beta and im like what happened. I also find myself on the forum more than the game the community here seems so much better then the in game community. Well this is my opinion on the current status of SL.

usually fights break out from trolls running around blackstar. trolls are created from boredom in the game. new and improved content = less trolls :D everyone wins!

LelouchX
01-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Some new in game content would be awsome
qft

I think the in game community has changed so much to almost everytime I enter blackstar I hear one or more ppl fighting with another over the most stupidest stuff
qft

I know sts is probably pretty busy with managing two games and still developing one so I don't blame sts for any of this.
Well, i think i covered my thoughts on this already:

my thoughts on DL ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ click arrow to view post

Sheokaf
01-20-2012, 03:48 PM
I'm just gonna jump in after reading this because I couldnt help but notice that PL today received awards for veteran players 1,3 and 6 month. I do not see that for SL. This upsets me. And Idl the cap armor either.

Snakespeare
01-20-2012, 03:53 PM
If you read the announcement it says:

Also, we have plans to bring the Veteran Reward feature to Star Legends.

octavos
01-20-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm just gonna jump in after reading this because I couldnt help but notice that PL today received awards for veteran players 1,3 and 6 month. I do not see that for SL. This upsets me. And Idl the cap armor either.

Dont worry my friends, many of us hardcore SL fans wait for our day....just wait a bit k :p

Sheokaf
01-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Well thank. God for that. All hope is restored!

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 03:59 PM
If you read the announcement it says:

News to me :p 3 awards including the veteran crown.. I'm gona have to check this out to make sense of it ain't I lol..

Love the idea of vanity, even if everyone gets it and gets boring after a while since its for anyones account the hits 1 3 and 6 months guess I have them both in PL and SL then :p

To do this and not being able to add more definition to an elite armour for Com has me a little wound up tho...

Cahaun
01-20-2012, 04:23 PM
I actually think that the Centurion armor should be unacquired by just waiting 6 months and picking up the game. What do you think everyone will wear? Now for the SL veteran reward set...
Clone armor! Complete with various helmets and paint jobs that represent their class.

Mitchturbo
01-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Whoa nice, looking forward to that ;-)

octavos
01-20-2012, 04:37 PM
I actually think that the Centurion armor should be unacquired by just waiting 6 months and picking up the game. What do you think everyone will wear? Now for the SL veteran reward set...
Clone armor! Complete with various helmets and paint jobs that represent their class.

Raasasa, i have hope, thats all i have. op=ninja....engineer=jedi... commando=master chief just as an example :p

LelouchX
01-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Raasasa, i have hope, thats all i have. op=ninja....engineer=jedi... commando=master chief just as an example :p

i like it, except for one minor change.......
engineer = newt ;-)

octavos
01-20-2012, 04:42 PM
i like it, except for one minor change.......
engineer = newt ;-)

no engineer=no rev=rage quit...show love to the engineer lol

Ardon
01-20-2012, 04:43 PM
hmmm new veterans vanity armor sounds interesting lol looking forward to it.

Would be awesome if they had many types of vanity armor in the plat store. Including vanity guns.

The slots are there. Might as well make some money lol
I'm down as long as they don't give bonuses. Pure vanity.

octavos
01-20-2012, 04:45 PM
hmmm new veterans vanity armor sounds interesting lol looking forward to it.

Would be awesome if they had many types of vanity armor in the plat store. Including vanity guns.

The slots are there. Might as well make some money lol
I'm down as long as they don't give bonuses. Pure vanity.

Why not no bonuses?...i thought ur good in PvP? you should have no prob lol

LelouchX
01-20-2012, 04:46 PM
no engineer=no rev=rage quit...show love to the engineer lol

did it look like i wasn't showing love? mea culpa, newt's my main, i show more love to the engi than any other class.

and i still want me some newt armor, i don't need you to rez me, lol

Edit: loved bear, hate com, hence my i'm louchie on forums

Ardon
01-20-2012, 04:48 PM
Why not...i thought ur good in PvP? you should have no prob lol

Yeah but still gotta look out for those non plat peeps who would complain about unfair plat items that give an edge against non plat users(:

octavos
01-20-2012, 04:52 PM
did it look like i wasn't showing love? mea culpa, newt's my main, i show more love to the engi than any other class.

and i still want me some newt armor, i don't need you to rez me, lol

Ohhh eye c...i dont want to be called Godzilla ok lol jk.

Yeah but still gotta look out for those non plat peeps who would complain about unfair plat items that give an edge against non plat users(:

Ohhhh Eye c....yup gotta make sure they dont get mad (but usually they find something to complain about anyway lol)

LelouchX
01-20-2012, 04:54 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, idky that cracked me up so much +1, lemme see if i got any thanks left.....

Edit: yup :-)

Ardon
01-20-2012, 04:54 PM

Ohhhh Eye c....yup gotta make sure they dont get mad (but usually they find something to complain about anyway lol)

True but sometimes it is understandable like the lvl 35 shield + pink gun bonus, the lvl 35 plat implants and miners luck

Kenzor
01-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Well im quite amazed at the response to this, Im glad Im not the only one with concerns about the way things are going at the moment. Just look at the ideas that have come up from one thread, we all want certain changes, obviously STS cant grant all our wishes but they could at least take a page from a few books.

I guess Im just passionate about listening to customer needs from running my own business but in my experience, that is the priority. You arent going to get people to stay interested if its all pretty much the same all the time, thats just the way it is. I completely understand that STS are probably worked to the bone with trying to juggle all the things they do at once but at least, we need some sort of insight into what's to come.

Maybe we're in for a big shock and a major change is on its way? Who knows? The players have spoken, the devs just need to act.

"Feedback is the breakfast of champions"

P.S. I moved to Vengeance as SP is way too inactive now with many moving to WoM, I still love you guys :) but its good to see a face you recognise often.

Protank
01-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Get bored with pve?

Pvp pvp pvp like me :D

krazii
01-20-2012, 05:42 PM
I got bored with SL, now I do this!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfph3iNC-k

Ardon
01-20-2012, 06:00 PM
I got bored with SL, now I do this!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfph3iNC-k

you watch YouTube videos? Lol i do that all the time :p

Sick video btw. Ive always wanted to base jump. Seems like a HUGE rush.

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Well im quite amazed at the response to this, Im glad Im not the only one with concerns about the way things are going at the moment. Just look at the ideas that have come up from one thread, we all want certain changes, obviously STS cant grant all our wishes but they could at least take a page from a few books.

I guess Im just passionate about listening to customer needs from running my own business but in my experience, that is the priority. You arent going to get people to stay interested if its all pretty much the same all the time, thats just the way it is. I completely understand that STS are probably worked to the bone with trying to juggle all the things they do at once but at least, we need some sort of insight into what's to come.

Maybe we're in for a big shock and a major change is on its way? Who knows? The players have spoken, the devs just need to act.

"Feedback is the breakfast of champions"

P.S. I moved to Vengeance as SP is way too inactive now with many moving to WoM, I still love you guys :) but its good to see a face you recognise often.

Exactly, and i hope so :)

Ardon on the other hand... fail... don't you even know who's in your own guild? xD

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 06:03 PM
you watch YouTube videos? Lol i do that all the time :p

Sick video btw. Ive always wanted to base jump. Seems like a HUGE rush.

Not when SOPA bill strikes..:p

Ardon
01-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Exactly, and i hope so :)

Ardon on the other hand... fail... don't you even know who's in your own guild? xD

:P
He said he just joined lol last night actually. Probably after this thread he made. I just noticed this afternoon when I got on lol

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 06:08 PM
:P
He said he just joined lol last night actually. Probably after this thread he made. I just noticed this afternoon when I got on lol

Must be all them countless sleepless grinding nights we did, must of caught up to you.. your losing it.. xD

Ardon
01-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Must be all them countless sleepless grinding nights we did, must of caught up to you.. your losing it.. xD

Lol I'm still feeling the after effects of those nights. I sleep late and wake up early. I get like 3-4 hours Max of sleep per night lol

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Lol I'm still feeling the after effects of those nights. I sleep late and wake up early. I get like 3-4 hours Max of sleep per night lol

Same hahaa, I feel sometimes as if I've gone nocturnal ha, I stay up till 6-7am then sleep for 3-4 hours 9-10am :/

LelouchX
01-20-2012, 06:17 PM
Same hahaa, I feel sometimes as if I've gone nocturnal ha, I stay up till 6-7am then sleep for 3-4 hours 9-10am :/

i'm glad it's not just me getting no sleep. i'm on the sleep at 4-5, wake at 7-8 schedule

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 06:24 PM
i'm glad it's not just me getting no sleep. i'm on the sleep at 4-5, wake at 7-8 schedule

Nah a few of us are there right with you lol.

If I get the required amount of sleep its like 2-3pm then I feel bad for sleeping so long and feel as if I've wasted my day so I get up :p

Though if I mess up my 4 hr cycle it messes up my day fully! Lol.