PDA

View Full Version : Mage VS Bear help please

Thasaint
01-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Hey guys,
Today I was trying out some new builds and I noticed something. For some reason I cannot fight and win against a bear unless I get lucky (he misses scream and beckon.)

Any help I can get on how to fight them better will be greatly appreciated. (In case anyone asks (for different fighting technique) I am Lv 65 with a Lv 63 Lilith wand set.)
Thanks! :)

-Thasaint

Twinklaser
01-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Im not an expert at high level pvp but I can give you my input. First of all get thelvl 65 Lilith set if you can. Stats are min to wear int gear and dump rest in dex for hit%. Skills are self explanitory.

A bears greatest weakness is the low range of its moves. Once you counter Hellscream and Beckon, you can win most of the time. Use fire to counter beckon and try to stay outs Hellscream range. Experiment with range so you can use Drain and ice as soon as possible. For combo Id use Drain Ice Lighting Fire kite. Heal when you see the Crushing Blow or Hellscream Debuff. Try to us mana shield as late as possible as your last resort. If by some misfortune you happen to b caught by beckon, use weakness to reduce the bears hit%.

Sorry if its unorganized, hoped I helped!

Thasaint
01-19-2012, 11:29 PM
Very helpful, thanks! :)

XghostzX
01-20-2012, 12:50 AM
Twinklaser stated it above pretty well.

The one trick is to avoid a bears pull because then you'll be getting stunned constantly, then it'll be hard to get out. Kiting is a useful tool and also timing your heal, drain life, and mana shield to sustain health for as long as possible.

Mothwing
01-20-2012, 12:57 AM
Try my combo: Drain, FrostBite, Fire!! =)

XghostzX
01-20-2012, 07:58 AM
Try my combo: Drain, FrostBite, Fire!! =)

Drain lightning fire heal is a good one too.

Kingxofxdeath
01-20-2012, 09:33 AM
oh that must be why i fail at pvp ;) <just press them all and hope for the best > lol

XghostzX
01-21-2012, 01:12 AM
oh that must be why i fail at pvp ;) <just press them all and hope for the best > lol

We all go through that phase :) The best way to pvp at low levels is by investing points into single target spells as well as fire and lighting and heal. A simple combination of frostbite, firestorm will deliver an added 15% damage (on average, something like that).

Swimmingstar
01-21-2012, 01:46 PM
I have an all purpose combo... Use it fast for best results. Frost, Drain, fire, Light, Icestorm. Also use weakness and nightmare before if there's time. Remember to heal if you get debuffed. Sorry if I explained it badly. If you don't kill your opponent with this then run out of their range to attack you...

As for beating eden... that's my secret. :) Thanks to Parth for finding out what she does.

Late
01-21-2012, 01:56 PM
I have orlok set it gives me 43hp regen and 218 armor and 20-30 dodge unbuffed

Swimmingstar
01-21-2012, 02:04 PM
And they say the Lilith set is overpowered...

Riccits
01-21-2012, 02:07 PM
and they say the lilith set is overpowered...

it is! :)

Swimmingstar
01-21-2012, 02:49 PM
it is! :)

I don't agree.