PDA

View Full Version : Veteran Rewards

Lowlyspy
01-20-2012, 01:17 AM
We have all heard these words tossed around on the forums by devs and players alike, we all like the idea, but nothing really has been announced other than "we're working on it." Now this isn't a hate thread on STS, i know they're busy making Humania and the next chapter for SL while simultaneously creating a brand new game to entice us with again, this is a thread to discuss and expand upon the idea that has been bouncing about. I put some thought into it tonight (about 20 minutes worth) and figured why not make veteran rewards give stat bonus' comparable to their elite cap counterparts?

Now now don't go biting my head off just yet because "Well i spent all that time and plat to get my elite vanity so ur just being lazy and greedy by suggesting this, RAGERAGERAGE." Try hearing me out. How long have elite vanities been a part of PL? About 9 months? Well in that 9 months you have gotten 3 elite cap vanities, Congrats, and here soon ya'll will be getting another one to add to your collection, Yippee. Yes i propose that the veteran rewards be awarded every 6 months, 2 a year.

The way i think of it, you can either speed your way to the elite cap with elixers (or what have you) to get it every time as fast as you can, or you can play the tortoise and wait a bit longer for your gratification and save some plat in the process.

Yes this may seem like the economical option for us and not quite so for the devs but if you think about it, there are plenty of people in game who dont have the attention span to wait 1 month for an elite vanity let alone 6 months when they could have gotten 3 in that time.

I was in a bit of a sleepy stupor when i thought of this so lemme know what you guys think. Critique me all you want, im too tired to care lol

Martin Tander
01-20-2012, 04:13 AM
Well...i never used plat to cap my main(well only in nuri cuz had few hours till fang launched and 45k xp to go...6 hours later got my shield) fang was only on 1.5xp pots and took like 8-12 days of hardcore farming/xp...and sewer cap...well was kinda noobish then so took a month:))))

Barrington
01-20-2012, 05:18 AM
good idea the founders gear was going along a nice theme with the purple and silver coloring

MightyMicah
01-20-2012, 05:18 AM
I Like the idea. It evens the playing field while giving newer guys a better chance in the future. +1

NECROREAPER
01-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Its been a year and 7 months for me, no veteran reward.

I'm happy with my pumpkin

Lowlyspy
01-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Lol talk about coincedence, vet rewards just got released. Thread is in patch notes.

Tompika
01-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Hey guys these veteran armors are so good :) but I think that the shields are too huge... I havent got it but its covering the caracters faces :/

Barbamitsos
01-20-2012, 03:17 PM
im happy with my veteran set, founders helm, pumpkin and witch hat. In my honest opinion this is a phone game and not a game like WoW that has 3000+ employees. The dev team is limited and cant act so much. Takin that in consideration and the fact that most mmoes r out 3-4 years when pl is hardly 1.5y old we should let em progress and find out by themselves the way to help us and themselves.

This thread will help em understand your needs and a percentage of other players too. But on the other hand, if we criticise too much it makes em beleive we just want more and more and more and we "cut their wings" as they try. Sometimes, like the winter platmas (xmas) was a dev fest. OK. But u got some nice items that someone spent time makin. I dont think the campaign was worth my 30-50 plat and the plat some friends of mine spended to farm. Last year the concept was way better.

Just take into consideration that if u act to help em we will all be happier. If u post to make em feel sad you will just get "coal antennas" ( cause they r the only devs that hear opinions and ik it cause iv played too many mmoes like wow, dota, LOL, lineage, age of connan, star wars, bloodline champions and more ).
Just my opinion bro :)

Cahaun
01-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Lol talk about coincedence, vet rewards just got released. Thread is in patch notes.
Yea I was like "Lowly was just talking about that lol"

Lamah
01-20-2012, 06:25 PM
In my honest opinion this is a phone game and not a game like WoW

Not trying to flame but I feel I must correct you here.
This WAS a phone game, now it is an Android, Apple, google chrome game that is very much like WoW except for the employee base (where you are correct).
And with that said, with out criticism it's hard for one to make them selfs better because only through our mistakes do we learn.

Snakespeare
01-20-2012, 06:30 PM

You achieve some sort of super-Ninja status for that trick, I think! ;)