PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Veteran Rewards!

Skeletonlord
01-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Hey guys, I love the new veteran items, but I have a suggestion to improve it. How about if they added a Roman themed weapon to go with the set which makes a bonus? I think this would be awesome!

Zapoke
01-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Hey guys, I love the new veteran items, but I have a suggestion to improve it. How about if they added a Roman themed weapon to go with the set which makes a bonus? I think this would be awesome!

Well, there are a few that look Roman. Mostly the d'jinn spears (40's?). :p
Though a vanity weapon would be nice.

Snakespeare
01-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Darn it, someone said it before me! Well, I'll second the motion. The Romans used spears. There's not much more to a spear than a stick with a sharp end. Any old spear in the game will do.

UnholyGoalie
01-20-2012, 04:51 PM
I agree with Zapoke! A roman themed bow or staff would be awesome!

Ebalere
01-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Darn it, someone said it before me! Well, I'll second the motion. The Romans used spears. There's not much more to a spear than a stick with a sharp end. Any old spear in the game will do.

I tried equipping a few spears and some made the vanity shield disappear.

Draopwnzall
01-20-2012, 04:56 PM
@Ebalere, Im having the same problem. I equipped a spear with the Hallow's Shield and the shield dissappeared.

JaytB
01-20-2012, 04:58 PM
I tried equipping a few spears and some made the vanity shield disappear.

Spears not showing vanity shields is a known issue. Some 2h weps pierce through to shield too.

On topic, great suggestion. I'd say a cool wep for people that are there for 1 year should be implemented (that would be me in 8 days LOL) :D

Skeletonlord
01-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Perhaps that is a little minor bug of some kind? It was just released the new gear, so there may be a few bugs.

LwMark
01-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Equip a orcish bow they look awesome with armor an helm...also hate armor new helm an orcish bow!' Dont bite mystyle! Lol

nmyxspaceship
01-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Yeah I like that idea. I also think you guys should make it like the elite armor and make the armor fit the character instead of looking baggy or awkward on birds and mages.

IceCoffie
01-20-2012, 05:51 PM
When did they give out award?

ghost.mw
01-20-2012, 05:57 PM
How about a golden helm fo those who've been playing for 1 year +

ghost.mw
01-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Yeah I like that idea. I also think you guys should make it like the elite armor and make the armor fit the character instead of looking baggy or awkward on birds and mages.
I agree they look like a bears stuff it doesn't look right on mages and specially birds for example the helm looks too bog on a bird.

Lamah
01-20-2012, 06:06 PM
I was thinking it would be pretty awesome to get like a Vanity pet for the year+ vets. Like a sweet lil Trojan horse pet to accompany the vet vanity set.
A vanity weapon would be cool to only if it was per class, no wand wielding mage wants a spear.
1month helm, 3 month Armor, 6 month shield, 1yr Trojan horse pet, 1.5yr Vanity weapon.

SUPAPRODIGY
01-20-2012, 06:17 PM
how about for a one year we get a spear or a sword .:)

Lamah
01-20-2012, 06:40 PM
how about for a one year we get a spear or a sword .:)

What about the mages? No wand or Staff..??

ghost.mw
01-20-2012, 06:42 PM
I was thinking it would be pretty awesome to get like a Vanity pet for the year+ vets. Like a sweet lil Trojan horse pet to accompany the vet vanity set.
A vanity weapon would be cool to only if it was per class, no wand wielding mage wants a spear.
1month helm, 3 month Armor, 6 month shield, 1yr Trojan horse pet, 1.5yr Vanity weapon.
Spears are thrown or a weapon that could be used as a sword (instead a sword) so it's not a magical weapon that fires magical stuff ,what would look pretty awkward

Lowlyspy
01-20-2012, 06:55 PM
*ahem*

Im going to be a bit of a Roman nerd here for a sec. Actually it was the greeks that were known for their use of spears (mainly because of the greek phalanx). The Romans copied pretty much everything they are famous for from the greeks, except their weapons of choice. The Romans are famed for their use of the Roman Spatha, a shortsword with a curve towards the middle of the sword meant for hacking and slashing. Fun fact: even though their swords were designed as the perfect cutting weapons, the romans actually prefered to stab with them, wierd right?

Sorry if I sounded a bit pompous, I am a major ancient greek and roman history buff lol.

Spears are thrown or a weapon that could be used as a sword (instead a sword) so it's not a magical weapon that fires magical stuff ,what would look pretty awkward A magical weapon would look perfect, to stick with the theme of rome then the perfect thing for mages would be the Legion's golden eagles. In roman mythology the Legion's golen eagles were said to be blessed by the gods themselves giving them special powers depending on which god blessed them. I can tell you from what I have read (both roman stories and The Son of Neptune (a Rick Riordan novel)) that the 7th Legion's eagle was blessed by Jupiter giving it the power to fire lightning bolts, I think this would work perfectly for mages.

Whirlzap
01-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Sigh, this is exactly why I could see a reason for STS to not implement Veteran Rewards.
This is already a free game, with free PvP/CTF, and Main Spine.
They finally consented to giving us THREE FREE VANITIES, especially the Armor One, where there currently exists only 3-4 Armor Vanities ingame. To give us a Veteran Weapon, before an Elite Weapon/Platinum Vanity Weapon would be asking for too much. Especially when it comes to a set bonus. If you want a bonus and cool vanities, go earn it by dungeoning to the elite level.
I think the Developers have done great with the Veteran Rewards.
Just we should be happy with what we have so far.

Suentous PO
01-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Personally I'm thinkin it's the perfect opportunity to make the wep a reward for an epic cyber type quest where we have to farm the pieces to craft!
-sue
Ed- I'm toally happy with this cool thing I got, & am not beggin for more but they did ask in a different thread if we had any other ideas, so that's y I suggested.

ghost.mw
01-20-2012, 11:29 PM
I think it definitely should have a set bonus

PL Playa
01-21-2012, 12:00 AM
Btw I took a pic of my disappearing shield, don't comment on my noob gold amount or stats!!! :mad:

XghostzX
01-21-2012, 01:13 AM
Player that have been here for over a year diserve one spear or weapon. :)

TechniShock
01-21-2012, 01:38 AM
A vanity weapon would look awesome, Skeletonlord. Nice suggestion. Though, they don't have a section in the inventory for vanity weapons.

KingFu
01-21-2012, 02:56 PM
I don't see vanity weapons working. Especially in a PvP environment. Let's say the devs give players a spear. Suddenly, you're in PvP and about to fight a mage. You get ready to use your pally combo, then quickly realize that they're int, by the time you try and counter the player as an int mage, you're dead from the nukes given off that weren't expected to be given off by a pally. I for one am against vanity weapons. They will cause lots of confusion. At the time being, the weapon is the only way to determine what spec the player is, and vanity weapons would take that away.

SUPAPRODIGY
01-21-2012, 03:03 PM
I don't see vanity weapons working. Especially in a PvP environment. Let's say the devs give players a spear. Suddenly, you're in PvP and about to fight a mage. You get ready to use your pally combo, then quickly realize that they're int, by the time you try and counter the player as an int mage, you're dead from the nukes given off that weren't expected to be given off by a pally. I for one am against vanity weapons. They will cause lots of confusion. At the time being, the weapon is the only way to determine what spec the player is, and vanity weapons would take that
away.

thats the point trying to get people to fight you but they never know what you are because the vanities override the regular weapons making harder for people to figure what you are. i say yes for vanity weapons.

TheMatrixMan
01-21-2012, 03:08 PM
No set bonus

ghost.mw
01-21-2012, 03:15 PM
No set bonus
don't just say no give a reason

bbt1
01-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Maybe make the weapon a drop from
Last boss of any area so is available to all n if ur lucky enuff to get a small set bonus with the usual stars of a full set

bbt1
01-21-2012, 03:22 PM
And make it a proper weapon not a vanity where the lvl of area n team determine lvl n strength of weapon

TheMatrixMan
01-21-2012, 03:42 PM
No set bonus
Because The only vanities that should give the set bonus is the ones were people have reach the level cap, and everyone will eventually have the veteran vanities. I think it would most definitely be asking for too much just for a vanity bonus.

ghost.mw
01-21-2012, 07:57 PM
No set bonus
Because The only vanities that should give the set bonus is the ones were people have reach the level cap, and everyone will eventually have the veteran vanities. I think it would most definitely be asking for too much just for a vanity bonus.
don't be selfish it's still a vanity set just like the elite vanity + that wouldn't be fair for the new players who didn't get the chance to get it,and they should at least give some status for the veterans vanity set.

,J3lind
01-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Wat bout a big sword :)

maneatingtree
01-22-2012, 07:12 PM
Hmmm i want a cape for 9 months, a spear for 1 year and amini trokan horse for 1.5 years