PDA

View Full Version : Thelordofmage likes to take advantage of ignorance???

Nostero
07-26-2010, 11:44 PM
Ok so I was hanging in town when he comes up to me and sells me a jewel thiefs alien blaster for 100k I whip it out play some maps farm a bit then I realize it isn't that good. So I go back into town and try to sell it for 105k and then people tell me it's a piece of crap blaster worth like 50k. So I hunt thelordofmage down and talk to him about it and he refuses to take it back and so I said take it back for only 90k... That's me giving you 10k. And he says no and refuses to take it back. I just thought I would let people know what kinda person he is and maybe we can post other players who scam as well so we know who to look out for?

Another big scammer is haloxcabier he scammed me for 170 k but oh well anyways post other scanners and maybe talk to thelordofmage for me? So gods luck playing pocket legends and have fun

haroldiv
07-27-2010, 01:28 AM
this is not a scam. its a good lesson. you had the chance to inspect it in the trade window bro. just be glad this didnt happen with your first car or something. people are greedy and mean, gotta watch out.

Jstizar
07-27-2010, 01:37 AM
wasn't really a scam as much as it was a lack of knowledge of the weapons in this game.

FluffNStuff
07-27-2010, 09:45 AM
Ok so I was hanging in town when he comes up to me and sells me a jewel thiefs alien blaster for 100k I whip it out play some maps farm a bit then I realize it isn't that good. So I go back into town and try to sell it for 105k and then people tell me it's a piece of crap blaster worth like 50k. So I hunt thelordofmage down and talk to him about it and he refuses to take it back and so I said take it back for only 90k... That's me giving you 10k. And he says no and refuses to take it back. I just thought I would let people know what kinda person he is and maybe we can post other players who scam as well so we know who to look out for?

Another big scammer is haloxcabier he scammed me for 170 k but oh well anyways post other scanners and maybe talk to thelordofmage for me? So gods luck playing pocket legends and have fun

He probably should have taken it back, but just letting you know all alien blaster suck compared to non alien blaster bows (Scarabs are the best). Alien Blasters are purely a FUN weapon that go PEW PEW PEW and shoot lasers. They are also ~rare~ compared to the other bows. Enjoy your blaster for zapping zombies and get out a real weapon (Scarab Bow or better yet an Osiris Dagger) for serious kills.

Nostero
07-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Well I did inspect it in the window and I offered 80k for it but he said it was worth 100k at it's cheapest so that's what I payed. And yes I realize there are greedy people, I jut have a habit of believing the best about them. And I also know alien blaster are purely fun but I still would like it if I wasn't ripped off.

vulgarstrike
07-27-2010, 11:07 AM
tsk tsk.. nothing big here, just poor weapon evaluation leading to money loss. don't trade with him and ask your friends before making big trades!

Chickdigcookies
07-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Well I did inspect it in the window and I offered 80k for it but he said it was worth 100k at it's cheapest so that's what I payed. And yes I realize there are greedy people, I jut have a habit of believing the best about them. And I also know alien blaster are purely fun but I still would like it if I wasn't ripped off.

Is this the long story? Lol sucks.

I found a lvl 18 pink armor! 18!!!

Kingofthebear
07-27-2010, 01:27 PM
I hate threads like this. Do your homework before you make big purchases; simple as that.

"Another big scammer..." Ugh, it wasn't a scam! I also think it's a red flag that you didn't come to think that the item wasn't that good until other people gave you their opinions. Like, what else were you using to evaluate items? Maybe you should have just read the stats on the weapon before you dropped 100k on it.

Sigh

haroldiv
07-27-2010, 01:28 PM
awesome! post pics or stats!

Royce
07-27-2010, 01:38 PM
FYI, blasters are not just for fun. Sure Scarab Bows are the best, but Blasters are the best high speed ranged weapons. Pharaoh Crossbows have a bit higher damage, but they don't have a proc, and blasters do...

Anyway, the problem here isn't that you paid that much for a blaster, it's that you paid that much for a Jewel Thief item. So you know, in general, Jewel Theif dex pinks and Mastery Int pinks are terrible. There are purples that are better, and even some greens/oranges that are arguably better. Legend Str pinks fall into the same class but are not quite as terrible since they are the only low pink or purple for Str with regen.

Snakespeare
07-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Be glad you learned this lesson in a game. There are real people who will do this to you every day. It is completely legal. Caveat emptor, is what they say, or "buyer beware".

Yardsalez
07-27-2010, 03:42 PM
Holy its me yardsalez you didnt get back on today