PDA

View Full Version : Money making strategies

blitzin
07-27-2010, 04:04 AM
Hey, I currently have a lvl 45 dex bear. But still got lvl 30 weapon and armor! I only got around 18k. I want to save up for isis, thoth, osiris, etc. I only got to Alien Oasis II part 4. Which are the best maps for farming, that are not so extremely difficult that I can do untill I get decent armor. Thanks! :)

IGN: ITeddyBower

Royce
07-27-2010, 07:05 AM
The difficulty of AO2 really cranks up at map 4. The best strategies would be to either get a group to run plasma pyramid with you (it's a long haul but has an excellent droprate, and rush farming is an option but I'm not going to get into all that), or run those earlier maps. The droprate is pretty brutal there but since you can clear them much faster, you will make a lot of gold just by playing. Still, if you're in level 30 gear, probably get to plasma pyramid quick to get yourself some proper equipment.

BeardedBear
07-27-2010, 07:26 AM
Blitzin, if you are are dagger/talon bear, go to AOE2 chapter 1 for dagger/talon drops from boss. You can run right to him and probably clean up with an advanced player with you, or a few friends. Quite an easy farm.

Royce
07-27-2010, 07:44 AM
Blitzin, if you are are dagger/talon bear, go to AOE2 chapter 1 for dagger/talon drops from boss. You can run right to him and probably clean up with an advanced player with you, or a few friends. Quite an easy farm.
Not a bad plan, but also a bit risky. By rushing the boss, you get no gold or junk drops to liquidate, so you're banking on getting that pink from the boss. It is the easiest farm in AO2, but still the droprate is such that you could potentially be at it for hours before getting anything decent.

FluffNStuff
07-27-2010, 09:59 AM

As someone who bought a talon after 100+ runs of chapter 1, I would say start with the Pyramid. Get a group going (joining can be difficult, because you have to be aware of farmed out dungeons) and clear the pyramid a couple times. You should get a handful of decent weapons and some cash. Also, if you are really using L30 gear, use L45 Purple / Green gear. It is going to be much better till you get some pinks.

BeardedBear
07-27-2010, 10:10 AM
I really must have lucked out. When people found out about the drops in AOE2-1 I picked up a thoth talon and horus dagger within 5 runs and never tried again! >.<

I can give you a free pink bow to hold you over for now, Bliztin. My ign is beardedbear.

blitzin
07-27-2010, 03:11 PM
Im currently at PLasma Pyramid but i cant find a group that is willing to farm/run. And if they do we cant make it to the boss without dieing.

Banned
07-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Add me in-game, "Banned" and "Hurt". I have a few items you can have.

blitzin
07-27-2010, 03:20 PM
Alright thanks everyone, items will help I would also like to have more knowledge of farming and actually doing it. SO i can get the items myself. :)