PDA

View Full Version : Proc effect and buff staying after weapon has been switched

Perceval
03-25-2020, 07:24 AM
Is it intentional that the proc of a weapon remains after the weapon has been switched? Its allowing multiple procs to be stacked at once, making e.g. The warrior class completely invincible in pvp at the same time as having the damage output of two rogues. The hotbar promotes this but obviously you wouldn't remove the hotbar. Could you just make it so the proc is removed the instant the item is switched?

Xyv.io
03-25-2020, 07:33 AM
Yes it is intentional

arcanefid
03-25-2020, 07:33 AM
+1.

/11chars.

Edit: If it is intentional, then they should definitely have a second look at that.

reyals
03-25-2020, 08:24 AM
why is it only about weapons? make it general about all gears, not only weaps

PatD
03-25-2020, 08:28 AM
imo this is logical,

if you throw an arrow and switch to your dagger, will the arrow disappear?

If you throw a grenade and switch to your gun, will the grenade disappear?

so it only make sense that if you apply a proc, the proc will act as it is supposed even if you switch gear, well this is my opinion, maybe i'm wrong

arcanefid
03-25-2020, 08:32 AM
imo this is logical,

if you throw an arrow and switch to your dagger, will the arrow disappear?

If you throw a grenade and switch to your gun, will the grenade disappear?

so it only make sense that if you apply a proc, the proc will act as it is supposed even if you switch gear, well this is my opinion, maybe i'm wrong

It's just a game with lots of fantasy and stuff. If such things helps balance PvP, then I would say it's worth going for it, at least in PvP zones.

Futumsh
03-25-2020, 08:43 AM
It's not intentional - will likely change to strip proc buffs when items are unequipped.

Fearrr
03-25-2020, 08:44 AM
Is it intentional that the proc of a weapon remains after the weapon has been switched? Its allowing multiple procs to be stacked at once, making e.g. The warrior class completely invincible in pvp at the same time as having the damage output of two rogues. The hotbar promotes this but obviously you wouldn't remove the hotbar. Could you just make it so the proc is removed the instant the item is switched?

If this is going to effect Pve -1000

The Warrior Class is completely invincible in Pvp? Really... Monkey lol? Sure I been retired since Lvl 71 Cap...But I been following and watching your guys Lvl 76 Pvp Vids(Purge). Now how come I see Tanks dying left and right in these Vids if their so invincible?

Listen I'm not going to get into this because this is not the forum section. Sorry Futu...But... Devs please take into deep consideration how much this will effect Pve and Pvp. How much this is going to ruin Pve by having Procs instant stop after Weps being switched. I'm not even going to get into Weps and etc.

Also Devs please take into consideration every 2-3 Weeks these Rogues come on these forums making these Cry Nerf threads...And I'm not even being funny about this! This is the only class that comes on here complaining to ruin the rest of the classes gaming experience. Like this is seriously getting out of hand!

Lol nvm GG!

Futumsh
03-25-2020, 08:56 AM
We'll see what Cinco wants to do with it, but to me it seems like you shouldn't get continued buffs from something you no longer have equipped.

arcanefid
03-25-2020, 09:08 AM
We'll see what Cinco wants to do with it, but to me it seems like you shouldn't get continued buffs from something you no longer have equipped.

I use Warrior class in game all the time, and this will make warriors way weaker in PvP, but I believe this is a good step forward to balancing stuff. However, although I probably don't know how 80% of the game works, I believe you might have to re-balance PvP a bit more once that "bug" is fixed, since warriors will be significantly weaker in PvP without procs overlapping.

Cinco
03-25-2020, 09:15 AM
The best option is to remove the procs when the associated equipment is removed - so that all classes' opportunity to exploit multiple effect stacks is eliminated.

Other options would be to disallow gear swapping in PVP all together, to add a fixed cooldown period for gear swapping, or to disallow gear swapping while a proc effect is active. All of these also address the issue but I think they'd be a lot less fun.

Marosok
03-25-2020, 09:18 AM
I see, that rogue is unhappy and talking about PvP, but just to be sure:
When you decide to make changes in procs for PvP, donīt touch PvE.

Warriors without proc are just piece of wood in PvE, we will struggle to fight even minions and everything will go back to dark times, when 4x rogue teams were best to play on each harder map. Now, finally after long, long, long, long time i am having a lot of fun with my warrior in PvE. So, please take in consideration PvE aspect, when you can "ruin" (such a bad word) playing experience for every single warrior.
Thanks

Cinco
03-25-2020, 09:20 AM

Warriors without proc are just piece of wood in PvE, we will struggle to fight even minions and everything will go back to dark times, when 4x rogue teams were best to play on each harder map. Now, finally after long, long, long, long time i am having a lot of fun with my warrior in PvE. So, please take in consideration PvE aspect, when you can "ruin" (such a bad word) playing experience for every single warrior.
Thanks

I realize that most respondents will think that this is somehow about classes - but it's not. It is about a system that should either have a static or a dynamic cool-down (or not exist at all in certain contexts). The emergence of a multiple proc strategy for any class is not intended and thus it will be changed.

arcanefid
03-25-2020, 09:20 AM
The best option is to remove the procs when the associated equipment is removed - so that all classes' opportunity to exploit multiple effect stacks is eliminated.

Other options would be to disallow gear swapping in PVP all together, to add a fixed cooldown period for gear swapping, or to disallow gear swapping while a proc effect is active. All of these also address the issue but I think they'd be a lot less fun.

Disallowing or adding heavy cooldowns for gear swaps in PvP would be the best solution. Since PvE we all work together, and getting stronger by swapping gears doesn't hurt any of us, being able to do that doesn't hurt anyone. Furthermore, warriors would be quite bad in PvE if gear swaps wouldn't be allowed.

Marosok
03-25-2020, 09:24 AM
I realize that most respondents will think that this is somehow about classes - but it's not. It is about a system that should either have a static or a dynamic cool-down (or not exist at all in certain contexts). The emergence of a multiple proc strategy for any class is not intended and thus it will be changed.

Allright, i am done. Thank You!

Jakub Endl
03-25-2020, 09:33 AM

Thanks

+1 for Marosok

Rogs are smart if u remove in pvp = u remove in pve too
Rogs if u like warriors multiprocs there is simple solution create ur own warrior if its so OP like u saying and dont cry about it on forum, i play rog from start of AL. And when i saw warriors op procs i create it. U can do it too didnt see any problem (If ure OP rog on pvp u can be OP warrior in pvp too, if no ur only crap). All rog want only farm all in PVP like till now, and now when they are farmed and counting their deaths in pvp they again cry here.
STS messege for u-DONT FORGOT TRY KILL ONE MOB WITH WARRIOR AND ONE WITH ROGUE WITHOUT PROCS (If u dont want try it i will tell u rog=1 combo war=20skills)

So If they cry about PVP as always - DELETE multiprocs in PVP but, Dont touch on PVE (U can check Infested or Hydra LB who is actually most powerfull class in pve, still its Rogs for bosses but they are still crying)
Ty

PatD
03-25-2020, 09:39 AM
So that mean that if i want use dream sword to pull mob, i will have to wait for a cd before get back on my main weapon?? no please, not in PVE at least

Yuunzz
03-25-2020, 09:42 AM

Thanks

+1
It's same for me.
Im not getting fun to play this game before new weap + proc. Rogue is the best class in all map, now war in elite gate just, change pvp proc not pve.

PatD
03-25-2020, 09:43 AM

i just hope you are talking about PVP only? right?

Snowman Is here
03-25-2020, 09:44 AM

I agree with the few others about it badly affecting warriors in pve. Most of us strategize which loadouts to swap to due to their procs, making us more progressive in endgame pve zones. If swapping is an issue mainly for pvp then you should only fix it for pvp.

I suggest not allowing gear swaps in pvp zones until a player is dead or before each match begins. That way it allows for a more strategic gameplay for each player/class in pvp. All in all please do not fix what isn’t broken, thanks.

reyals
03-25-2020, 09:47 AM
lol, whos crying now

Faotblack
03-25-2020, 09:50 AM
-1 on everything for removing the multiproc. What's the matter of having dozer aegis? Dozer aegis is a weapon which is useful only with it's proc. If this get implemented i'll have to say goodbye to AL. And what's that thing with the cooldown?

Futumsh
03-25-2020, 09:55 AM
So that mean that if i want use dream sword to pull mob, i will have to wait for a cd before get back on my main weapon?? no please, not in PVE at least

No - would not affect that sort of thing if we decide to change it, since that's not a buff being supplied by the sword.

Dragoneau
03-25-2020, 09:56 AM

Thanks
Agreed
Warrior with procs made him viable (or more than viable) as damage dealer in PvE. Otherwise It's just a big piece of shield who can't even have fun lmao.
Anyways, rogues & mages still do more damage per second lol, no point to be mad at it xD

Encryptions
03-25-2020, 09:57 AM
This will ruin pve for wars...
Are you kidding me? Why the hell does it always have to be something with the wars. If this takes effect then wars and mages will be trash classes again. Open your eyes, rogs do not combine procs since they have OP as hell damage at all times.
Other classes need multiple weapons at once in order to do damage, you remove this from the game then I can assure you that no war/mage will be used in gates anymore, no war or mage would pass wave 5 in gates.
Combining procs is the only way to figure out an op strategy in this game, do not take our strategies away from us. These cost wars 250-300mil alone in just weapons to be op, do not remove the procs after switching items.
Its strategy, like in pvp ebon sword proc with doz axe proc then proc eb aegis. How do you think warriors got to wave 100+ in temple? They used 5+ procs at once, rogs don't even need procs, they just want to be the top class then cry that their items are so expensive.

This would screw pve up so bad for wars and mages. Wars aren't even considered tanks since some rogs got like 13k hp 9k armor and 7k dmg. In pvp: wars take timr to kill an enemy as a rog can hit me for 7k crit though I have 10k armor.

arcanefid
03-25-2020, 09:59 AM
I mentioned in a previous post that if this happens, then devs should definitely reconsider the balance of classes again, since Rogues would be dominating completely every aspect of the game, and then all these forum celebrities which are mostly unskilled Rogues will be supporting STS and telling how they're doing a great job.

PatD
03-25-2020, 10:02 AM
No - would not affect that sort of thing if we decide to change it, since that's not a buff being supplied by the sword.

Oh thank you for that precision!

Also just want to say that if this is fix with a cooldown it will create a huge problem to those who farm gold if they cannot switch to gold loot set just before boss die.

heelme
03-25-2020, 10:42 AM
Noooo, thats means, my shadoow inf arti become useless on gates #already crying

Strike
03-25-2020, 10:53 AM
So if I use arcane ring (that give stats when kill) the stats will remove when I change to gl sets?

Gaprisha
03-25-2020, 10:55 AM
Hotbar cooldown goes completely against what hotbars were intended for. Especially for pve. Most of us use multiple set at different times in map like bd set, gl set and so on. Cooldown will just kill the mood of it all.
A better way to solve it is just to have hotbars and/or gear swaps disabled in pvp. Thats it. Solves the issue of proc stacking in pvp too.

Cinco
03-25-2020, 10:58 AM
Good feedback.

We can address the issue without affecting PVE.

To fix the problem stated in the OP we will disallow gear swapping in PVP when you are in combat. You will still be able to change load outs in-between fights but you won't be able to quickly swap during combat.

reyals
03-25-2020, 11:02 AM
To fix the problem stated in the OP we will disallow gear swapping in PVP when you are in combat. You will still be able to change load outs in-between fights but you won't be able to quickly swap during combat.

I hope it also about changing gears manually using inventory, not only about loadouts

Futumsh
03-25-2020, 11:07 AM
I hope it also about changing gears manually using inventory, not only about loadouts

It's not specific to loadouts.

Jairus980
03-25-2020, 11:07 AM
Good feedback.

This is the best solution and it will not effect multi proc
Thus you maintain multi proc and balance quick swapping in pvp for proc stacking

arcanefid
03-25-2020, 11:17 AM
Good feedback.

Yeah that sounds great. Now what about those Orc Tag sacks... XD

Perceval
03-25-2020, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the quick response and action. Much appreciated.

Futumsh
03-25-2020, 11:34 AM
Yeah that sounds great. Now what about those Orc Tag sacks... XD

Those are in the next update.

Encryptions
03-25-2020, 11:44 AM
Those are in the next update.Since every one gets what they want can you please add a 999m gold cap? This is one thing that will help alot of players out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Perceval
03-25-2020, 12:37 PM
Since every one gets what they want can you please add a 999m gold cap? This is one thing that will help alot of players out.

A little excessive?

200m or 300m is enough

Pyramid Head
03-25-2020, 12:53 PM
Good arguments but over exaggerated number and scenarios are thrown by warriors on this thread to defend their case.

No, warriors and mages will not be useless if procs are stopped upon gear switch as Futumsh mentioned in his comment. Because procs from weapon and other gear that are equipped will still stack. Level 76 arcane gear is powerfull enough for every class to be OP and be able to solo any map except the elite gates.

I have tested it and devs should test it themselves as well. They should decide based on actual data and numbers. Record the gameplay of players who use this exploit, compare it with the ones who dont and you will see what they are actually afraid of.

arcanefid
03-25-2020, 01:32 PM
Good arguments but over exaggerated number and scenarios are thrown by warriors on this thread to defend their case.

Can you give one example of that?

Encryptions
03-25-2020, 02:02 PM
Level 76 arcane gear is powerfull enough for every class to be OP and be able to solo any map except the elite gates.

So, why do we have a solo lb for elite gates?

gyrm
03-25-2020, 02:20 PM
the warrior's job is to tank and not cause damage... end of conversation, good afternoon.

Enviado de meu SM-A205G usando o Tapatalk

Skolking
03-25-2020, 02:30 PM
I wonder no one is complaining that tanks top the lb in solo elite gates and swamp event, having 5x more pts than rogues and mages. The only thing they know is to complain about Hydra/orrick leaderboard.
Even without changing load outs tanks with 76 arcanes are still the most op class.

Encryptions
03-25-2020, 02:35 PM
I wonder no one is complaining that tanks top the lb in solo elite gates and swamp event, having 5x more pts than rogues and mages.

In swamp temple event wars 5x more pts than rogues and mages???
I remember top rog in the 720k range and top war 810k range. I scored 775000 points in that event...

Idk how 720000 x 5 = 810000.

Cinco
03-25-2020, 02:36 PM
Closing. If anyone has more to say on the subject of stacking gear procs in the PVP context you can feel free to start up another thread or send a message directly to me with your concerns / questions.