PDA

View Full Version : [CONTEST] The Official Arlor Tavern Crawl | WINNERS

Remiem
03-27-2020, 10:13 AM

Wow, Legends! You knocked it out of the tavern on this one! SO many amazing, festive taverns with all kinds of crazy shenanigans happening all over. You're all so creative and it was tough to pick just one winner for each category. But, you've all been waiting so patiently so without further ado...

First, our 2 (now 4!*) randomly selected winners:
*Due to a rules mix-up, there are now 4 randomly selected winners.

In the Solo category, jellybooy (IGN: jellybooy) and Arcanerge (IGN: Ebegeoratie) will win 250 Plat and a St. Patrick's vanity of their choice!
In the Group category, Blakkie, Qweenzy, and Hannalyn as well as Chessaur, Unsleepy, Weenizeva, Yavg will all receive 150 plat each and a St. Patrick's vanity of their choice!

And of course, our bragging rights winners in each category! Congrats to all!

Most Creative: Magecleff (IGN: Sweetmate)

For a stunning presentation, beautifully laid out areas like a lounge and dance floor, and who can ignore that creatively built grand piano front and center?

Most Festive: Group of IGNs Santagato, Exclusive, Avernuzz, Apdate and Fiaridrika

Not only did this group pack as much green as they could into a cozy space, they all dressed to match! Very festive indeed.

Most Luxurious: Itemstore (IGN: itemstore)

Rich wood, luxury furniture, and who can ignore a hot tub of gold. This tavern screams luxury, and we would love to visit.

Best Atmosphere: Group of IGNs Cave, Vaiy, Mystic, Twinka, and Illegaly

Someone in this group must be an interior designer, because we're loving the vibes in here. Great defined spaces, and how about the custom clover floor design? Now that's what we call atmosphere.

Best Staging: Group of IGNs Bioway, Emc, Kubsss, Sxll, Vset

After capturing an elusive leprechaun, these Legends settle in for a celebratory drink!

Honorable Mentions: These posts were so amazing we had to give them a shout too!

Honorable Mention: Most Luxurious
IGNs: Descremado, Yairsg, Xxpepinxx, Rrrussso, Ponchecrema

Honorable Mention: Best Staging
IGN: Avaree

Honorable Mention: Best Staging
IGN: Hannalyn

Honorable Mention: Most Creative
IGN: Hanumanx

Congrats to all winners! And thank you for participating! For winners of prizes, I will reach out to you in the next 24 hours to discuss your prize selections. :)

Magecleff
03-27-2020, 10:16 AM
Wow Thanks!... So happy

Scll
03-27-2020, 10:22 AM
Did the first 2 randomly picked won the prizes or all the mentioned ones?

marsu4u
03-27-2020, 10:23 AM
Well played everyone

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Scll
03-27-2020, 10:24 AM
Nvm my question, gz everyone

PatD
03-27-2020, 10:35 AM
Gzzzz to all participants!!!!! :D

marsu4u
03-27-2020, 10:37 AM
I know this is not likely since I wasn't chosen but anyway I can get a shout-out for my YouTube on Sts's social media

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Itemstore
03-27-2020, 11:02 AM
I was wondering if players who wone in a category would get that category title XD

emc_al
03-27-2020, 11:45 AM
O i thought we could only be in one group ss/one individual ss otherwise we would get disqualified. Gg

Sent from my TRT-L21A using Tapatalk

Cinco
03-27-2020, 11:54 AM
Phenomenal!! Much respect to everyone who participated! Congratulations to all the winners!

YameteSenpai
03-27-2020, 12:15 PM
Congrats!

Sent from my vivo 1817 using Tapatalk

Avaree
03-27-2020, 12:18 PM
gz to all the winners (:

Cocos
03-27-2020, 12:27 PM
No offense to the winners, but the rules were specifically “Each player may submit 1 (one) individual entry and be a part of 1 (one) group entry”, ergo not two groups... so uhm...🤔

Mythocrisis
03-27-2020, 12:38 PM
Gratz to all who won and also to all who participated!

alonehope
03-27-2020, 12:45 PM
Gz to all loved to see that much cool houses :D

Kagome
03-27-2020, 12:46 PM
Congratulations on the winner, I accept my defeat xD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caoalek
03-27-2020, 12:56 PM
Congrats to the winners, some great designs created. But I hate to be that guy however, I thought each person could only be involved in 1 group photo / submission, if so this might need looking at again[emoji4]

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

melysha
03-27-2020, 01:09 PM
yea really not adail why the winner uploaded more than 1 photo, is not that a violation of the rules. please think back to the jury who made the rules

Itemstore
03-27-2020, 01:57 PM
How douse this shout out work XD would be nice for tittle so I can brag aka bragging right with tittle to show XD

Cocos
03-27-2020, 02:00 PM
yes it's really unfair why the winner uploads more than 1 photo, isn't that a violation of the rules. please rethink the judge who made the rules

Yeah, it’s definitely not fair and needs some re-evaluation

arcanefid
03-27-2020, 02:40 PM
No offense to the winners, but the rules were specifically “Each player may submit 1 (one) individual entry and be a part of 1 (one) group entry”, ergo not two groups... so uhm...樂

If you're talking about Hannalyn, you can see that he/she is part of one group pic and one solo pic, I don't see where the rules are broken?

Caoalek
03-27-2020, 02:42 PM
If you're talking about Hannalyn, you can see that he/she is part of one group pic and one solo pic, I don't see where the rules are broken?People are talking about qweenzy, she submitted 2 group photos

emc_al
03-27-2020, 02:42 PM
If you're talking about Hannalyn, you can see that he/she is part of one group pic and one solo pic, I don't see where the rules are broken?Qweenzy is a part of 2 Group screenshots.

arcanefid
03-27-2020, 02:45 PM
Qweenzy is a part of 2 Group screenshots.

People are talking about qweenzy, she submitted 2 group photos

Right, that's definitely not right then. :/

arcanefid
03-27-2020, 02:57 PM
Too bad that we can't edit posts in announcements section. Just give every participant a symbolic gift to make up for the unfair competition. :P

Itemstore
03-27-2020, 03:51 PM
Also just curious could players of event win if they entered a random photo of like a tavern wall

Itemstore
03-27-2020, 04:03 PM
Also I would love to see more house building events hopefully with rewords like maybe titles and a banner maybe in the shape of a house XD to show Somone wins or took part in game

Itemstore
03-27-2020, 04:08 PM
O i thought we could only be in one group ss/one individual ss otherwise we would get disqualified. Gg

I was wondering if players who win in a category would get that category title XD

Sent from my LDN-L01 using Tapatalk

MømøVęliåDęvīlükē61239
03-27-2020, 04:29 PM
Also sts next time call it "The contest only rich players will win"

Remiem
03-27-2020, 05:31 PM
Hey all! Thanks for keeping me honest. For full transparency, if someone appeared in more than one screenshot, only the first was included in the drawing, so they still only got one chance at the prize to keep the odds fair.

I am more than happy to revisit this if you all disagree. :) To keep this thread clean, please PM me if you have any objections.

In the meantime, to make sure all of the rules and guidelines are followed--especially by me--I'll be selecting (randomly) a second individual and group winner and adding them to the top post.

melysha
03-27-2020, 08:14 PM
yea do reassessment...pls

melysha
03-27-2020, 08:26 PM
ign : Hannalyn
doesn't match the theme of not using the pattrick day attribute, can this be said to win?

melysha
03-27-2020, 08:31 PM
The main winner of Ign Jellbooy Solo also does not use the patrick day attribute, this is a home show contest or a patrick day contest ... where the theme is rated

Arcanerge
03-27-2020, 09:12 PM
omg thank you so much :) so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clugan
03-27-2020, 09:56 PM
Why don't I see the rewards of nominations? I think that if these people, who have spent a lot of time and money to make the best possible home do not earn anything in return, they may just **** in the next similar event.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Metatroll
03-27-2020, 10:01 PM
@ Most Creative: Magecleff (IGN: Sweetmate)

@ Best Atmosphere: Group of IGNs Cave, Vaiy, Mystic, Twinka, and Illegaly

@ Honorable Mention: Most Creative
IGN: Hanumanx

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o72FgjXhcXyOVbOWQ/giphy.gif

Very Impressive.

Qweenzy
03-27-2020, 10:32 PM
my tavern was solo, my mistake to mention Call. The guildhall was the group

MagicalTables
03-27-2020, 10:40 PM
Congrats to all winners and honorable mentions!! Everyone did great here!! Thank you for choosing mine as best staging and our guild entry as one of the group winners:")

ManthanPatel
03-28-2020, 12:27 AM
Gzz all

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Qweenzy
03-28-2020, 12:31 AM
Congratz to all the winners. It was a tough job to try and choose just the one. Always tough to keep everyone happy. Thank you STS for the votes :encouragement: Looking forward to more contests, especially now that we are on Lockdown...

Nocturnus
03-28-2020, 12:37 AM
I've seen that you can put a nude dance photo in the hall and win... the winners' houses aren't even creative or expensive... and those who really put in a little creativity only get a silly mention... Ty

Nocturnus
03-28-2020, 12:54 AM
ign : Hannalyn
doesn't match the theme of not using the pattrick day attribute, can this be said to win?

I haven't won anything... just a mention... but if you have trouble understanding the photo, first explain to me how Bloody won the award for best group photo ... or Jelliboy without any item from the event...

Santagato23
03-28-2020, 01:15 AM
Congrats to my house [emoji23]

Faotblack
03-28-2020, 01:20 AM
We (Weenizeva, Unsleepy, Yavg, Chessaur) won or we didn't? I see our ign's are mentioned but there is another ss? Maybe wrong.

Dkuu
03-28-2020, 02:05 AM
Why is kagome/melysha using 2 forum accounts they're both Yesie in game

Itemstore
03-28-2020, 06:15 AM
Is it just the 4 randoms who win something and all rest are honorary mentions like is there a difference between the winners and honorary mentions it would be nice to know

Caoalek
03-28-2020, 06:18 AM
my tavern was solo, my mistake to mention Call. The guildhall was the groupNormally when you find "Everyone queuing up" it would infer that there is multiple people? [emoji4]

arcanefid
03-28-2020, 07:30 AM
my tavern was solo, my mistake to mention Call. The guildhall was the group

Shameless attempt at making it seem a mistake, but whatever.

Thanks to Remiem for trying to make up for the mistake, but I would prefer that those who don't follow the rules be disqualified rather than select a second pair of winners. Anyway, I'm not here to tell you how to do your job or how to organize your events, but this sets a bad precedent for future events, because it just shows that there is no punishment for breaking the rules. In case we break them in the future, it will be double-standards.

arcanefid
03-28-2020, 07:32 AM
Shameless attempt at making it seem a mistake, but whatever.

Thanks to Remiem for trying to make up for the mistake, but I would prefer that those who don't follow the rules be disqualified rather than select a second pair of winners. Anyway, I'm not here to tell you how to do your job or how to organize your events, but this sets a bad precedent for future events, because it just shows that there is no punishment for breaking the rules. In case we break them in the future, it will be double-standards.

In case we break the rules and get disqualified******

Qweenzy
03-28-2020, 07:33 AM
Normally when you find "Everyone queuing up" it would infer that there is multiple people? [emoji4]

if you look closely, all that is lining up are my item display, Call came to visit. The group photo of our guildhall was uploaded by Hannalyn. I didn't know about the contest until she told me about it. She started the decor in our gh and I helped. My submission of my tavern was solo.

emc_al
03-28-2020, 07:34 AM
if you look closely, all that is lining up are my item display, Call came to visit. The group photo of our guildhall was uploaded by Hannalyn. I didn't know about the contest until she told me about it. She started the decor in our gh and I helped. My submission of my tavern was solo.You mentioned
" IGN : Qweenzy & Call"
Does that sound like a solo picture submission?

Scll
03-28-2020, 10:03 AM
Also to devs, this is one the most unfair contest ever done u guys. No offense to those who won but those same guys didn't even fo anything and won plats, and the vanities of ther choices for nothing.

While the people that got a shout out put so much time effort and gold into it, for what ? Bragging rights? Just a shout out? Ik it's too late to change anything but please consider giving the best themed houses some kind of reward, perhaps a recoloured title would be nice. We appreciate all the effort the devs put into everything but this contest is a mess.

Cocos
03-28-2020, 10:17 AM
Also to devs, this is one the most unfair contest ever done u guys. No offense to those who won but those same guys didn't even fo anything and won plats, and the vanities of ther choices for nothing.

While the people that got a shout out put so much time effort and gold into it, for what ? Bragging rights? Just a shout out? Ik it's too late to change anything but please consider giving the best themed houses some kind of reward, perhaps a recoloured title would be nice. We appreciate all the effort the devs put into everything but this contest is a mess.

I could not agree more with this and would be very appreciated, since the rest of us actually followed the rules...

Killerjam
03-28-2020, 11:45 AM
Couldn’t agree more. No point in wasting time and gold just to get a shoutout. Could’ve just posted a random screenshot in tav or gh if the winners would be selected randomly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trixsters
03-28-2020, 03:22 PM
Congrats to all the winners!!

I’m kind of disappointed that winners were picked randomly. In my opinion, you guys should’ve at least had 2 random and 2 of the best picked by sts. All random is kinda pointless and unfair, many of us spent a lot of gold and time designing our tavs. Nevertheless, it was a fun contest. Thanks for hosting it.

Imatank
03-28-2020, 11:56 PM
Congrats and well done to all winners

Remiem
03-29-2020, 03:20 AM
Hi all, I regret to hear that so many of you felt that the contest was not worth doing. I tried to be clear in the rules that platinum would be awarded randomly, and that awards would be just for fun. That way, anyone who participated knew that they were doing so for fun, and possibly plat.

I chose to do it this way because we’ve had feedback in the past worried about us playing favorites or putting monetary value on our subjective opinions of who did best.

However, your feedback is strongly noted and I will definitely take it into consideration for the next contest. Many thanks!

kcok
03-29-2020, 03:31 AM
Hey all! Thanks for keeping me honest. For full transparency, if someone appeared in more than one screenshot, only the first was included in the drawing, so they still only got one chance at the prize to keep the odds fair.

I am more than happy to revisit this if you all disagree. :) To keep this thread clean, please PM me if you have any objections.

In the meantime, to make sure all of the rules and guidelines are followed--especially by me--I'll be selecting (randomly) a second individual and group winner and adding them to the top post.I'm sorry to comment ur post, but can i get permission to pm all member of this group discussion, please.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Nocturnus
03-29-2020, 04:06 AM
Hi all, I regret to hear that so many of you felt that the contest was not worth doing. I tried to be clear in the rules that platinum would be awarded randomly, and that awards would be just for fun. That way, anyone who participated knew that they were doing so for fun, and possibly plat.

I chose to do it this way because we’ve had feedback in the past worried about us playing favorites or putting monetary value on our subjective opinions of who did best.

However, your feedback is strongly noted and I will definitely take it into consideration for the next contest. Many thanks!

and please specify next that it is a lottery and not a decoration contest... Ty

Hexame
03-29-2020, 09:55 AM
Nice Chessboard Hanumanx!! Grats :D

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Itemstore
03-29-2020, 10:10 AM

and please specify next that it is a lottery and not a decoration contest... Ty

Hi all :witless: I think we all made mistakes in this event. Remiem did say at the outset that the plat reword and vanity would be given for random. I personally made the mistake of thinking winning in one of the categories like most creative or most luxurious meant that you would get that tittle in game to display. to show you took part and did the event like most events in game that was a mistake on my part. it was one of the reasons I ran To be honest and I think a lot of players made that assumption as well. in the outset if the players just wanted the plat and vanity reword they could of just posted a pick of a wall or anything to enter into the raffle. The name of the event was deceptive in that part but that being said if everyone new that on the outset I don't think the event would of gone The way it did. There would of been a lot more pictures of random walls and so on and no one would of spent the time and effort to get involved and actual do up there houses. But saying that because it went the way it did we got to see some amazing creativity. I mean guys some of your builds were amazing I was taken away. I often was thinking why didn't I think of that :applause:. So congrats to you all. for future events it would be nice to see prizes like most leaderboreds like tittles banners badges E.T.C. lets not give up on building those amazing houses I hope to see more soon. I may do something for Easter as well :o

Gaprisha
03-29-2020, 01:44 PM

I get the whole randomization keeps it fair without any drama, but a way to work around what just happened is to disqualify those that dont keep up with the theme and randomly select from those who actually followed it. Last time we had a similar contest was during halloween and the same s*** happened for a few. Except not many really complained much about it lol. Nevertheless its sad to see people come up with creative ideas and and win just "bragging rights" thats forgotten 2 days later if not for even less.

Kagome
03-29-2020, 05:11 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200329/770cc46c891f7216f4c82e4c00936245.jpg
Look at me spending 400slots, crating something different from the others. I not acc pt farm from people. Spent a lot time. And i lost [emoji23]
I swear i will never enter the contest again [emoji1325]

Dumatized
03-29-2020, 08:41 PM
Lmao knowing the winners will be randomly awarded is very stupid.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

xpcoolboy
03-29-2020, 11:33 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200329/770cc46c891f7216f4c82e4c00936245.jpg
Look at me spending 400slots, crating something different from the others. I not acc pt farm from people. Spent a lot time. And i lost [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDam thats soo good

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

arcanefid
03-30-2020, 05:46 AM

That's dope, but we knew pretty damn well that winners will be picked randomly. I still think it's better to pick winners randomly because if we decide based on how much we spend, then winning something like 250 Plat will not be worth it.

The only real issue here is not disqualifying those who break the rules. The competition being unfair for those who followed the rules, advantage for those who break the rules.