PDA

View Full Version : Join Alterra Elite!!

Ocakavy
01-22-2012, 10:47 AM
Alterra Elite is recruiting new members. No lvl requirements. We are a friendly bunch. We are new, check us out!
Join our group forums for
Guild news, updates and activities!

Zojak
01-22-2012, 08:26 PM
So basically you copied AEO's name then yes?

Beanmachine
01-22-2012, 08:30 PM
So not cool...

Roc
01-22-2012, 08:41 PM
To be honest (not that I'm lying all the time when I don't say this lol), if you don't follow the forums(and the OP's join date is this month) then a player has no idea which names are taken or not. And even if the name was intentionally a mimic, I wouldn't join a guild because of a name similarity I may-or-may-not be aware of. I would join because the members are the kind of people I want to play with, so I'm going to be optimistic (or naive, I don't care which word is used), and say good luck to this new ("We are new" says the OP) guild with the hope that they recruit members who are legitimately wanting to be with a guild for their members' qualities and not their name. :02.47-tranquillity:

maiohwmai
01-22-2012, 09:13 PM
I will follow Roc's lead and chalk this up to a misunderstanding or some such. I'm sure it was not intentional despite there being a massive 10-page AEO thread just a few spots from where this one was posted.

Best of luck to you and your new guild.

Ebakriki
01-23-2012, 09:22 PM
I would join but I can't :) :banana:

Fallen_Chisk_Angels
02-07-2012, 05:49 AM
To be honest (not that I'm lying all the time when I don't say this lol), if you don't follow the forums(and the OP's join date is this month) then a player has no idea which names are taken or not. And even if the name was intentionally a mimic, I wouldn't join a guild because of a name similarity I may-or-may-not be aware of. I would join because the members are the kind of people I want to play with, so I'm going to be optimistic (or naive, I don't care which word is used), and say good luck to this new ("We are new" says the OP) guild with the hope that they recruit members who are legitimately wanting to be with a guild for their members' qualities and not their name. :02.47-
tranquillity:
Now These are strong words man, this inspired me! Lol