PDA

View Full Version : CS or PC

iFresh
01-22-2012, 02:28 PM
I know others already have this idea. But i was wondering if they plan to make an in game price checker.

Skeletonlord
01-22-2012, 02:38 PM
There isn't an in game price checker, but there is something like that available. If you go to the cs and filter your type (weapon, helm, armor etc), and the maximum level you are searching for, you can see what other players are selling the items for. This should give you the general idea for prices.

Jugernugett
01-22-2012, 05:02 PM
Na the items are based on what the first person who finds.. He could put 1 mil.. Others won't and stuff changes prices all the time.

DanielRH
01-22-2012, 05:16 PM
I tried to make a utility that would do this... but it would require ppl to enter in all their items sold for it to work. It was an unrealistic idea unfortunately... had the whole system rdy to go.

Cahaun
01-22-2012, 05:48 PM
Don't check the cs for accurate price checks. These items are based on the person selling them. Some prices are crazy overpriced. As said once, prices change.

Fusionstrike
01-23-2012, 01:19 AM
Using CS is a reasonable way to check prices when there are enough of the items in stock to get a feel for the "real price". If there's only one or two offered, it's definitely hard to know whether those prices are wacky. For example, endgame pinks tend to have enough in stock these days to get an idea of the market. The ones I've tracked have been remarkably stable, with prices dropping slowly but steadily over time (weeks and months) in a smooth manner, while day-over-day prices have been pretty close to each other.

Darkfader
01-23-2012, 07:23 AM
Using CS is a reasonable way to check prices when there are enough of the items in stock to get a feel for the "real price". If there's only one or two offered, it's definitely hard to know whether those prices are wacky. For example, endgame pinks tend to have enough in stock these days to get an idea of the market. The ones I've tracked have been remarkably stable, with prices dropping slowly but steadily over time (weeks and months) in a smooth manner, while day-over-day prices have been pretty close to each other.

However I know couple players who are playing on market prices. They stock certain items out of cs and then list with various characters to cs with overpriced prices to make it look realistic price for item.

And based on my market experience I have seen this happen pretty many times.