PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye to a good cat

Lowlyspy
01-22-2012, 07:58 PM
In case some of you have been wondering why have been uncharacteristically negative or unresponsive lately i figured i would let you all know that i am going through a serious setback in my life right now. My cat, whom i have had and loved for 6 long years now, has been acting oddly lazy as of late and is refusing to eat. Ordinarily i would take him to the vet but seeing how he is a 23 year old cat it isn't hard to understand that his time in this world may simply be coming to an end. I am having a tough time even writing this thread right now, just in case i seem a bit distant over the next few weeks please understand that im going through some tough stuff right now.

Fao
01-22-2012, 08:19 PM
:0 im so sry! I have a black cat that is only 3 years old, i got her for xmas when she was only 2 weeks old! I hope you and your cat had a wonderful time and I will be praying for you bud!

Delphina
01-22-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm so sorry.... I have 3 cats around the same age. I really dread it when they get older.

Piosidon
01-22-2012, 08:28 PM
I know it must hurt to lose a pet but you can't let that weigh you down buddy

saool
01-22-2012, 08:42 PM
A big rawr for your kitty... ;(

Jugernugett
01-22-2012, 09:37 PM
OMG NO!!! My cat refuses to eat:( shes like been alive since I was 7...... she just sits back on a spot all day.. No meowing... No noises.;/

Kaytar
01-22-2012, 10:39 PM
I got a chihuahua for easter of 08, she already has grey hair and she dislocated her leg jumping from the couch. And she broke her foot when I took her for a walk (somehow a bench fell over just as we were walking by and smashed her poor little foot). Just spend lots of time with your cat maybe it will perk up? :)

SUPAPRODIGY
01-22-2012, 11:09 PM
my cat is old an has one eye an doesnt make noises any more
sorry for your lost it was difficult for me when i lost my dog it took a while to recover but im over it now Its hard losing something that means so much to you. Or seeing someone in pain

Pm If you need anyhelp.

JaytB
01-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Good luck. As a cat lover, and having lost a cat before, I can understand how you feel right now :(

Lowlyspy
01-24-2012, 08:06 PM
After 4 days of refusing to eat I had no other choice than to have him put down. As much as I would have liked to spend as much time with him as possible before he passed naturally I didn't want him to go through the excrutiating pain of starvation.

RIP Socks Bennett
??/??/??-1/24/12 (we adopted him wheb he was 16)
I'll miss you buddy.

Thanks go out to ARG for helping to keep me cheery over the last few days even though I was dreading this day. I truly couldn't ask for a better 2nd family.

EDIT: Oh and i will be having a few drinks in honor of Socks. Just in case I get on PL tonight and sound a little....well hammered, no other word for it xD

Bronxman2012
01-26-2012, 05:59 PM
Lowlyspy, I had two cats, and one died from old age at 24, while the other one had to be put down at 13. My heart goes out to you, and I am sorry for your loss.

Bronxman2012
01-26-2012, 06:07 PM
Let me see if I get this right. I posted something about Man Rules and that was not permitted because it might offend women and children. However, someone posts something sick like this, and it is?

diamonds, you think you are funny, but there are things you should NEVER joke about, and this is one of them. I think we all try to have a good time on here, but when one person is feeling low, you should build that person up, not tear that person down.

That is so uncool what you are doing. I hope you never feel what lowlyspy is feeling, and if you did, I would hope you would have people around more compassionate than you.

Again, lowlyspy, I am sorry for your loss.

osmiumcw
01-26-2012, 06:08 PM
I've lost pets before, and it's really tough. Sorry for your loss bro.

Leli
01-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Really sorry for your loss mate. I know what its like, so i truely hope you feel better

MasterNaora
01-31-2012, 08:53 AM
Im truly sorry for what you are going through. Id like to add that by doing the math your cat was 17 when you got him. So many people overlook adopting older animals and that cat was indeed very lucky to have found you. You are giving him love and a home as long as you possibly can and that is a beautiful thing to do. Stay strong and know that your presence gives him comfort.