PDA

View Full Version : My Suggestions regarding PHAT LEWTS

gsimonds
04-16-2010, 08:49 PM
PL is a great game, and its awesome to see the devs active in the forums and frequently making changes to the game in response to the consumer.

That said, I wanted to offer my suggestions. The heart of this game is about hunting for the best loot. I could care less about story, quests, etc. What keeps me interested in these types of games is being able to get better loot and being better than other people.

Currently, it seems a little too easy to get Pink loot from the new dungeons. It needs to be rare enough so that when one actually flashes on the screen, you get that wonderful feeling. And being rare, its stats should be in their own league, compared to other same level gear. Currently, the pink loot is not that impressive compared to other loot the same level. Also, this pink loot should look a lot cooler than any other gear, so that you can show off. Also, give the ability to inspect others' gear when you select them, and even send a private message.

My ultimate scenario would be this (based on the current formula): Release a new dungeon that allows for 5 new character levels, this dungeon will have 5-7 chapters. Each chapter has 2 sub bosses and 1 big boss. The regular enemies drop white, orange, green and purple, and scale their damage/stats. ONLY the bosses have the possibility to drop the best pink loot, and they drop 1 guaranteed item in the following ratio (orange 70%, green 15%, purple 10%, pink 5%). And every boss would have their own loot table of 4-5 pink items, varied to make each and every boss drop something wanted by all classes. For example, there may be a possible 4-5 pink Warrior helms in all the chapters, each with its own mixed focus (evasion, regen, dps, etc). And give the pink items cool unique names like "Bone Crusher" "Blade of Darkness" "The Sword of Sorrows".

I would gladly offer any assistance in making any part of this dream a reality. This type of formula would keep me, and many many others like me, chomping at the bit for the next installment.

gsimonds
04-16-2010, 08:55 PM
I forgot to add another biggie on my want list... Adding a tab on the menu that allows you to look at each boss, and their loot table, including the ability to see the items stats and how they impact your current gear. That way, I can say, "I'm farming chapter 3, because Behemoth drops a phatty tank helm!!!" I guess that would only work if they implemented a system related to my suggestion :D

Xervitude
04-16-2010, 09:45 PM
I actually kinda approve of something similar to this, if implemented well :)

Flamin
04-16-2010, 10:42 PM
I like the idea that hard bosses should have a higher chance of dropping good items, and over all there should be a 20% drop chance for purple items, and a 10% drop chance for pink items. But for the rest I have a personal fact that I want to tell you. I am a level 25 enchantress and have over 1500 kills and in all that time I have ever, I say ever, even Seen a pink item be dropped. I have only seen just a few purple items be dropped, but none of which I have ever actually gotten the item. So I think that the chance for purple and pink items being dropped should be higher, or maybe there is just a bug with my account or character. And also see my thread about the idea for a need/greed/pass system.

sephirium
04-16-2010, 10:55 PM
I'm level 19 and I just got my first pink sadly it's for a warrior and I'm a chantress ughh

gsimonds
04-17-2010, 12:03 AM
I like the idea that hard bosses should have a higher chance of dropping good items, and over all there should be a 20% drop chance for purple items, and a 10% drop chance for pink items. But for the rest I have a personal fact that I want to tell you. I am a level 25 enchantress and have over 1500 kills and in all that time I have ever, I say ever, even Seen a pink item be dropped. I have only seen just a few purple items be dropped, but none of which I have ever actually gotten the item. So I think that the chance for purple and pink items being dropped should be higher, or maybe there is just a bug with my account or character. And also see my thread about the idea for a need/greed/pass system.

I solo farm the last chapter in the Dark Forest. The mobs are super easy to kill, yet they drop 25-30 loot. I have ran it about 10 times so far, and got 4 lvl 30 pinks, and 6 lvl 30 purples... Thats just way too much imo.

I would embrace a rolling system for loot. Even a need before greed system, where lets say a Crossbow dropped, and a little box pops up showing its stats, and Archers would see a need AND greed button, while the other classes would only see a greed/pass. You would hope that with this basic trading system we will be getting, decent people will hand over good loot that they can't use, but I'm sure that won't always be the case.

Flamin
04-17-2010, 12:22 AM
I solo farm the last chapter in the Dark Forest. The mobs are super easy to kill, yet they drop 25-30 loot. I have ran it about 10 times so far, and got 4 lvl 30 pinks, and 6 lvl 30 purples... Thats just way too much imo.

I would embrace a rolling system for loot. Even a need before greed system, where lets say a Crossbow dropped, and a little box pops up showing its stats, and Archers would see a need AND greed button, while the other classes would only see a greed/pass. You would hope that with this basic trading system we will be getting, decent people will hand over good loot that they can't use, but I'm sure that won't always be the case.
I disagree with this first part, in the last level of the dark dungeon it should stay the same because people like to actually being able to get a pink item wihout spending 80 hours playing the game. But I do agree with the secon part, about need/greed/pass.

gsimonds
04-17-2010, 12:55 AM
I disagree with this first part, in the last level of the dark dungeon it should stay the same because people like to actually being able to get a pink item wihout spending 80 hours playing the game. But I do agree with the secon part, about need/greed/pass.

I would be fine with leaving it the same, provided that the pink loot you get from places like that is not as good as the stuff from the hardest dungeon