View Full Version : Report question for the devs

ZHEOTARE
01-23-2012, 09:25 AM
What information is best when reporting bad language??

When you report a name, you don't have to give additional info. Report a scam, it takes me to my email, and wants as much info as possible. But, when you report bad language, the chat screen opens. I usually just write "view chat log at XX:XXish am/pm est". Does that suffice??

MoarPewPew
01-23-2012, 09:28 AM

When you report a name, you don't have to give additional info. Report a scam, it takes me to my email, and wants as much info as possible. But, when you report bad language, the chat screen opens. I usually just write "view chat log at XX:XXish am/pm est". Does that suffice??

I normally describe the situation in a sentence. But I think you giving the time is a great idea.

plmafiaboss
01-23-2012, 10:09 AM
I Always give a screenshot and a decent sized explanation

Xazic
01-23-2012, 10:12 AM
There is a /reportchat target_name option.

JaytB
01-23-2012, 10:18 AM

I'd say that's enough info for the devs to take proper action. I usually include a screenshot, but since devs have logs of everything, I'm sure it's not a necessity.

NECROREAPER
01-23-2012, 04:10 PM
I usually type out exactly what they said when I make a report

Swimmingstar
01-23-2012, 04:54 PM
I usually do /report [example] [reason]

StompArtist
01-23-2012, 05:00 PM
I usually type out exactly what they said when I make a report

Ok really silly question here but if they swear wouldn't you be self muted for swearing in your report?

Hankomachos
01-23-2012, 05:18 PM
I only send screenshots, because a picture is worth a thousand words. :p

ZHEOTARE
01-23-2012, 05:35 PM
I think there is some confusion. When I hit report language, I get the chat box. There isn't a way to send screenshots. However, if it took me to my email, I could.

I could say what the person said, using exactly what the person said. Then I wouldn't get muted. That does make sense. But with limited characters available, how much info do the devs want to see??

Sadly, no devs have responded yet. Hopefully they will clarify the best info we can all use in the chat box to give them enough info to make their job easier.

PS- I hate emailing in game, because I always get disconnected.

WoundedEagle
01-23-2012, 05:59 PM
I Always give a screenshot and a decent sized explanation

That's only possible in a scam. I hate how the email system doesn't function any longer...