View Full Version : Scamming in AL the legal way

Deathconvict
04-04-2020, 04:46 PM
1 of my friend bought 1 from them.the legal scammer tell his guild then all of them doing the same. Check thier guilds.

Noceur
04-04-2020, 06:05 PM
This is just sad that people do this. Sorry to everyone whos fallen for it.

Deuteronomy
04-04-2020, 06:53 PM
It would be best to start utilizing the blue ("i") button located to the upper left of the item.

The intention of the seller would be hard to prove and it will be difficult to do anything about a buyer's decision making while under the influence of "binge buying".

Ponen
04-04-2020, 11:26 PM
I am feeling the pain from the losses incurred in auction fees

Deathconvict
04-05-2020, 01:24 AM
Deleted the post stating the guild name. If you are master or officer of the guild dont tolerate this guild of action amongs your member. My friend already quit because of losing 14 million gold.

Mythocrisis
04-06-2020, 05:52 AM
Okay this is bad.
But that's why there's two confirmatory buttons given.
It'shis fault that he bought that overpriced item on rush-buying/clicking.
Don't blame ones mistake on the other just for feel of justice sake.
It is a player driven market with extensive freedom,so such things ought to happen, but is ultimately in your hands whether you get scammed or not , entirely by your mistake...
Just like any other thing in the world.
Own up to your mistake.

Agirlnamedbob
04-06-2020, 08:40 AM
Okay this is bad.
But that's why there's two confirmatory buttons given.
It'shis fault that he bought that overpriced item on rush-buying/clicking.
Don't blame ones mistake on the other just for feel of justice sake.
It is a player driven market with extensive freedom,so such things ought to happen, but is ultimately in your hands whether you get scammed or not , entirely by your mistake...
Just like any other thing in the world.
Own up to your mistake.

Yes we can say its their own fault and that they should learn from their mistakes but.. these people aim for this to happen, which imo isnt any different from scamming. (Same goes for people who sell bundles of, lets say 60% xp elixirs for 200k and then put a bunch of single elixir's for the same price.)

I once accidentally bought a tainted armor and helm lvl 66 when i wanted to buy the 71 version. Those are mistakes and i learnt from it. What the above mentioned people do is no different then scamming.

Hope no one falls for this trick anymore.

capeo
04-06-2020, 03:07 PM
I always thought this was gold buying/selling. Even if someone misclicks it wouldn't cover all the fees from listing multiple items.

Encryptions
04-06-2020, 03:13 PM
Always thought this was a "who can list the most expensive egg" competition. I didn't look at this as a scam, but I haven't accidentally bought a wrong item in the auction once and I have bought possibly over 10000 items from the auction. Just triple check everything before you buy and be slow. I really don't think this is a scam but there can be ways to prevent this from happening.
Quick note if I was to do this as a joke and someone accidentally bought my item then I would ss it and pm them to get their gold back. I have listed deary eggs for 10m in auction before for jokes.

Mitsooos
04-06-2020, 03:40 PM
I think everyone can sell whatever wants any price he wants.
If sell it good for him! if not bad for him!
Is everyone responsibility to always see what to buy before push the button.
I never carry much gold with me, and always double check the item that I want to buy.
This person above is not bad peoples. Is just clever from some others.

picklewickles
04-06-2020, 04:11 PM
This thread has inspired me for a new suggestion thread

Sent from my SM-N935K using Tapatalk

Kystone
04-06-2020, 05:04 PM
Use the quantity button to avoid accidentally buying them

Deathconvict
04-06-2020, 09:33 PM
Yeah its his own fault thats why i call it legal scamming we cant do anything about it.i post it to warn others. I pmd him via messenger, he said he dont want to play anymore.hopefully he will be back in ursoth event.