PDA

View Full Version : is it ok to....

CodyBearr
01-23-2012, 07:03 PM
Is it alright to ask a friend that quit (and when I say quit I mean he is for sure done with it and deleted from phone not out of rage but just done with game and when I say friend I mean meet in game but now friends on Facebook & twitter) to ask them for gold or items? I have a good amount of friends that quit and don't ever want to play again since lv cap was 56 and don't even have the game on their phone and all of them have over 3mil on their char, so I wanted to ask them for some stuff because I haven't been having any farming luck or anything to sell and I'm a lv65 (and a half XP) still wearing a 61 set potless grinding my way to 66 but honestly I've never asked for anything and I feel quite strange even trying too although I talk to them as friends on FB but I really need a 65 set which will help me greatly after update to get to the next lv cap wearing a 65 set and not a 61 set... So the reason I am posting this on forums is for FRIENDLY advice on this situation I'm in & how/if I should bum some gold

Well let me know what y'all think :)

Dudjdj
01-23-2012, 07:06 PM
It all depends on how well you know them and friends help friends out so im sure he would be happy to help another friend out.

WarTornBird
01-23-2012, 09:12 PM
I mean honestly I don't see anything wrong with it. I look at it like this, say you like grapefruit and your friend has a grapefruit that he'll never eat, is it so bad to ask for that grapefruit? No I don't think so. Just my opinion :p

CodyBearr
01-23-2012, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the advice guys... I'm gonna shoot one of them a message & hope not to be shot down :)

Duped
01-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Here's a way you could ask: "I know you don't play PL anymore, but I still do faithfully. If you ever have any items or gold you would be willing to send my way, I'd appreciate it. I can't seem to get any good drops lately!"

The ball is in their court, it's not high pressure and if they do, great, if not, it's no big deal.

I recently had someone who used to play very regularly and is a good friend tell me they wanted to give me their gold and items because they were done. I told them I'd take it so long as they knew they could have the gold and items (or whatever value I'd got from them) should they ever decide to return. Id rather have my buddy playing than a few million in gold so I wanted him to know that.

CodyBearr
01-25-2012, 02:57 AM
Here's a way you could ask: "I know you don't play PL anymore, but I still do faithfully. If you ever have any items or gold you would be willing to send my way, I'd appreciate it. I can't seem to get any good drops lately!"

The ball is in their court, it's not high pressure and if they do, great, if not, it's no big deal.

I recently had someone who used to play very regularly and is a good friend tell me they wanted to give me their gold and items because they were done. I told them I'd take it so long as they knew they could have the gold and items (or whatever value I'd got from them) should they ever decide to return. Id rather have my buddy playing than a few million in gold so I wanted him to know that.

Love it! Thank you (and the others aswell) for your help! :-) prefect thing to say!