PDA

View Full Version : you guys ever thought...

razerfingers
01-23-2012, 07:27 PM
That guild size can afftect a players gameplay? So on my bird rebeliousbird i joined fallen angels i nothing bad about the guild a friend is in it people come and go alot chatter quite a bit but the weird thing is that only on that toon i get frame freezes like 150 ping lag. But i go to any other toon and no frame freezing just that one. So i do an expiriment to back up my theory and so i leave guild, no frame freexing for 5mins have friend invite me back, and what do you know frame freezing starts again. So note to guild masters having a really large guild isnt really the way to go i would say friend said theres 3k+ members and 150+ get on at a time so thats alot of people plus the ones thst join and the ones that leave in the day. Anyways im not bashing on the guild jot flaming it just sharing an observation i have made and thanks for reading this if you got this far without saying pshhh hes tripin ;-) lol

Dudjdj
01-23-2012, 07:29 PM
I dont worry about gameplay but overall a bigger guild could be better in the long run for questions or asking for runs or just chatting.

razerfingers
01-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Yeah, i can understand that but its something i noticed from changing toons one without a guild doing same lvl in balefort castle to that toon i get frame freezing on it so i have no idea. Ive cleared cache delted it reinstalled it nothing seems to fix it lol

ItsCas
01-24-2012, 06:16 AM
i guess when i really think about it, it MAYBE could affect game-play. Lets say your guild was huge and talking nonstop or whatever that's just more data you'd have to load right? Tbh it'd depend on your net speed i think I could be wrong. I don't think it'd be real noticeable though

Riccits
01-24-2012, 08:23 AM
That guild size can afftect a players gameplay? So on my bird rebeliousbird i joined fallen angels i nothing bad about the guild a friend is in it people come and go alot chatter quite a bit but the weird thing is that only on that toon i get frame freezes like 150 ping lag. But i go to any other toon and no frame freezing just that one. So i do an expiriment to back up my theory and so i leave guild, no frame freexing for 5mins have friend invite me back, and what do you know frame freezing starts again. So note to guild masters having a really large guild isnt really the way to go i would say friend said theres 3k+ members and 150+ get on at a time so thats alot of people plus the ones thst join and the ones that leave in the day. Anyways im not bashing on the guild jot flaming it just sharing an observation i have made and thanks for reading this if you got this far without saying pshhh hes tripin ;-) lol

ur definetly right.

its not only the guild list but also the friend list. thats why i had big delays in pvp, especially in CTF. since i deleted all on my bird its way better.
will make the further experiment by tempary leaving guild too to see if theres another improve.
i think the app must refresh in background the whole lists somehow, that causes some little but feelable delay.

may some tec dev should post his theorys here too, ty

Econodeath
01-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Hi bud,
Cool discovery!
I got one to I been noticing lately. Maybe you have noticed it as well.
After you enter guild hall if someone follows you through did you ever notice it lags a second
as they enter??? I started noticing it a few weeks ago. Lag then purple triangle marking the
friend that came in behind me....

MasterNaora
01-24-2012, 09:54 AM
Ive noticed the same lag issue when Im on a run. I can always tell when somebody is joining because i get a half-second lag before they appear. Pm's do the same thing to me when im in pvp.

razerfingers
01-24-2012, 10:26 AM
Ive noticed the same lag issue when Im on a run. I can always tell when somebody is joining because i get a half-second lag before they appear. Pm's do the same thing to me when im in pvp.
Yeah same here. Like i have a steady 150-200 ping and someone joins pvp or pve match or fighting a big mob i lag, but with 150 ping i dont think its called lag haha and my friends list is pretty small on because most people dont know its me unless its a personal friend so it has to be large ammmounts of people on in guild at same time

Ebalere
01-25-2012, 03:14 AM

Who remembers when this didnt happen? It didn't always use to lag when people joined.. sometimes you can even "feel" when someone joins in towns.

razerfingers
01-25-2012, 10:26 AM

Who remembers when this didnt happen? It didn't always use to lag when people joined.. sometimes you can even "feel" when someone joins in towns.
Heres a bettter way of explaining. The game skips when people join a dungeon im in pvp match and while getting pm's and playing in the dungeons

Flaorakrisa
01-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Hey guys! As some of you may noticed I'm that guy who is GM of FA and FA2.
First of all sorry that my guild is that big that it causes lags on your phone :) I'm aware of that problem since I had some members telling me that before. But.. to my understanding the key to this issue is hidden in the device you are using (I might be wrong but that's my theory). I'm currently running this game on Google nexus S and I never had any issues with high ping. However, my old Moto Milestone had this problem... especially in PvP upbto the point where my joystick would freeze in I would end up running in one direction for like 10-20 seconds Wich led to instant death :)

Anyways...my point is: why don't we start this topic with telling what device you are using. I think that will really help Devs to quickly find a solution to this problem.
Thanks.

Flaorakrisa - Fallen Angels GM
Kingoffallen - Fallen Angels 2 GM

Swimmingstar
01-25-2012, 04:34 PM
ur definetly right.

its not only the guild list but also the friend list. thats why i had big delays in pvp, especially in CTF. since i deleted all on my bird its way better.
will make the further experiment by tempary leaving guild too to see if theres another improve.
i think the app must refresh in background the whole lists somehow, that causes some little but feelable delay.

may some tec dev should post his theorys here too, ty

I have to sift through 1000s of friends? Does it matter if they are online or not?

razerfingers
01-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Hey guys! As some of you may noticed I'm that guy who is GM of FA and FA2.
First of all sorry that my guild is that big that it causes lags on your phone :) I'm aware of that problem since I had some members telling me that before. But.. to my understanding the key to this issue is hidden in the device you are using (I might be wrong but that's my theory). I'm currently running this game on Google nexus S and I never had any issues with high ping. However, my old Moto Milestone had this problem... especially in PvP upbto the point where my joystick would freeze in I would end up running in one direction for like 10-20 seconds Wich led to instant death :)

Anyways...my point is: why don't we start this topic with telling what device you are using. I think that will really help Devs to quickly find a solution to this problem.
Thanks.

Flaorakrisa - Fallen Angels GM
Kingoffallen - Fallen Angels 2 GM
I dont have high ping. Just the game skips not lag skips like just skips even when i have 150 ping. And im using a pretty new device, only a year old but its the HTC Evo 3-D
@swim, i think it affects you if everyone of your friends logged in at the same time you might notice it and if they stayed on