PDA

View Full Version : Ursan Mage

Snakespeare
07-27-2010, 03:31 PM
OK, so I've been levelling an Ursan Mage and I am up to level 16 (only 5 deaths, too, which is a surprise for me). For skills I have put everything into Stomp and Rage, but I have not spent the skill points for the last few levels because I hope to put the next skill I learn up to a good level quickly. At 18 we get Iron Blood and at 20 we get Hell Scream. I am pretty sure I want both, and I know I can put Iron Blood to 4 the minute I learn it, if I keep holding out...

But the goal is to be able to create my own combos. Maybe an ice staff or wand and Stomp? Any ideas?

My current modus operandi is to shoot them, stomp them back, and keep shooting. It takes a lot of mana.

This is a lot of fun, developing a hybrid from scratch, so don't bother telling me to develop a pure STR bear then re-spec. I'm not listening lalalalalala (finger-in-ears) LOL!

Any ideas on mid level strategies and potential staff/skill combo effects would rock!

Yardsalez
07-27-2010, 03:37 PM
Idk, what you should do is just do what you're doing and ask a friend that is an Ursan Mage. there is not a lot of Ursan mages though so idk that is kind of odd...

Snakespeare
07-27-2010, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I haven't seen many around. It's working for me. Rage increases my crit chance, and with a firebolt staff, the crit is pretty good. Rage also adds points of damage, I am certain of it, although it doesn't say so in the description. And the damage you can do with a level 5 stomp versus the low levels is great. It's too bad they don't show the red damage number for a stomp. I'd like to know if you can get a critical with a stomp, and if Rage increases the chance to have a critical from your Stomp.

But basically, even the kings are my little yo-yos, as I stomp and shoot and get them to chase me until their minions give up... Mid-level as a hybrid is fun. "How dare you?" and "You'll pay for that!" as I laugh like a giddy Lancelot.

======================================
edit: didn't see any need to bump it...

I guess an Ursan mage is a very rare character.

So I saved up my skill points as I approached Iron Blood, and as soon as I got it, I pumped it to 5! Now I am saving again and waiting for Evade to become available. The Iron Blood skill is essential for an Ursan Mage, and I am sure the Evade skill will also be essential. Then I will start developing Hell Scream so I can use it to terrorize when I get a Dark Wand.

So far, I have yet to get a self-combo (weapon/staf procs combo'd with skills) to work. I am certain it is possible.

I am still having a LOT of fun with my Ursan Mage, but my Kills-to-Deaths ratio has dropped below 100. At level 21 I have died 21 times, but have just now reached 2000 kills. I am sure it is because too many of the people I am playing with (randomly) have no concept of strategy. Even when I have pulled the boss out into the hallway, away from his minions, they stay in there fighting minions. Hello? Or the bears go one way and the mages go the other way (usually because the bears are just attacking and go past a room). Is anyone paying any attention to the game? Hello? Teamwork, anyone? Then they get killed and they still don't get it. Well, with careful play I hope to get up to 2100 kill without dying again. *exasperated-sigh*

Furrawn
08-21-2010, 08:45 AM
Snakespeare~
hubby & I both started Ursan mages- but they are below level 10 right now. It's a wickedly fun build...
Could be fun to play three int bears together sometime to see what happens:D

Royce
08-21-2010, 09:02 AM
Dark wand/staff with Nightmare proc, plus Hellscream, equals awesome terror combo ;)

TwinkTastical
08-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Check my guide in pvp disscussion :D?

Kingofhurtz
08-25-2010, 01:46 PM
I happen to be leveling an int bear who is currently lvl 29, but like u, I have been holding skill points until I got to like 35-40, then I was going to start a thread that asked ursan mages to give tips on which skills to increase. Right now I'm using an ice staff. It works alright with combos, but thus far I have found nothing spectacular...
Furrawn, hubby, u and I should all create an elite ursan Mage group :D

Snakespeare
08-25-2010, 05:04 PM
Snakesbear will join, for sure.

Teflon
09-22-2010, 03:15 AM
This is a late entry but I also have an INT Bear that is now at Lvl 32 and slowly climbing. I'm also very interested in where I should put my attribute points and which skills are essential to this xter, especially with the recent 1.4 update. See my signature for the IGN of my INT Bear.

Raxie
09-22-2010, 04:08 AM
int bears are very good for level 29 and under but once you slowly start reaching higher levels, they will die often. btw, i'm only talking about pvp. for skills, max out rage, buff, evade and stomp. also, as most people like to do, max out taunt as it costs no mana to use. also if you want to pvp often, i also suggest maxing out crushing blow and hell scream. beckon is very important but only one point on it is sufficient. now put the remaining skill points into where you want; i would suggest also maxing out restore but that is just my opinion.

Xviperr
10-05-2010, 01:06 PM
With the current skill that goes stat driven, my suggestion is 142int rest str @lv45 using an aoe staff, rotation is ironblood/evade, rage, beckon, hellscreen, use all ur slashes, then end it with stomp.

At lv50 158int rest str, and basically the same rotation.

Why not use ice or dark wands?
No aoe damage= ur skills doesn't dps as much
And that now in the whole game, all race, only ints have AOE item, + ur 300base life, u can take some hits, at 45 ur str would be close to 90 with 142 int to use a AoE Thoth/Isis staff, Thoth/Isis helm, Thoth/Isis robe, 2isis 1thoth and ur good!!! (: I'll most probably respec my current pallyBear into an intBear if I get to find an elite AoE staff

Kingslaya
10-05-2010, 05:19 PM
so when you say AoE staff your talking about the apep sunkiller ones right?

TheLaw
10-06-2010, 12:51 AM
I wanna join The Elite IntBear group :D have a L46 IntBear using a Thoth wand :D

Kingslaya
10-06-2010, 12:53 AM
We Should make a guild of int bears

TheLaw
10-06-2010, 01:34 AM
sounds cool :D

Xviperr
10-06-2010, 03:29 AM
so when you say AoE staff your talking about the apep sunkiller ones right?

Well, there are a few staff with AoE's.
i believe the Staff of Ra, Dark Matter? correct me if im wrong-

vr sure that Apep SunKiller do have AoE

Raxie
10-06-2010, 04:15 AM
from ao2, there are only apep staffs and ra staffs; not dark matter.
i'm not sure which int weapons have from ao3 have aoe, though.

TheLaw
10-06-2010, 04:22 AM
I think the all new AWESOME LOOKING STAFF does AoE damage if not mistaken. Havent seen anyone use it :/
But when your L50 Use Lazer Wand of Cosmos and Gurgox Eye + Mirage Robe and Jacob Helm, stats will be:

100-140 dmg, +44 Int, 12 M/s, 36 M/s. (random calculations)

Xviperr
10-06-2010, 04:54 AM
RAXIE confirmed the following

Lv45 Staff with AoE are:
Apep SunKiller Staff (Isis/Thoth/Osiris/Horus)
Staff of Ra (Dreamer/Isis/Thoth/Osiris/Horus)

and to Add on their Proc properties,
Apep SunKiller (Ice Proc)
Staff of Ra (Fire Proc)

Raxie can u comfirm the proc for me pretty please(:

TheLaw
10-06-2010, 05:04 AM
I think the all new staff: Mirage Staff of Cosmos does aoe (:

Xviperr
10-06-2010, 05:11 AM
I think the all new staff: Mirage Staff of Cosmos does aoe (:

RAwr!! dont think- must confirm else ltr we give wrong info-