PDA

View Full Version : SL kills my battery

harm
01-24-2012, 12:52 AM
Hi guys
Can u ppl help me?
It looks like my battery dies fast then i recently talked to a star guard . He said me to do something and i followed him see the pics and say wht shld i do to save my battery

Nick41324
01-24-2012, 01:00 AM
"battery saver" it's in the second picture.

The Flash
01-24-2012, 01:04 AM
How long have you had your device for and how long does it last?

SUPAPRODIGY
01-24-2012, 01:05 AM
One is your brightness up second are you running other apps at same time Turn off notifications an put airplane mode but turn on wifi hope that helps.

harm
01-24-2012, 01:19 AM
I am asking wether the two pics show good stats for battery saving or not?
And my phone is 10 months old and it lasts like 2 hours if i play SL continuosly (after full charging)

harm
01-24-2012, 01:21 AM
Star guard ( hell charger ) said to keep battery saver full to the right and disable high quality and sound as i did in the pics ... So is it correct?

Swampy
01-24-2012, 01:32 AM
Star guard ( hell charger ) said to keep battery saver full to the right and disable high quality and sound as i did in the pics ... So is it correct?
Yes, your phone is now screaming "I can run SL longer!" :D. *turning off notifications and location services can also help too though*

harm
01-24-2012, 01:47 AM
So the above pics are correct ? To save battery?

harm
01-24-2012, 02:41 AM
Huh

Junside
01-24-2012, 02:47 AM
It's not only SL that kills your battery. That's what others are trying to tell you. What kills your battery the most is your display. You can see that as well as other factors that drain your battery in a battery usage report application or if you have android 2.2.2 or higher, it's in settings under "battery(settings)"

Turning down your brightness on most smartphones significantly increase your battery life, as well as apps running in the background, any notification service, etc.

The Flash
01-24-2012, 03:53 AM
The reason i ask is because I fix cell phone and tablets. 10 month old battery is bad and needs replacing. Also when you charge your phone make sure you dont leave it charging after its fully charged as that expands the battery cells in the battery which isnt good because it makes charging your phone take longer and not last as long(like eating after being full, makes it take longer to get you full the next time and you get hungry more often). Also update your roaming list because if your using a tower to connect to your service thats far when theres one closer it drains your battery more. Also try not to use car charger as it wears out your battery (think of it like junk food, feeds you but is not good for body).

Like those food analogies. Lol

harm
01-24-2012, 04:24 AM
Lol

Fuzzywig
01-29-2012, 01:33 AM
Strange...I suppose SL would drain battery a bit faster than 2D games from all the effects, but it's not like it uses GPS, right?