PDA

View Full Version : before u releas plz make it for ALL apple product (ipod)

faot
01-24-2012, 05:39 PM
:snowman: i started sl the Day it came out for ipod and there was already like lvl 20s so it wasent really fair :trident: hope theres a trident like my snow man lol

Piosidon
01-24-2012, 05:45 PM
In PL, Apple users had it months before android was added

Samhayne
01-25-2012, 02:53 PM
I'm sorry Faot. Given the limitations of releasing beta products on the Apple App Store, we are not likely to pursue a beta phase on that platform. We are unrestricted on the Android Marketplace to release beta apps and we will probably go that route again.

Cahaun
01-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Yea this is where the two platforms butt heads. In PL, Android players were last to get it and Apple users first. In SL, Android players with Verizon had access to the closed beta first and Apple users last. Sounds super fair to me.
We must also remember that a beta game is not just a way to start playing early but to go over it for the devs while giving thoughts and suggestions to twink and fix some things for the full release so that all players can enjoy the game.

octavos
01-25-2012, 03:10 PM
I'm sorry Faot. Given the limitations of releasing beta products on the Apple App Store, we are not likely to pursue a beta phase on that platform. We are unrestricted on the Android Marketplace to release beta apps and we will probably go that route again.

and BAAM!!! the cats out of the bag...yet again thanks sam :D

Cahaun
01-25-2012, 03:11 PM

and BAAM!!! the cats out of the bag...yet again thanks sam :D
Yea he basically hits the nail hard with a sledgehammer with the might of a dev.

ThisGuy0502
01-26-2012, 01:02 AM
Yay android gets the first taste of dl :)

Cahaun
01-26-2012, 05:44 AM
Yay android gets the first taste of dl :)
Yup hopefully we'll have a short closed beta. The community was awesome in the SL closed beta then till the releases. :(

octavos
01-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Yup hopefully we'll have a short closed beta. The community was awesome in the SL closed beta then till the releases. :(

We need to bring ppl together again, just like SL did it, DL will do it again :p

FluffNStuff
01-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Any possible chance of a Chrome beta?

Samhayne
01-26-2012, 11:35 AM

At the end of the day, the game is being designed for mobile. While we will bring it to desktops, we're likely to focus on a mobile beta. Again, no guarantees as to how the beta will shape up.

Feke
01-26-2012, 02:25 PM
So... May I get that .apk? o.O XD

Cahaun
01-26-2012, 02:42 PM

At the end of the day, the game is being designed for mobile. While we will bring it to desktops, we're likely to focus on a mobile beta. Again, no guarantees as to how the beta will shape up.
Wait so it comes out tonight?

Zapoke
01-26-2012, 02:45 PM

No, no... It's a figure of speech..

Cahaun
01-26-2012, 02:58 PM

No, no... It's a figure of speech..
Whew

RedRyder
01-26-2012, 07:55 PM
*thanks Santa Claus for getting my little brother a droid for christmas*

The Flash
01-27-2012, 01:18 AM

Cool Sam hopefully I can get in on the closed beta like I did with SL. Some questions;When is the closed beta? Since its coming out for droid platform 1st will we be able to share plat from either PL or SL? Also hopefully its out before the 2012 olympics.

KingFu
01-27-2012, 01:24 AM

With the beta for Android be released for all Android devices this time? Or only Verizon Android devices?

Cahaun
01-27-2012, 07:24 AM

Cool Sam hopefully I can get in on the closed beta like I did with SL. Some questions;When is the closed beta? Since its coming out for droid platform 1st will we be able to share plat from either PL or SL? Also hopefully its out before the 2012 olympics.
Apple hates the thought of us transfering platinum from game to game. That's why the sharing of platinum was dismissed so that STS could be on Apple products.

Deathpunch
01-28-2012, 09:01 PM
*thanks Santa Claus for getting my little brother a droid for christmas*

As long as your little brothers android has enough horsepower to play it, yes, yay for Santa! What did he get?

Arterra
01-28-2012, 09:30 PM

hope i manage to snatch 3 more beta keys xD

RedRyder
01-29-2012, 12:55 PM
As long as your little brothers android has enough horsepower to play it, yes, yay for Santa! What did he get?

Can't remember. It's around the house some where lol but if it ran pl then it most certainly run DL

Deathpunch
01-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Can't remember. It's around the house some where lol but if it ran pl then it most certainly run DL

I wouldn't bet on that. Somewhere around here one of the devs were saying that the system reqs for DL will be higher than PL or SL.

Here it is:

We haven't announced specific requirements of the game. However, I can say that the art team is turning out some awesome looking stuff that will likely need some good horsepower to run. I don't know that the iPad1 is one of the devices we currently support that might not have enough horsepower. I think devices that fall in the "lack of horsepower" camp are old 2nd generation iPhones and iPod touches, for example.

RedRyder
01-29-2012, 11:26 PM
I wouldn't bet on that. Somewhere around here one of the devs were saying that the system reqs for DL will be higher than PL or SL.

Here it is:

It's a newer phone, so I'm still pretty sure it'll run DL lol.

Deathpunch
01-30-2012, 12:51 AM
It's a newer phone, so I'm still pretty sure it'll run DL lol.

Cool, I hope it does! I think I'm safe for the moment with mine.

Deathsminion
01-30-2012, 02:57 AM
As long as it comes out for ipad 2 some time in the next few months i will be :)

RedRyder
01-30-2012, 09:23 AM
As long as it comes out for ipad 2 some time in the next few months i will be :)

Yea iOS wise I'll be fine. 3 iPhone 4's and 2 iPad 2's in the house lol. My brother has that razr droid or w.e it's called, so it SHOULD run on it right?

Deathpunch
01-30-2012, 10:38 AM
Yea iOS wise I'll be fine. 3 iPhone 4's and 2 iPad 2's in the house lol. My brother has that razr droid or w.e it's called, so it SHOULD run on it right?

Motorola Droid Razr? Yeah, he should be good.

Mothwing
01-30-2012, 03:15 PM
Just an idea, but is it possible to release the full game but only allow access to certain players with the "beta key?" This would give IOS players the ability to access the game early also.

Deathpunch
01-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Just an idea, but is it possible to release the full game but only allow access to certain players with the "beta key?" This would give IOS players the ability to access the game early also.

I think the issue is with Apple and their beta app rules.

RedRyder
01-30-2012, 05:00 PM
To counteract apples beta rules, WoM is doing an open beta by releasing it as an actual app under a different name. But being that they've had a handful of betas already and DL will have just this one, I don't think it's the safest way to go about it. Looks like its going to be just for droids. Maybe they'll do a chrome open beta? I doubt it though..

Mothwing
01-30-2012, 09:08 PM
To counteract apples beta rules, WoM is doing an open beta by releasing it as an actual app under a different name. But being that they've had a handful of betas already and DL will have just this one, I don't think it's the safest way to go about it. Looks like its going to be just for droids. Maybe they'll do a chrome open beta? I doubt it though..

That was sort of my point...release the full game for IOS but still somehow make it beta.

RedRyder
01-30-2012, 09:48 PM
That was sort of my point...release the full game for IOS but still somehow make it beta.

But my point is that World of Midgard is on its 3rd beta, with the fourth secretly being on the apple app store. With all those betas the game should be polished enough to get away with it. DL won't have as many betas, so releasing a beta secretly in the app store isn't favorable. Just wait it out man.

Mothwing
01-30-2012, 10:16 PM
But my point is that World of Midgard is on its 3rd beta, with the fourth secretly being on the apple app store. With all those betas the game should be polished enough to get away with it. DL won't have as many betas, so releasing a beta secretly in the app store isn't favorable. Just wait it out man.

Guess youre right :) Just seems unfair. Then again lifes unfair...

Deathpunch
01-31-2012, 10:34 AM
I hope apple doesn't find out that wom is still in beta and on the appstore. They could remove it and not allow it at all. Ever.

Mothwing
01-31-2012, 12:21 PM
I searched for it but nothings coming up? Im confused...

RedRyder
01-31-2012, 01:38 PM
I searched for it but nothings coming up? Im confused...

It's not up yet, that's why lol.

Mothwing
01-31-2012, 01:49 PM
It's not up yet, that's why lol.

Woooow...xD

Deathpunch
01-31-2012, 02:18 PM
And I doubt it will be in the appstore until it clears beta.

RedRyder
01-31-2012, 03:50 PM
And it will be under the name "faction wars"

Before anyone flames me for revealing this or blowing their spot, it's open information on their forums.

Appleisaac
01-31-2012, 05:18 PM
*sniffle sniffle* im very impatient XD... wait a second... this means that droid users will get vanities that ios players will never be able to get :-/ aw... does this mean the founders gear (if there is any) will only be obtainable thru droid? D': noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Cahaun
01-31-2012, 09:06 PM
*sniffle sniffle* im very impatient XD... wait a second... this means that droid users will get vanities that ios players will never be able to get :-/ aw... does this mean the founders gear (if there is any) will only be obtainable thru droid? D': noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
There won't be any

Lol I wanna comment on this topic but I'm resisting it.

Deathpunch
01-31-2012, 11:26 PM

How so? It didn't happen with SL, what makes you think it will with DL?