PDA

View Full Version : Attack Button Graphic Suggestion

MusicalYoshi (Opold)
07-27-2010, 06:34 PM
I have a suggestion that pertains to the icon on the lower-right side of the screen, the attack button. It is of nothing of much importance. It is just to make the game have more consistency:

When I have a bow equip, I see a graphic of a Bow in the box.
However, when I have a Talon Spike equip, I still see a graphic of a bow.

As I said before, it is unimportant; only for consistency. This could also apply to other class weapons: Wand/Staff Sword/Claymore etc.

I just found it a little annoying because the only relevance between a bow and a throwing knife (Talon) is the fact that they are ranged weapons...

Thanks much.

Royce
07-27-2010, 06:37 PM
I agree completely, and no wonder, Pennsylvanians tend to have the very best ideas ;)

Prest87
07-27-2010, 06:40 PM
I have a suggestion that pertains to the icon on the lower-right side of the screen, the attack button. It is of nothing of much importance. It is just to make the game have more consistency:

When I have a bow equip, I see a graphic of a Bow in the box.
However, when I have a Talon Spike equip, I still see a graphic of a bow.

As I said before, it is unimportant; only for consistency. This could also apply to other class weapons: Wand/Staff Sword/Claymore etc.

I just found it a little annoying because the only relevance between a bow and a throwing knife (Talon) is the fact that they are ranged weapons...

Thanks much.

I think this whould be a cool idea but this won't be soon because of how busy the devs r. Also as u say it's not too important.

MusicalYoshi (Opold)
07-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Lol rejoice! ^^

Yes I know. My goal is to make them aware, thats all.

(I'm surprised to have 2 replies in 5 minutes!)

Royce
07-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Hmmm I just realized there is some variation. For instance, if a warrior equips an axe, the button changes to an axe, but for all other weapons it is a sword, including stuff like spears. So are there only four buttons (sword, axe, staff, bow), and if so why 2 for warriors, and only 1 for other classses?

MusicalYoshi (Opold)
07-27-2010, 06:48 PM
So are there only four buttons (sword, axe, staff, bow), and if so why 2 for warriors, and only 1 for other classses?

That proves it.
It's an inconsistency and should be changed!

Prest87
07-27-2010, 06:49 PM
That proves it.
It's an inconsistency and should be changed!

Ya and it won't be tough to change.

bmc85uk
07-27-2010, 06:55 PM
Does it relate directly to the item icon? If not then it probably should.

I've never really paid much attention in all honesty :o

MusicalYoshi (Opold)
07-27-2010, 06:57 PM
won't be tough to change

It is merely small digital artwork additions.
If the developers decide to take this on, it shouldn't be too burdening... I'd hope.

Kurlz
07-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Hmmm I just realized there is some variation. For instance, if a warrior equips an axe, the button changes to an axe, but for all other weapons it is a sword, including stuff like spears. So are there only four buttons (sword, axe, staff, bow), and if so why 2 for warriors, and only 1 for other classses?

actually theres five, and three are for warriors, if you equip a club type weapon, the attack button becomes a baseball bat...lol

Snakespeare
07-29-2010, 12:16 PM
That means that the functionality exists already in the software and in the db, but it's a low level want that requires some graphic design time and they must be busy on the newer graphical projects like adding towns, finishing AO3. And before that they needed those members of the team to make hats and armor. I seem to remember reading that all of this is done by eight people. I think that's amazing. Not sure you can do all that these guys have done with only 8 people times 40 hours a week, so I bet they take too much work home.

So anyway, if the functionality exists, it's in the pipeline. It's only a matter of priorities.

MusicalYoshi (Opold)
07-29-2010, 08:40 PM
How bout it.

pvpmaster
07-29-2010, 10:56 PM
because str is dah dominate race :0 its racist for the archers and mages to hve only one icon :)

MusicalYoshi (Opold)
07-30-2010, 11:34 AM
because str is dah dominate race

lol strength is no race but it is true...