PDA

View Full Version : Confused about these 2 weapons.

Deathlyreaper
04-12-2020, 01:43 AM
Ok so I looked in Auc tried to compare my stats with Duggar bow and Ebon daggers and I noticed something odd. The bow only had 8 more dex than the dagger and yet the dmg difference is more than 200. Why is that? There isn’t anything in the awakes that would affect this so I’m confused as to where the extra 200 dmg in Duggar bow is coming from?
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200412/af1fd2cb52f9e29e0eabd299631d6500.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200412/0f421a5ca23a6a31bb29b777697a3f2e.jpg

Syaxyy
04-12-2020, 01:54 AM
Ok so I looked in Auc tried to compare my stats with Duggar bow and Ebon daggers and I noticed something odd. The bow only had 8 more dex than the dagger and yet the dmg difference is more than 200. Why is that? There isn’t anything in the awakes that would affect this so I’m confused as to where the extra 200 dmg in Duggar bow is coming from?
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200412/af1fd2cb52f9e29e0eabd299631d6500.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200412/0f421a5ca23a6a31bb29b777697a3f2e.jpgIt has 1% more to all, it has 0.5% more dex and it has 7 more dex and 7 more int. Remember that int also gives damage for rogues ;) And if you compare dugg bow without awake and ebon daggs without awake then you see dugg bow has more damage. That's why.

Sent fra min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Deathlyreaper
04-12-2020, 02:41 AM
It has 1% more to all, it has 0.5% more dex and it has 7 more dex and 7 more int. Remember that int also gives damage for rogues ;) And if you compare dugg bow without awake and ebon daggs without awake then you see dugg bow has more damage. That's why.

Bro those dex and int are already shown in the calculations( that’s why i said only 8 more dex). At the end of the day the bow has 8 more dex and a few more int and I know that isn’t enough to create a 200 dmg difference ( I have 71 arcane ring and belt and through their procs I was able to see how much dmg each dex and int gives).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Syaxyy
04-12-2020, 02:47 AM
Bro those dex and int are already shown in the calculations( that’s why i said only 8 more dex). At the end of the day the bow has 8 more dex and a few more int and I know that isn’t enough to create a 200 dmg difference ( I have 71 arcane ring and belt and through their procs I was able to see how much dmg each dex and int gives).

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHumm, I don't get your calculations. If you have 2k dex for example just the 0.5% dex more is 10dex more + the 7dex difference. +7int + a few more from the %to all. Have you looked at dugg bow clean awake compared to ebon daggs clean awake. So you can see that dugg bow even clean has more damage than ebon daggs. It's about the dps on both weps. Not about int/dex difference.

Deathlyreaper
04-12-2020, 02:54 AM
Humm, I don't get your calculations. If you have 2k dex for example just the 0.5% dex more is 10dex more + the 7dex difference. +7int + a few more from the %to all. Have you looked at dugg bow clean awake compared to ebon daggs clean awake. So you can see that dugg bow even clean has more damage than ebon daggs. It's about the dps on both weps. Not about int/dex difference.

these aren’t my calculation, these are sts. Keep in mind that the dex that is shown in the picture isn’t my base dex. I have other % dex too. When u click on preview sts takes into account the stat awakes and does the calculations for you. And I haven’t had a chance to compare the clean version because I haven’t seen a clean version of both in auc at the same time.

Xyv.io
04-12-2020, 04:11 AM
Dude. Simple. Duggar bow has +200 base damage than ebon daggers if you compare clean weaps. The awakes are almost equal here smh

Deathlyreaper
04-12-2020, 08:16 AM
Dude. Simple. Duggar bow has +200 base damage than ebon daggers if you compare clean weaps. The awakes are almost equal here smh

No need to be condescending. I am simply wondering because this whole time I thought that everything that weapons and equips give are on their stats page. If what u said is true then it begs the question as to why this dmg isn’t mentioned in the stats of the items. Also, are there hidden base damages in other equipments or is this just a bug in the display of the items.

Bluehazee
04-12-2020, 08:53 AM
Take clean ebon bow and ebon daggers and compare raw stats in weapon (45str - 80dex - 30int). You will see that are same except armor and dps. Same with clean duggar bow and duggar daggers (52str - 87dex - 37int - 7.5%crit)
The difference you see on your stats window is due to dps. You shouldn't even compare a lvl71 weapon vs lvl76, not to mention a bow vs daggers...

Deathlyreaper
04-12-2020, 09:08 AM
Take clean ebon bow and ebon daggers and compare raw stats in weapon (45str - 80dex - 30int). You will see that are same except armor and dps. Same with clean duggar bow and duggar daggers (52str - 87dex - 37int - 7.5%crit)
The difference you see on your stats window is due to dps. You shouldn't even compare a lvl71 weapon vs lvl76, not to mention a bow vs daggers...

Well I thought that at first but the ebon daggers has more dps than Duggar bow (close to 300 more dps), so why does the Duggar bow do significantly more dmg?

And daggers are usually stronger in dmg than bow anyway so an ebon dagger with more dps and a little less stat being significantly weaker is confusing.

And the lvls shouldn’t really matter since we are talking about stats...unless the lvl is the hidden stat lol

Slatt
04-13-2020, 01:04 PM
Duggar bow has 7 Dex more base stat comparing to ebon blades. That makes the difference in damage.

Deathlyreaper
04-13-2020, 03:50 PM
Duggar bow has 7 Dex more base stat comparing to ebon blades. That makes the difference in damage.

So base stat and added stat are weighted differently? Any Devs able to clear this up?

Deathlyreaper
04-13-2020, 04:03 PM
Here is another comparison. I took out all my equipments to make sure nothing interferes. I don’t have pets or any elixirs either except for 15% permanent xp. I am showing the awakes so that y’all can see that neither weapon has a dmg awake or dmg% awake which would interfere with the preview. The str and int that both weapons give are the same but only the dex is different. Notice how even though the ebon blade has more dps and more dex it still gives less dmg than the Duggar bow.
Now in this case the dmg difference is minuscule but once I have the rest of my equipments,pets, and elixirs the dmg difference rises by a lot.

If any Devs would explain why this is the case the bow gives more dmg that would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200413/0d3474e3e0b5e39f86949feb3d46b6b1.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200413/c6cda1dd4d9174b877779ab5c789116c.jpg

reyals
04-13-2020, 04:24 PM
idk whats problem here, base damage of weapon + its attack speed included in DPS stat (in decription of weap stats)

Staaarlord
04-13-2020, 05:15 PM
Bow has slower "attack speed" than daggers so if u read 930dps on ebon daggers its because u can hit faster and deal more damage per second with less "damage" in your stats so u cant directly compare dps in descriptions

I dont know excact comparison between attack speeds of wpns but lets say bow makes 1hit/s and dags do 2hits/s, so if u have 650dps on bow that means u also have 650dmg on it and if dags have 930dps it means they have 465dmg ((930dmg/s)/(2hit/s)) which means bow will actually give u 185 more damage to stats

All these calculations r made while disregarding other stats and i probably didnt use real attack speed but i hope u understood the concept

Sent from my Samsung Smart Fridge using Tapatalk

Deathlyreaper
04-13-2020, 05:44 PM
Bow has slower "attack speed" than daggers so if u read 930dps on ebon daggers its because u can hit faster and deal more damage per second with less "damage" in your stats so u cant directly compare dps in descriptions

I dont know excact comparison between attack speeds of wpns but lets say bow makes 1hit/s and dags do 2hits/s, so if u have 650dps on bow that means u also have 650dmg on it and if dags have 930dps it means they have 465dmg ((930dmg/s)/(2hit/s)) which means bow will actually give u 185 more damage to stats

All these calculations r made while disregarding other stats and i probably didnt use real attack speed but i hope u understood the concept

So what ur saying is that the “attack speed” of weapons directly affects the damage stat? That’s concerning because it’s the damage stat that directly affects skill damage. If what ur saying is true then 2 different kinds of weapons with the same stats and dps wouldn’t increase ur skill damage by the same amount just because they have different “attack speeds”.

Staaarlord
04-13-2020, 05:51 PM
U r reading the dps stats, u dont see directly dmg stats that wpn gives
Its not concerning bcs u compared 2 wpns of different lvl, if u compare any bow and dags of same lvl and rarity u will see that dags give higher dmg (if u want to have that for your skills)
Also bow is suposed to be used for when u want single target dmg like when killing bosses, they provide range and usually better single target proc which should compensate for lower dmg

ofzeuz
04-13-2020, 10:06 PM
Buy duggar

Enviado de meu Redmi 7 usando o Tapatalk