PDA

View Full Version : An in game Price Checker?

Skeletonlord
01-25-2012, 12:59 PM
I think this may of been suggested, but I think there should be a price checker in game. You could use the cs for prices, but people may just put up prices not knowing official price.
So why not there be a in game price checker which you can choose a level, type(weapon,helm,armor), and the name of item.
It will show matches of the item's price straight officallly so you know how much to sell for?
Thoughts?

Lowlyspy
01-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Theres no official price of an item, all prices that items have are decided by what the players are willing to buy and sell them for. An interesting idea but it won't work.

Plaguemaw
01-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Just an idea, maybe it could go on the average price of said item for the current week or 3 days

Average price based on cs listings

Nick41324
01-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Just an idea, maybe it could go on the average price of said item for the current week or 3 days

Average price based on cs listings
how would the system get a average price for a item? Arti L15 went from 350k to 1.5m in one day. There is no way to actually get a good/stable price on a item.

Elyseon
01-25-2012, 03:24 PM
Prices change way too much for this ever to work, good concept, but sadly wouldnt work well

plmafiaboss
01-25-2012, 03:34 PM
There is no official price. Things r either cheap or expensive. Supply and demand

Rare
01-25-2012, 03:40 PM
I think this may of been suggested, but I think there should be a price checker in game. You could use the cs for prices, but people may just put up prices not knowing official price.
So why not there be a in game price checker which you can choose a level, type(weapon,helm,armor), and the name of item.
It will show matches of the item's price straight officallly so you know how much to sell for?
Thoughts?

In addition to what others said... there are just too many items in game for STS to keep track of prices for the last x days for every single one.

elrond
01-25-2012, 03:46 PM
I suggested something similar, but just a lookup button in cs. Select an item you own and click lookup and it searches the exact match for you. Then you see the current CS prices.

Paar
01-25-2012, 03:48 PM
I like the idea? The checker could be programmed to change value for ex the highest price and lowest of an Item in cs like for Expert 15 You said 350k to 1.5 mill you could make that the price till that 350k one is expired and the price goes up.

elrond
01-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Yes, it would just show the current cs listings

drewcapu
01-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Just sell at liquidation price.

That price is official.

!!!

FluffNStuff
01-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Biggest problem with this is that it could be easily be exploited, by selling an item to yourself a couple times for a high price, then listing it.

XghostzX
01-25-2012, 04:56 PM
As stated above, this game with items is purely supply and demand. There wouldn't be the merchants out there otherwise. I think the game is interesting like this, giving a chance for ourselves to set the prices.

XghostzX
01-25-2012, 04:57 PM
As stated above, this game with items is purely supply and demand. There wouldn't be the merchants out there otherwise. I think the game is interesting like this, giving a chance for ourselves to set the prices.

INSTEAD: I think there should be a price checker to give you the current average of an item that you look up (along with it's level) and base it's price from the CS. If it's not in the CS, there would be no data for the item. Even though people always go for the lowest prices, it would be nice to have an average price currently you can find so you can save up that amount of gold.

elrond
01-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Well the average price can get a bit skewed. Just imagine someone gets an item and looks in cs and there are none and lists it for 250,000 it is still listed and someone who knows the actual value comes in and lists one for 10,000. Your average price in cs is now 130,000 for an item with a known selling range of around 10,000. I think just showing the current cs listings for an item would be enough.

It would be nice to be able to do this from anywhere, but if you have to go to the cs to price check that would be OK.

JTZ
01-28-2012, 10:58 PM
I wouldn't like this at all...because prices change very quick and it makes it feel more like real life. :D