PDA

View Full Version : Rudeness on the rise...

Pandamoni
01-25-2012, 04:05 PM
I've been pugging lately and I am often shocked by how rude people are to mages lately. It had gotten better around sewer times probably because it took so long between campaigns that you got to do tons of runs with a lot of the same faces. That said, I don't want to just rant but would like to point out a few things:

1) if you die and I'm fighting, shouting "WTH! Rez!" within a split second of dying won't make me come revive you any faster.

2) if you are running ahead of the group or out running into random rooms and you die I will not leave the group to go find you. Stick with the group.

3) shouting heal at me won't make my skill recharge any faster. There is a cool down period on heal. If it comes between me spamming health pots so I won't die and healing you, I'll keep myself alive then heal you. Health pots exist for a reason. Yes, I heal. No, that is not the only thing I do.

4) if you are rude to me and curse at me I will not ressurect you if you die. Petty? Sure. But I'm not your mommy who puts up with your rudeness. Sorry, not gonna happen.

And this isnt that big of a deal but why in the world do so many people just lay there if we both die? I'll Respawn at the entrance if I'm the only mage. It just makes me scratch my head that so many peoPle will lay there dead waiting for me to get there and resurrect them.

Okay, I feel better. Pugging is definitely taking its toll.

MimeRifle
01-25-2012, 04:24 PM
Gee Pandie - how do you really feel?? hehe... :smiley_simmons:

Paar
01-25-2012, 04:28 PM
You tell em! Pandamoni FTW!!!

CodyBearr
01-25-2012, 04:40 PM
This has always been a problem & always will be... Best thing is to know you do your job... I spam heal every game even when not needed and always rev but I still get players who die and can't believe it go off on a Mage, so my best advice is pay them no mind and if they are very rude then mute & report... I had a guy that was in custom 65 and was a Mage died 6 times in crypt and went off on me everytime he died although I healed and rez'ed him... I just told him try staying with group and not running off & going off on your team... Then mute & report (because of what he said)

StompArtist
01-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Just do the same to them. Start saying "aggro, taunt, root"!

XghostzX
01-25-2012, 04:59 PM
It's always the mages complaining about our class >.< Next time, I'm going to yell at a bird for not killing the monsters quicker or at a bear for not tanking properly.

But sometimes you need to just deal with it. It's a game, have fun and do your part :)

Bronxman2012
01-25-2012, 05:06 PM
Rudeness on the Rise - this sounds like the name of a title of a cool song.

MimeRifle
01-25-2012, 05:09 PM
"I see a rudeness a-risin'....."

Bronxman2012
01-25-2012, 05:11 PM
I was thinking of the tune from Riders on the Storm (the Doors)

Pandamoni
01-25-2012, 05:15 PM

This is what I used to do before I got pregnant and became all hormonal and stuff! I'm telling you, I feel like screaming, "who raised you? Wolves?" (because we all know it couldn't be the civilized squirrel)

Pandamoni
01-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Gee Pandie - how do you really feel?? hehe... :smiley_simmons:

Hormones! I'm telling you, I'm a lunatic lately!

Bronxman2012
01-25-2012, 05:21 PM
I hear you about the hormones. Like, for me, I have this big booger in my nose. It's solid. I try to pick it, but it is stuck to the nosehairs. If I pull it, I yank out the nosehairs. What do I do?

Pandamoni
01-25-2012, 05:28 PM
I hear you about the hormones. Like, for me, I have this big booger in my nose. It's solid. I try to pick it, but it is stuck to the nosehairs. If I pull it, I yank out the nosehairs. What do I do?

I hate to break it to you but that isn't hormone related. Although, if I was there and you yanked it and made your nose bleed I could heal you...if you were polite

Bronxman2012
01-25-2012, 05:29 PM
There is no worries about the bleeding, being worried is in violation of M.R.

maiohwmai
01-25-2012, 05:30 PM
Tell them you don't have that skill.

Bronxman2012
01-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Admitting you are unskilled is in violation of M.R.

superme
01-25-2012, 11:13 PM
Do we rly have 2 talk about boogers lol.

saool
01-26-2012, 12:01 AM
It's always the mages complaining about our class >.< Next time, I'm going to yell at a bird for not killing the monsters quicker or at a bear for not tanking properly.

But sometimes you need to just deal with it. It's a game, have fun and do your part :)

I second the motion! :)

WhoIsThis
01-26-2012, 12:22 AM
The big problem here is that as an MMO gets more and more popular (well, at least more mature; popular I am not more sure; a good test is the number of active players at any time point), the quality of player that comes in also declines. The forums are also a reflection of that - a higher percentage of posts end up as troll posts or people who in some cases appear to have failed English class.

I have a theory that as a game gets more mature, the amount of good players is either relatively fixed or rises at a much slower rate than the growth in number of players. So percentage-wise, as a game gets more mature, you'll get a higher percentage of bad experiences. Plus many of the good players leave at some point, either due to boredom, frustration, or just life. The PvP forums are a good example ... there are more complaints than ever before about rushers.

XghostzX
01-26-2012, 07:58 AM
The big problem here is that as an MMO gets more and more popular (well, at least more mature; popular I am not more sure; a good test is the number of active players at any time point), the quality of player that comes in also declines. The forums are also a reflection of that - a higher percentage of posts end up as troll posts or people who in some cases appear to have failed English class.

I have a theory that as a game gets more mature, the amount of good players is either relatively fixed or rises at a much slower rate than the growth in number of players. So percentage-wise, as a game gets more mature, you'll get a higher percentage of bad experiences. Plus many of the good players leave at some point, either due to boredom, frustration, or just life. The PvP forums are a good example ... there are more complaints than ever before about rushers.

Words as wisdom, as always elf!

CrimsonTider
01-26-2012, 08:43 AM

A directionally challenged lunatic at that!! Hehe :)

And if we are naming songs... Panda's is Fre..... oh, I just can't do it!!! LOL

Riccits
01-26-2012, 08:49 AM
1) if you die and I'm fighting, shouting "WTH! Rez!" within a split second of dying won't make me come revive you any faster.

especially funny when no mage in game.. and the guy wont stop request a rev....

MightyMicah
01-26-2012, 09:15 AM
This thread is crackin' me up. I'm in agreement with it's original purpose. I'll never forget this one bear rage leaving the room because "WE LET HIM DIE!!" LOL as long as mages are trying their best, that's alright with me ;)

Econodeath
01-26-2012, 09:18 AM
I second the motion! :)

Here here number 3 on the motion!!
Woooot wooooot

Cahaun
01-26-2012, 09:21 AM

especially funny when no mage in game.. and the guy wont stop request a rev....
LOL This kind of stuff happens in SL also.
So we were in Vularia and a com kicks a mine and I was right behind him healing the group so I died as the only engie. Not suprisingly he dies because he rushes the mobs and asked "medic?" I say "You killed the doc. On my way" at least we all had a laugh. :)

joeythewise
01-26-2012, 09:25 AM
yeah ive noticed it too i have 4 toons my main being 65 mage with vampyr dex set (longbow) im constantly buffing and spamming health and ppl think its not enough and im constantly getting people demanding that i hand over my vanity helm, armor, and shield (the spartain stuff)

LADYHADASSA
01-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Lol lol, this is an issue that has been existance since the beginning, things got better then like was stated the game grows, and maturity in game matches the demand and attitudes of some players as we begin to contend with the i me my thought process of our nations majority if youth.

I often respond just as you have, if i am running a game and the rez! Rez starts before the twink hits the floor and th player refuses guidance i will somtimes boot, to reserve the fun aspect of the game. If players wont rez themselves when all die the same rule applies, and if a player messages me to use plat because its my job, this is grounds for ignore list and a good swift boot to the door. Ignore makes life peacful without having to listen to the pm messages of ignorance any further.

MimeRifle
01-26-2012, 11:33 AM
.... and if a player messages me to use plat because its my job, this is grounds for ignore list and a good swift boot to the door. Ignore makes life peacful without having to listen to the pm messages of ignorance any further.

Wow! That is really bold. I am typically polite almost to a fault (I don't know if anyone can be *too* polite), but I would definitely hit Ignore on that one as well. Probably right after saying something like "Really?!?". This one surprised me.

Duped
01-26-2012, 06:54 PM

Is that why you'd then spam the phrases: "Spam taunt!" "Beckon" "Tank" at a bear who is doing just that just the other day? Is that also why you would fail to bask in the great tankiness of said bear?

My solution hasn't been a great one, I just get about 2 other friends and try to filter through the dead weight until we can get 2 other decent people when I play, or the other solution, I spend my time chatting rather than actually playing. Dipping into the PUG pool is always a mixed bag at best.

Oh, lastly, you should be honest about the healing thing, I know you don't really do it much so... HEAL!!!

Pandamoni
01-26-2012, 10:08 PM
A directionally challenged lunatic at that!! Hehe :)

And if we are naming songs... Panda's is Fre..... oh, I just can't do it!!! LOL

*shakes fist menacingly at Crim!*

Pandamoni
01-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Is that why you'd then spam the phrases: "Spam taunt!" "Beckon" "Tank" at a bear who is doing just that just the other day? Is that also why you would fail to bask in the great tankiness of said bear?

Oh, lastly, you should be honest about the healing thing, I know you don't really do it much so... HEAL!!!

I did that because you're so fun to tease! And we all know I'm awesome even if I'm not a heal bot :D

StompArtist
01-26-2012, 10:19 PM
I did that because you're so fun to tease! And we all know I'm awesome even if I'm not a heal bot :D

You did it! Awesome! LOL

Conradin
01-26-2012, 10:19 PM
Can someone say: Elixir gens?

LADYHADASSA
01-26-2012, 10:41 PM
Wow! That is really bold. I am typically polite almost to a fault (I don't know if anyone can be *too* polite), but I would definitely hit Ignore on that one as well. Probably right after saying something like "Really?!?". This one surprised me.

Lol have had that hapoen a few times since rez with plat :z

Lmao at the rez calls with no mage i have seen this as well whike in my bird all ya can say is really!!! Lmaoooooo

XghostzX
01-27-2012, 07:55 AM
Lol have had that hapoen a few times since rez with plat :z

Lmao at the rez calls with no mage i have seen this as well whike in my bird all ya can say is really!!! Lmaoooooo

I'll just end up muting the players in the end, if you hate me for not playing the way you want me to, then leave. I'll have my own fun.

Pandamoni
01-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Can someone say: Elixir gens?

Amen. lol

WhoIsThis
01-27-2012, 09:13 PM
I'll just end up muting the players in the end, if you hate me for not playing the way you want me to, then leave. I'll have my own fun.

At this point, the problem is so persistent that you really don't have a choice. Consider hosting more of your own games for this reason.

XghostzX
01-27-2012, 11:44 PM
At this point, the problem is so persistent that you really don't have a choice. Consider hosting more of your own games for this reason.

Yeah, exactly what I've been doing. I'll be friend with the players that are nice and respectful.

zeusabe
01-28-2012, 07:20 AM
Honestly, based on my personal experience, compared to other games I played, PL has a nice community overall...testament to this is the rushing taboo...this so-called rushing is the very essence of PVP in other games I played. Another example is when somebody gets booted in PL, the booted players cries foul OMG that's so rude...in my previous experience, when a player is "unwanted", they will gang up on you and kill you where you stand (virtually)...but nobody cries foul...it's fun that way...I dunno...this game is too "soft" or maybe I've seen too much :D This is what I like about PL, it's casual...if you think this game has rude players...play more MMO's :D

XghostzX
01-28-2012, 10:15 AM
Honestly, based on my personal experience, compared to other games I played, PL has a nice community overall...testament to this is the rushing taboo...this so-called rushing is the very essence of PVP in other games I played. Another example is when somebody gets booted in PL, the booted players cries foul OMG that's so rude...in my previous experience, when a player is "unwanted", they will gang up on you and kill you where you stand (virtually)...but nobody cries foul...it's fun that way...I dunno...this game is too "soft" or maybe I've seen too much :D This is what I like about PL, it's casual...if you think this game has rude players...play more MMO's :D

PL is definitely a very casual game. +1 for this comment, if the game is not good enough for you then find something else to do.

Zamu
02-09-2012, 09:40 AM
I havent had too bad of rude people when they die. But im getting tired of our 'Mages Curse'. Its sometimes due to the bear not bothering to taunt and be the tank, i have to tank because i use aoe and they all go for me.

People just forget what each class' main role is, and thats why good parties are hard to find.

Bears are supposed to taunt and beckon to tank the damage.
Birds are supposed to destroy each mob quickly and effectively.
Mages are supposed to keep the party healed up and support the bird with killing the mobs.

But nowadays, the mage does a lot of tanking because the bears dont do their jobs properly, im bored with the mages curse, its the cause of nearly all my deaths on my alt dex mage. I was running a nice 5k kills with about 40 deaths before ao3. By the end of ao3 with all quests but cyber done, i had 7k kills with almost 250 deaths..... Damn them alien gunners!

anto
02-12-2012, 06:09 AM
word!

XghostzX
02-12-2012, 11:59 AM
I havent had too bad of rude people when they die. But im getting tired of our 'Mages Curse'. Its sometimes due to the bear not bothering to taunt and be the tank, i have to tank because i use aoe and they all go for me.

People just forget what each class' main role is, and thats why good parties are hard to find.

Bears are supposed to taunt and beckon to tank the damage.
Birds are supposed to destroy each mob quickly and effectively.
Mages are supposed to keep the party healed up and support the bird with killing the mobs.

But nowadays, the mage does a lot of tanking because the bears dont do their jobs properly, im bored with the mages curse, its the cause of nearly all my deaths on my alt dex mage. I was running a nice 5k kills with about 40 deaths before ao3. By the end of ao3 with all quests but cyber done, i had 7k kills with almost 250 deaths..... Damn them alien gunners!

That's why mages are somewhat well known in this game.

:)

Whirlzap
02-12-2012, 01:38 PM
I've been pugging lately and I am often shocked by how rude people are to mages lately. It had gotten better around sewer times probably because it took so long between campaigns that you got to do tons of runs with a lot of the same faces. That said, I don't want to just rant but would like to point out a few things:

2) if you are running ahead of the group or out running into random rooms and you die I will not leave the group to go find you. Stick with the group.

3) shouting heal at me won't make my skill recharge any faster. There is a cool down period on heal. If it comes between me spamming health pots so I won't die and healing you, I'll keep myself alive then heal you. Health pots exist for a reason. Yes, I heal. No, that is not the only thing I do.

4) if you are rude to me and curse at me I will not ressurect you if you die. Petty? Sure. But I'm not your mommy who puts up with your rudeness. Sorry, not gonna happen.

And this isnt that big of a deal but why in the world do so many people just lay there if we both die? I'll Respawn at the entrance if I'm the only mage. It just makes me scratch my head that so many peoPle will lay there dead waiting for me to get there and resurrect them.

Okay, I feel better. Pugging is definitely taking its toll.
Not gonna make a long post again.
Panda, they takin' you for granted.

Pokechmp
02-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Lol I'm totally doing that.

crestmage
03-25-2012, 09:51 PM

true true ;)

ZeUrbanSqwrl2
03-25-2012, 10:05 PM

This is what I used to do before I got pregnant and became all hormonal and stuff! I'm telling you, I feel like screaming, "who raised you? Wolves?" (because we all know it couldn't be the civilized squirrel) im civilized thank you very much:)

-_-Legiito
03-25-2012, 10:15 PM
I remember when I played a mage....good times.....ppl would shout "REV!!" And I would stand on them spamming celebrate. Lol. Only did it for the rude ppl thou. >:)

ArtStar
03-26-2012, 01:05 AM
Bahahaha omg cheers Pandamoni.
We basically made the same thread ish,
On two different games, I love it!

If you wrote this, and are having these feelings on this subject, you must read my thread.
Just substitute the word engineer for mage, and itll look so right.(for most of it)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?51926-This-goes-out-for-all-my-fellow-engineers!&highlight=fellow+engineers

Oh btw, I am out of Thanks lol. Will send you one when it lets me.

Noodleleg
03-29-2012, 08:25 PM
I'm too good as a mage lol! Nobody complains with me =p EXCEPT WITH PVP ;) those coppers... -_-

Griffinfan
05-07-2012, 09:21 AM
Totally agree with you, in Pvp birds and bears demand I heal them so i started telling them they had to say please and sorry for being rude because I had no obligation to use my skills :)

wvhills
05-07-2012, 09:47 AM
Totally agree with you, in Pvp birds and bears demand I heal them so i started telling them they had to say please and sorry for being rude because I had no obligation to use my skills :)

Ur under no obligation to use ur skills? I hope ur joking. If not you'd be booted out of 100% of my games because I'm under no obligation to play with people who don't use their skills.

Livemau
05-20-2012, 02:30 PM
IMO the right thing to do when you go down is to say rev plz to make sure the mage sees that you are down

Griffinfan
05-22-2012, 09:40 AM
Ur under no obligation to use ur skills? I hope ur joking. If not you'd be booted out of 100% of my games because I'm under no obligation to play with people who don't use their skills.

*clarification* Im not going to revive someone who demands I do it or come back to the beginning of the map to revive them when we are near the boss, I find that incredibly inconsiderate since its their fault for falling behind or trying to take on something the group skipped (vampires in mount fang)

Phoenixking
05-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Rudeness pffffffft. I act rude to people who act rude to me. Cause it's their language, they don't understand me in my language. I'm good speaking rudenian :3
not but in all cereal talking back rudely is the way they understand what you are saying, it's like an accent that is seen on all of
the languages.

Docvoodo
05-24-2012, 02:39 PM
I hate when I revive people and if there is another mage in the group and I die they just run ahead leaving behind even though I died 5 feet away......

Docvoodo
05-24-2012, 02:40 PM
I think that there should be a potion you can purchase from Ellie for like 10000 gold that revives you........