PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends Prestiging

Mothwing
01-25-2012, 08:24 PM
Hi all, since most players dont have the amazing opportunity to reach the elite level caps, ive developed a system that changes this. Its called prestiging. And yes it is inspired by COD games but also by an amazing person i recently met named Snakespeare. His blog (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/blog.php?10182-Snakespeare) explains how he restarted his main character. I thought this was really cool and was intruiged to try it (but didnt). This sparked an idea to be rewarded to restart a character. It adds a splash of excitement to the game along with a fun twist or challenge. The details:

Every new LVL cap, a new prestige will be released, along with a new item. These special items mark that you have prestiged, just like elite vanities do. Elite players (56, 61, 66, etc.) will not have the opportunity to prestige because this would defeat the whole purpose of having a special system for the other players.

I would definetly participate in a system such as this, it really forces you to take a different look at the game, along with all the campaigns. And i know, that in a way it is hardcore (having to get back to the current or new cap) but it would still be something to try. Please let me know any ideas or feedback, and if you liked the idea rate the thread so STS can see it! :) I think this could be a really awesome addition to the great game of PL.

Mawth

Silentarrow
01-25-2012, 08:28 PM
+1. I like it, it would be a new twist to the MMO world as I have never seen this done in another MMO!

Mothwing
01-25-2012, 08:30 PM
+1. I like it, it would be a new twist to the MMO world as I have never seen this done in another MMO!

Awesome :) thanks so much for the feedback. Kind of far out there but i would really participate in something like this.

The Flash
01-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Good idea but not so hard to do with x4 elixier. One guy went from lv1 to lv63 in 24hrs even more so now with lowered xp. Plus deleting your charachter is dumb just make a new one and dont utilize any resorces from your account. Plus you lose all non-stashable stuff. Maybe something like when you hit cap you have the option to go back to lv1 without losing anyting and gain some more abilities if you do so and new vanities.

Mothwing
01-26-2012, 12:58 AM
Good idea but not so hard to do with x4 elixier. One guy went from lv1 to lv63 in 24hrs even more so now with lowered xp. Plus deleting your charachter is dumb just make a new one and dont utilize any resorces from your account. Plus you lose all non-stashable stuff. Maybe something like when you hit cap you have the option to go back to lv1 without losing anyting and gain some more abilities if you do so and new vanities.

One of my ideas was to bring all items through, just forgot to write it :)

Lowlyspy
01-26-2012, 02:50 AM
I quite like this idea, running through the older campaigns is my favorite thing to do so I would be sufficently entertained. Good one Mothy :D

Appleisaac
01-26-2012, 07:06 AM
One of my ideas was to bring all items through, just forgot to write it :)

Well I think the whole idea was for u to not ACTUALLY have to press the delete button. (right?) I thought that if this idea was put in the game it would say "PRESTIEGE" in the character menu. If you pressed the button it would say "are you sure who you would like to go back to lv 1?". It would be the same character (all items/money and stuff) come with u. That's how I interpreted this idea. I think it is a good one :)

Cahaun
01-26-2012, 07:39 AM
Nice! I love it! Just press PRESTIGE and you can be lvl 1 again with maybe some bonouses.

Mothwing
01-26-2012, 08:59 PM
I quite like this idea, running through the older campaigns is my favorite thing to do so I would be sufficently entertained. Good one Mothy :D

Tyty! :o

Well I think the whole idea was for u to not ACTUALLY have to press the delete button. (right?) I thought that if this idea was put in the game it would say "PRESTIEGE" in the character menu. If you pressed the button it would say "are you sure who you would like to go back to lv 1?". It would be the same character (all items/money and stuff) come with u. That's how I interpreted this idea. I think it is a good one :)

Exactly. This eliminates the cause of having to delete your main. I was also thinking of having a box on your profile that says "Prestige 1" or something.

Nice! I love it! Just press PRESTIGE and you can be lvl 1 again with maybe some bonouses.

Thanks!! :)

Ihavenokills
01-26-2012, 10:48 PM
cod reference ftw. lol i like the idea. brings replay value back up and not just a "k im capped...now what?" kinda game

Mothwing
01-26-2012, 11:34 PM
cod reference ftw. lol i like the idea. brings replay value back up and not just a "k im capped...now what?" kinda game

Exactly ;)

Swimmingstar
01-26-2012, 11:49 PM
L2... prestige... only problem I see.

Mothwing
01-26-2012, 11:52 PM
L2... prestige... only problem I see.

Whys that?

XghostzX
01-27-2012, 12:13 AM
Interesting idea, it would save up space too.