PDA

View Full Version : Am I in the wrong here? Regarding PvP iPad Problem

Whirlzap
01-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Today my friend was nice enough to FINALLY let me use his iPad for a few hours of PL.
I'm loving the graphics and the huge screen. Almost the same as Google Chrome but way more playable with the controls.
However the problem that appeared was when I entered a FFA round of PvP.
It was a 3v3 match when we started and it was quite fun.
However, halfway through, someone later claimed that a player from the opposing team had left.
I wasn't able to see the opposing team with the iPad, and I ended up playing through 3 consecutive matches in 3v2, the opposing team with 2.
I never actually did take notice of this until later, when I joined Aphroditiie's game and got rushed a dozen times.
Eventually I asked why he was rushing, and he told me that I had teamed.

Eden previously stated:
"ok, so shiloo already posted for a fix for this in the tech thread, but I wanted to ask a favor from the pvp community. Please give players a bit of a break in pvp about not sitting until this is fixed. On ipads, the oponent list does not show. Therefore you have to ask someone how many they have on their team before starting. Because people come and go during matches(which I hate), it is near impossible for ipad players to keep track of whether or not the teams are balanced."

I believe that this is a very serious issue and should be fixed ASAP to prevent any further misunderstandings.
I also believe that this is a common issue for Google Chrome PL as well.
A special note to Aphroditiie and the other mage from Olympus Guild:
It seems as if you don't speak English too well.
I'm glad you understood at the end, but I'll just rephrase a bit.
I had no intention of angering anyone in a game on iDevices and I will never do unless it is very serious.
Try not to be too rash on your decisions, and perhaps try to remember to say "One please sit" before going through 3 consecutive matches and then later claiming to be teamed.
Best regards.

But seriously, this issue needs to be fixed.

maneatingtree
01-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Just do a quick /who to chech who/how many people are there.

Whirlzap
01-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Does that work for PvP too?
I thought it only worked for townes...
I'll try it out next time, thanks!

WoundedEagle
01-25-2012, 10:05 PM
It would be nice if PvP was automatic in a way then, right? If a team lost a player, the opposing team would be put on pause to have a member choose to sit out. When i player joined the opposing team and the game was even, the system would say "All in". During the time the player was sitting out, they would be placed in a simple box room sepparated from the PvP arena, therefore they could not attack or be attacked. Seems simple, no?

Elitephonix
01-25-2012, 10:08 PM
When sts think people r oin Ipads they think we can see everybody in the game...But we could prob see 1 or 2 people

Phoenixking
01-25-2012, 10:12 PM
When sts think people r oin Ipads they think we can see everybody in the game...But we could prob see 1 or 2 people
Lol, it may not be that, maybe it was mistake but your hypothesis or whatever is plausible lmao, lol

MightyMicah
01-25-2012, 11:46 PM
Don't let it get to you, it's an honest mistake and personally I love going 3v2 when I'm on the 2 side XD lol more fun and more kills.

Otukura
01-26-2012, 12:18 AM
/w for short :p

Most / commands are like that... /h, /t, /r, etc.

bglir
01-26-2012, 12:23 AM
The issue is long overdue, hope fixes coming soon, hard to check how many on other side if fight is intense.

Onaraasider
01-26-2012, 07:55 AM
you just have to have a good memory, when it says so-and-so left the game, u have to remmeber who left and who came, and to refresh memory, /who.I'm an ipad user and i am used to this, i really didnt even notice till threads came out.