PDA

View Full Version : New class?

kavanah
07-27-2010, 10:16 PM
What about a new class?

I think a summoner class would be really cool. That or someone with some good Crowd Control abilities.

A monk/assasin type class would be really cool. What do you guys think?

Maybe even a bard/minstrel?!

flaimdude
07-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Humans are coming out eventually. :)

kavanah
07-27-2010, 10:36 PM
I think a bard/minstrel would be really really cool now that I think about how it can be incorporated. Think constant aoe dmg, constant aoe buffs and debuffs, constant +ms and +hs, it would be really neat!

Royce
07-27-2010, 10:59 PM
Think constant aoe dmg, constant aoe buffs and debuffs, constant +ms and +hs, it would be really neat!
Neat? Try godlike, but how is that a bard? I think of a bard as a charisma based class, fairly useless in an MMO where the players provide their own charisma ;)

haroldiv
07-27-2010, 11:11 PM
Neat? Try godlike, but how is that a bard? I think of a bard as a charisma based class, fairly useless in an MMO where the players provide their own charisma ;)

Bards are musicians, they sing or play instruments that effect themselves and others in different ways. Classically bards skills are enhanced by the musical item they weild. U would still use a dagger/sword but instead of a shield you would choose a flute or mandolin or drums etc. Your skills are always about the long term. No nukes no heals. U would "sing" regen, armor debuff or damage over time skills. If singing a regen skill got ur group 5 regen u might get 8 regen while weilding a flute.

Charisma with bards usually has to do with charming abilities which I do not see being added to this game any time soon.

Bards would not need a new attribute. They could use any gear they want depending on which stats they went with. Bard instruments do not need reqs because all they do is modify bard skills. Lvl req is enough. Yes an enchantress could hold a flute but it wouldn't do anything.

I love this idea

KingFu
07-27-2010, 11:19 PM
By the time a new class comes out, the cap will probably be so high no one will want to level one....

Kurlz
07-27-2010, 11:34 PM
they should add a necromancer class...think about it...a char with the ability to summon zombies and skelotens and such...

or if they were to add an assassin class, theyshould give them a stealth skill that gives them temporary invisibility...how badass would that be? lol

Jstizar
07-28-2010, 12:38 AM
They should forget about making new classes until they can come out with some more expansions that optimize the games performances, and already get the the long list they have planned.

vulgarstrike
07-28-2010, 01:26 AM
music killing the common folk lol. sounds like ke$ha is our 4th class.

Royce
07-28-2010, 07:05 AM
They should forget about making new classes until they can come out with some more expansions that optimize the games performances, and already get the the long list they have planned.
This is what they are doing. They've already said that a new class is a possibility, but that we likely won't see one for a good while, I'm guessing not until the cap reaches at least 100.

Also

music killing the common folk lol. sounds like ke$ha is our 4th class.
LMAO

bmc85uk
07-28-2010, 07:53 AM
With pets planned I think they should be implemented as part of a new class, pets should be reserved to a class IMO I hate the idea of everyone having one it's ridiculous and with limitations of the iPlatforms already present this would only make it worse.

A pet class for me would ideally be like enchanters in EverQuest - mana regen buff, crowd control (mez/root/fear), charm, haste, pet summon & a couple of minor protection buffs. They should be equally as squishy as a PL Enchantress. Pets could also look different as summon skill level increased :)

Also, call them Conjurers to avoid confusion with Enchantresses, although IMO the Enchantress should be called a Mage, as it's more of an umbrella term to encompass the current skill variety.

That's just my preference though.