PDA

View Full Version : Introducing the very first DL fan art!

RedRyder
01-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Today was the first time we actually got a picture besides the games logo, so I decided to take a stab at some DL fan art! This is a digital painting so it's in the style of a painting, not an illustration. Here it goes!

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/c6a282a7.jpg

It was pretty blurry when I uploaded it to my deviant art and Facebook, so if it appears that way now, here's the painting from the app itself:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/f7d77c49.jpg

I used ArtRage for iPad (ive since divorced sketchbook pro, since my centurion art fail) and it took me about 4 hrs. It was both an annoying and fun experience! Looking forward to some more DL reveals so I can make some more paintings :)

Phoenixking
01-26-2012, 11:12 PM
Awesome art redryder^.^ always expect awesome art from you i envy :p

Im working on mine :) lol, though im way unfinished, its on sketchbookx :o lol, working hard on mine

RedRyder
01-27-2012, 12:28 AM
Awesome art redryder^.^ always expect awesome art from you i envy :p

Im working on mine :) lol, though im way unfinished, its on sketchbookx :o lol, working hard on mine

I can't even use sketchbook anymore lol, ArtRage is so much more superior. It's a good investment! And thanks for the praise man!

Mothwing
01-27-2012, 12:29 AM
EPIC. Nice work ;)

Phoenixking
01-27-2012, 12:33 AM
I can't even use sketchbook anymore lol, ArtRage is so much more superior. It's a good investment! And thanks for the praise man!
Im going to attenpt getting both lol :P and garageband :o though that was off topic and no problem lol, thanks for the advice :)

RedRyder
01-27-2012, 12:34 AM
EPIC. Nice work ;)

Thanks man! Looking forward to more future DL art projects :)

RedRyder
01-27-2012, 12:34 AM
Im going to attenpt getting both lol :P and garageband :o though that was off topic and no problem lol, thanks for the advice :)

I love garage band lol I have it on my iPad too. Off topic, but that's another good investment.

Arterra
01-27-2012, 12:35 AM
im trying to come up with something witty to say, but DAMN... the image kicked it right out of me. My description: perfectly dark.
oh wait, still pulled it off. or does this last bit cancel it?

Mothwing
01-27-2012, 12:37 AM
Thanks man! Looking forward to more future DL art projects :)

Cant wait to see em!!

Phoenixking
01-27-2012, 12:40 AM
im trying to come up with something witty to say, but DAMN... the image kicked it right out of me. My description: perfectly dark.
Lmao, it got canceled D:

@redryder i really want garageband for that i can play music, its something that i really like, and i have used it with a piano thingy connected to a mac (school) i did a project and got an awesome grade :D (so offtopic) and whats the major diffeence from sketchbook and art rage? Lol checked description, but prefer you told me as you used it :o lol

RedRyder
01-27-2012, 01:46 AM

Hahaha

Lmao, it got canceled D:

@redryder i really want garageband for that i can play music, its something that i really like, and i have used it with a piano thingy connected to a mac (school) i did a project and got an awesome grade :D (so offtopic) and whats the major diffeence from sketchbook and art rage? Lol checked description, but prefer you told me as you used it :o lol

ok, so sketchbook first. When I did my illustrations on it, I had to go in with each line and trim it carefully with the eraser. The smudge tool is complete (pardon my language) crap so I never used it, brushes are hard to pull off so I always used the airbrush, so I always felt very limited. It takes two taps just to change the size of your tool. Undo/redo is limited to a few steps. The maximum amount of layers is 12.

ArtRage, all of its tools work flawlessly. The brush works like an actual brush. The pallet knife (smudge tool) actually works and you have like 10 different set styles of blurring and you can make your own custom preference, and that goes for every single one of ArtRage's tools. The pen tool is just epic. I've NEVER had to go in with the eraser just to make the line look how I want. The lines even clean themselves up if you have the option up. You can chose from different canvas', or edit your own. With undo/redo, I remember hitting the undo button over 50 times and it still let me keep going. As for layers, I don't even think there's a limit. If there is then its very high. Then there's the most amazing feature: the script recorder. When you start a new painting, as you're setting up your canvas there's an option to turn on the script recorder. Basically, every stroke you perform will be recorded and can be played back on ArtRage for PC's.

Honestly, the only thing SB has on AR is that you can upload/download .psd files from dropbox, which I'm sure will be fixed for ArtRage in a future update.

RedRyder
01-27-2012, 01:46 AM
Watch some ArtRage vids on YouTube. They'll speak for themselves :p

Skeletonlord
01-27-2012, 02:02 AM
These are awesome! Your DL work will be amazing! Great work! Keep going and you will be a awesome artist!

Phoenixking
01-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Hahaha

ok, so sketchbook first. When I did my illustrations on it, I had to go in with each line and trim it carefully with the eraser. The smudge tool is complete (pardon my language) crap so I never used it, brushes are hard to pull off so I always used the airbrush, so I always felt very limited. It takes two taps just to change the size of your tool. Undo/redo is limited to a few steps. The maximum amount of layers is 12.

ArtRage, all of its tools work flawlessly. The brush works like an actual brush. The pallet knife (smudge tool) actually works and you have like 10 different set styles of blurring and you can make your own custom preference, and that goes for every single one of ArtRage's tools. The pen tool is just epic. I've NEVER had to go in with the eraser just to make the line look how I want. The lines even clean themselves up if you have the option up. You can chose from different canvas', or edit your own. With undo/redo, I remember hitting the undo button over 50 times and it still let me keep going. As for layers, I don't even think there's a limit. If there is then its very high. Then there's the most amazing feature: the script recorder. When you start a new painting, as you're setting up your canvas there's an option to turn on the script recorder. Basically, every stroke you perform will be recorded and can be played back on ArtRage for PC's.

Honestly, the only thing SB has on AR is that you can upload/download .psd files from dropbox, which I'm sure will be fixed for ArtRage in a future update.
Wow i know what you mean that some stuff insb are crap and thanks lol :P i might just buy art rage and not upgrade sband more layers is way good, and i cand only undo 10 times >.<" lol

Deathpunch
01-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Oh! Very nice! Can I steal it and use it for my phone wallpaper? Please!?

RedRyder
01-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Oh! Very nice! Can I steal it and use it for my phone wallpaper? Please!?

Lol go for it!

Deathpunch
01-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Lol go for it!

Thanks!

http://img.tapatalk.com/42575afa-8ec2-90e8.jpg

Aculeas
01-29-2012, 01:41 PM
:( was really hoping for something original. Well made anyhow.

Hellfire
01-29-2012, 02:08 PM
it's the same....

Strychnine
01-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Nice work. I really like the look of solitude and the mysterious, transcendental expression. Do you have any alternative prints that have the figure in a different position?

RedRyder
01-29-2012, 11:11 PM
:( was really hoping for something original. Well made anyhow.

Pretty hard to do something original when we nay got one poster and no information or real screens of the game

it's the same....

Open up STS' poster, open mine next to it, and compare.

That is all.

Ebalere
01-29-2012, 11:40 PM
I think it's great, Red. You put alot of subtle personal touches in your rendition.

RedRyder
01-29-2012, 11:54 PM
Thanks eb :) I'm just anxious for STS to release more images for us so I have more to work from :/

Deathpunch
01-30-2012, 12:35 AM
Thanks eb :) I'm just anxious for STS to release more images for us so I have more to work from :/

Those that poo poo on your work are more than free to draw their own pictures as they see fit. Previous unwarranted comments were unwarranted and a bit rude.

Prest87
01-31-2012, 12:43 AM
Very nice, like always

Aculeas
01-31-2012, 11:00 AM
I like how everyone's jumping down my throat for no reason. Yes, Red I know it is hard to produce art because there isn't more reference material, that's whats stopping me. All i said is I was hoping for something original that's it. You have no Idea what you're talking about DeathPunch not a single person ripped on his art and thus all comments were warranted because the drawing is the same just a different style of art.

JaytB
01-31-2012, 11:04 AM
Wow! That looks pretty sweet to me!!

Another awesome art piece Red :)

zappaxe
01-31-2012, 11:09 AM
Aculeas think about why people might want to "jump down your throat". maybe if you stopped being rude on everyones pictures you wouldn't have that problem!

Red i love the pic!!

Aculeas
01-31-2012, 11:15 AM
I'm actually the only one being civil. The fact that I was hoping for original content is a compliment. everyone else is just assuming and making stuff up.

RedRyder
01-31-2012, 01:28 PM
What original content could I possible make for DL with absolutely NOTHING to work from.?I'm not making fictional characters and assume it might be in DL by some unlikely coincidence, because in that case, I'd post it in off topic. For my PL fan art I've done a Load of original art. Why? I have plenty to work from since there's actual content there. If you want to keep criticizing off of that alone, then by all means continue to. Just know that's why everyone's "jumping down your throat".

I'm actually the only one being civil. The fact that I was hoping for original content is a compliment. everyone else is just assuming and making stuff up.

How's that a compliment? That's indirectly saying that none f my stuff was original and that you were hoping that this piece would be. Chose your words carefully next time.

Aculeas
01-31-2012, 03:52 PM
What original content could I possible make for DL with absolutely NOTHING to work from.?I'm not making fictional characters and assume it might be in DL by some unlikely coincidence, because in that case, I'd post it in off topic. For my PL fan art I've done a Load of original art. Why? I have plenty to work from since there's actual content there. If you want to keep criticizing off of that alone, then by all means continue to. Just know that's why everyone's "jumping down your throat".

How's that a compliment? That's indirectly saying that none f my stuff was original and that you were hoping that this piece would be. Chose your words carefully next time.

There you go assuming things again. I said what I said there was nothing indirect about it if thats what I wanted to say thats what I would've said.

Allow me then to tell you how you could've done something original. I'd do it myself but i can't because I lack a decent editor and scanner so I can't really create anything in this style of art.

Take the same shadowy figure and draw him doing something else with the same backdrop like say. Disappearing in a cloud of bats like Itachi Uchiha does with his birds. Jumping across a blood red moon. Or in front of a clock tower. There are plenty of things you could've done. I'm not trying to insult you. I'm an artist myself and I don't particularily enjoy looking at crap. So the fact that I WANT TO SEE ART PRODUCED BY YOU ORIGINAL OR NOT IS A COMPLIMENT.

Deathpunch
01-31-2012, 11:32 PM
I like how everyone's jumping down my throat for no reason. Yes, Red I know it is hard to produce art because there isn't more reference material, that's whats stopping me. All i said is I was hoping for something original that's it. You have no Idea what you're talking about DeathPunch not a single person ripped on his art and thus all comments were warranted because the drawing is the same just a different style of art.

As I didn't name any names I assume that even you were able to see your comment for what it was. A critical comment on the lack of originality. Say what you will, I don't really care. ;)

Aculeas
02-01-2012, 08:46 AM
As I didn't name any names I assume that even you were able to see your comment for what it was. A critical comment on the lack of originality. Say what you will, I don't really care. ;)

Well considering there are only two comments that don't say, "way to go this is great."

You don't have to be Batman to figure it out.

And no it wasnt a critical comment on lack of originality it was an expression (note the sad face) that I was looking forward to seeing (and still am) some of RR's... personal vision/imagination/creativity.

Carth
02-01-2012, 10:47 AM
I don't understand. Aculeas only stated that the art wasn't original but liked it anyway. What's the deal?

Red's work is outstanding and I enjoy seeing them. This one is no different from the rest but I have to agree that this is very similar to the original poster that STS has shown. Nothing wrong with that though. No hate from me.

Aculeas didn't attack the artwork in any way. He was just expecting something original. :)

RedRyder
02-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Well considering there are only two comments that don't say, "way to go this is great."

You don't have to be Batman to figure it out.

And no it wasnt a critical comment on lack of originality it was an expression (note the sad face) that I was looking forward to seeing (and still am) some of RR's... personal vision/imagination/creativity.

There's actually two links in my signature, that is if you're still looking forward to seeing originality :p.

Aculeas
02-01-2012, 04:36 PM
lmaoooo at whinnie the pooh, and the pooh bear. Good stuff right thur.

Hinata
02-05-2012, 02:42 AM
aa 8[] what can I say, besides it is awesome? xD

Martin Tander
02-05-2012, 03:35 AM
Am i paranoid or is that underworlds Serenity shadow that sts brought to us as a teaser...even her weapon looks exactly the same like in "the reckoning"

Just my opinion not flaming anyone:/

RedRyder
02-05-2012, 03:58 AM
Dunno what you're referring to man lol. Hopefully beta will be released soon so I can let my hands run wild.