PDA

View Full Version : anyway to get android market on a ipod touch?

Conradin
01-26-2012, 08:19 PM
Just wondering if ya can get It on an ipod. I wanna play DL beta lol. Either that or ill have to get a kindle fire

Nick41324
01-26-2012, 08:36 PM
Try searching on YouTube. I don't think you can get on the android market on a idevice tho.

And even if you get a kindle fire, you would have to root it. I've tried once before. It's a real pain >.>

Piosidon
01-26-2012, 11:04 PM
Probably not or else people would of done it for SL beta

Conradin
01-28-2012, 01:13 AM
Think this is safe? Found this vid on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngrGGdQEFfQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Nick41324
01-28-2012, 01:52 AM
I tried it out and it's defiantly not the android market. Little to none of the apps work. It also doesnt have any STS apps.

Skeletonlord
01-28-2012, 02:13 AM
I watched your video Conradin and followed it. As nick said, you can hardly play any of the games on it. You can install them as a webapp, but it won't let you play them because the apps close. Still a cool little app to play around with and see what apps work.
For example, you can install "Cydia", but can't access it unless you are jailbroken, which I aren't. So, there are limitations on what you can do.

Darkfader
01-28-2012, 03:47 AM
Not without installing android to your device.
File systems and os are different so you can't run files from droid market at your ios device. Same if you try to take windows program and run it in mac, it just doesn't work.

Deathpunch
01-28-2012, 09:14 PM
Not without installing android to your device.
File systems and os are different so you can't run files from droid market at your ios device. Same if you try to take windows program and run it in mac, it just doesn't work.

This. Also, I strongly advise you guys not to go around downloading random stuff from peoples websites. Unless you want some sort of virus, malware, info stealing bug or worse, an iPhone shaped paperweight.