PDA

View Full Version : level attributes

Kurlz
07-28-2010, 12:41 AM
i may be the only one that thinks this, but i think the campaign levels should have specific attributes. like the lost expidition, being ice, the players (and enemys) should slide around a bit, in alien oasis, since its sand, the players (and of course enemys) should move a little bit slower (the same with the swamp campaign). just a suggestion...give some feedback if you agree (or disagree).

LIGHTNINGLORD67
07-28-2010, 12:44 AM
That's an excellent idea! And when your starting to run, your speed is slow and it slowly goes faster and faster. There is an AoE problem though:

Archers- the repulse shot would be way too overpowered
Enchantress- fire storm would decimate the entire area
Warrior- stomp would instantly kill mobs

For alien oasis, those skills would be weaker than usual :/.

Royce
07-28-2010, 07:04 AM
Why would that be a problem? Certain skills are already less effective in certain campaigns. For instance the enemies in LE are resistant to ice damage, so Icestorm and Frostbite are less effective there.

bmc85uk
07-28-2010, 07:45 AM
I like it, if it was implemented well it could be a nice feature.

Kurlz
07-28-2010, 02:50 PM
That's an excellent idea! And when your starting to run, your speed is slow and it slowly goes faster and faster. There is an AoE problem though:

Archers- the repulse shot would be way too overpowered
Enchantress- fire storm would decimate the entire area
Warrior- stomp would instantly kill mobs

sorry but im still not sure about some of the abbreviations...what exactly is AoE?

Royce
07-28-2010, 02:56 PM
what exactly is AoE?

Area of Effect which refers to skills/actions that affect a given area rather than a single target. Firestorm and Stomp are examples. Repulse shot is not, and really I think lightning meant to say that blowback skills would be affected, not AoE (lightning, icestorm, heal, blast shot, the blessings, screams, mage debuffs, etc. are all AoE, but would not be effected)

Kurlz
07-28-2010, 03:03 PM
ahh...thanks for the insight...even if the attributes would weaken some attacks and strengthen others, it would still be a great idea. it would really make for a better in game expirence, in my opinion at least...

Pharcyde
11-26-2010, 01:36 AM
ahh...thanks for the insight...even if the attributes would weaken some attacks and strengthen others, it would still be a great idea. it would really make for a better in game expirence, in my opinion at least...

I like it but i also don't. Alien oasis maps are really big, do you really want to run even slower through the maps? I have good patience but I found my self so irritated with how slow i run that i dropped a speed pot while leveling my lower level friend.