PDA

View Full Version : Centurion REDEMPTION!

RedRyder
01-27-2012, 12:30 AM
Again, my apologies for the monstrosity of an illustration I posted yesterday. Seems I have outgrown sketchbook pro and into ArtRage's welcoming arms <3 I only did re-did the bear, but the quality is way better now and I did it in a traditional painting style with a twist of my cartooning style:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/b4b30a7b.jpg

You know what else is cool about ArtRage for iPad? It has a script recorder! What does this mean for you guys? When I connect my iPad to the Mac here, I can transfer the script and you'll all see, stroke for stroke, how the painting was created from start to finish!

So you get this cool picture, and a speed painting video to go along with it!... But that's for tomorrow, it's almost 1am now so I'll get my little brother (blackryder) to put the video together for me when he gets home from school. It'll be up before the end of the day!

If you're still reading this, I made another painting today that you should check out. To commemorate STS releasing more info on the highly anticipated Dark Legends, I attempted to recreate their teaser poster for the game!

Click me! (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?49123-Introducing-the-very-first-DL-fan-art!)

Ihavenokills
01-27-2012, 12:35 AM
noice job red :o

RedRyder
01-27-2012, 01:26 AM
Thanks man! :)

Skeletonlord
01-27-2012, 02:06 AM
Omg! This just really amazing work! I can see that you have like ART for real! I want to learn about this because these are really epic! Is it available on iPod?

RedRyder
01-27-2012, 10:12 AM
Omg! This just really amazing work! I can see that you have like ART for real! I want to learn about this because these are really epic! Is it available on iPod?

4th gen + I think. It's not free either

Crunchee
01-27-2012, 10:37 AM
The bear's legs are a bit too long imo :)
Make them shorter :)

Good job Red! :)

RedRyder
01-27-2012, 11:09 AM
The bear's legs are a bit too long imo :)
Make them shorter :)

Good job Red! :)

Everything's in proportion actually. The torso should be as long as the thigh and as long as the shin, and this picture meets that criteria. But thanks lol

Crunchee
01-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Everything's in proportion actually. The torso should be as long as the thigh and as long as the shin, and this picture meets that criteria. But thanks lol

Np. :9 Sometimes, in proportion doesn't mean that it will look good. Don't get me wrong, this is just my opinion :) keep up the good work. Wish I were as talented as you :)

Btw, I just downloaded Sketchbook mobile because I wanna know more about digital drawing. Mind giving me some comments and advice on this pic? (It's my first try :0) I only used the pencil because I know nothing else...

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/darkbluepp/sketch1327656987639.png

Skeletonlord
01-27-2012, 11:36 AM
Nice start crunchy! My drawing was like that when I started using the app, don't worry lol! I have used the app- press the wheel bottom of the page and you have different options. You can change the colour of the brush as well.

Crunchee
01-27-2012, 11:45 AM
Nice start crunchy! My drawing was like that when I started using the app, don't worry lol! I have used the app- press the wheel bottom of the page and you have different options. You can change the colour of the brush as well.

Ty and yea, I know about the brushes :) The mirror function is great!! I'm addicted to it...

RedRyder
01-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Np. :9 Sometimes, in proportion doesn't mean that it will look good. Don't get me wrong, this is just my opinion :) keep up the good work. Wish I were as talented as you :)

Btw, I just downloaded Sketchbook mobile because I wanna know more about digital drawing. Mind giving me some comments and advice on this pic? (It's my first try :0) I only used the pencil because I know nothing else...

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/darkbluepp/sketch1327656987639.png

It's no problem lol. The bear isn't standing upwards, it's leg is extended towards the audience. Body parts that are closer than others will always be larger.

That's not bad for a first, better than what I made for my first SB piece lol. I recommend that you stop using it before you become accustomed to it and purchase ArtRage. You'll thank me later.

Roc
01-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Such a cool design :) -critique mode- I know you mentioned perspective, but I have to agree with Crunchee that the legs look elongated. It's just hard to imagine him sliding his leg so far forward that his torso becomes so miniaturized -end critique- Anywho, I love how he's standing in a river!

Crunchee!!! It's so pretty!!! I wish I could find a real feather like that ;)

RedRyder
01-27-2012, 03:03 PM
It's actually a river going into a waterfall :p thanks for the criticism! I'll keep it in mind in the future.
The speed drawing video should be up in a few hours guys :)

Sryyoulose
01-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Both o those pics are very nice very nice indeed!

Ebalere
01-27-2012, 04:00 PM
The torso should be as long as the thigh and as long as the shin, and this picture meets that criteria.

On a human, yes.

This is indeed a great work of art and I am jelly of ya skillz.

RedRyder
01-27-2012, 05:13 PM
On a human, yes.

This is indeed a great work of art and I am jelly of ya skillz.

And humanoids :p btw guys, I'm working on the video as we speak! The script is running slow so I'm going to have to wait for it to record with the screen recorder (it's at 24% now) and then speed up the video to about 2-3 minutes, throw in some cool music perhaps, upload it to YouTube, then show it to you guys :)