PDA

View Full Version : Beckon, y u no work!?

Zeus
01-27-2012, 04:04 AM
Hi STS,

So, I just wanted to take note of something in PvP. Beckon, which works the majority of the time, seems to have a 100 percent miss rate or increased miss rate IF I am fighting against an elf and they cast freeze (noticed this with the singular target freeze only) on me at around the same time or exact time I cast my beckon. I'm not sure if this is intended, but I have noticed other mages have figured this out too and are using it as an advantage in PvP.

(Note: I am not calling anybody out here and some may just be a coincidence)

Cheers,

~Parth

Leli
01-27-2012, 04:11 AM
Ok... So I get the beckon sucking at the moment but you lost me on the rest :p

If you want, since im a mage, but pally, we can make a PvP amd test it out. You know you my bestie ;)

Zeus
01-27-2012, 04:50 AM
Ok... So I get the beckon sucking at the moment but you lost me on the rest :p

If you want, since im a mage, but pally, we can make a PvP amd test it out. You know you my bestie ;)

Okay, so essentially what happens is that when Ice from the Elf is cast at the same time a bear casts his Beckon, when they are fighting each other, the beckon simply will fail. It either shows up as a miss or a dodge. I get the fact that this will happen occasionally, but the fact that this is happening close to every time or greatly heightened percentage makes me assume that this is a glitch/bug in the PvP system.

Otukura
01-27-2012, 04:52 AM
Noticed it at 35 too. You forgot to make the "y u no" poster.

Zeus
01-27-2012, 05:21 AM
Just to clarify a bit, "traveling ice" has to be around the 3-4 dash mark and it HAS to hit, otherwise beckon will land. However, everytime that it was at the mark and it did hit, beckon seemed to always miss.

Roc
01-27-2012, 09:20 AM

maneatingtree
01-27-2012, 09:28 AM
Lol roc i love the epuc hand :)

FluffNStuff
01-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Saweet.
Curious, have you tried other skills against it. Wonder if ice has a hidden proc.

Zeus
01-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Saweet.
Curious, have you tried other skills against it. Wonder if ice has a hidden proc.

I haven't tried any other skills, but I'll definitely try it out! :)

@Roc Thank you for making my day! LMFAO! :)

Swimmingstar
01-27-2012, 08:36 PM

I was gonna make that. >.<

Arterra
01-27-2012, 10:00 PM
hmm, makes me wonder about how the skills technically work... are they both entities, and do they conflict with each other? info like this, while not entirely useful for actual combat, is pretty nice to know.

Sryyoulose
01-27-2012, 11:54 PM
Ice has had hidden proc... Just not that one =p

Shiloo
01-28-2012, 05:24 PM
I think it was me you noticed this with? I didn't notice till you said something about it. To freeze same time as beckon would be almost impossible, on purpose anyway! Where you de-buffed for hit (weakness -30 hit)?

Twinklaser
01-28-2012, 06:52 PM
I had the same issue and through nearly one whole minute of brainstorming, I came u with the solution

How to make beckon work:
1. Get on your knees
2. Close your eyes
3. Pray to Chuck Noris and praise how awesome he is 666 times
4. Practice exorism on a child
5. Buy 200 thousand Platinum
6. Spend them all on respecs
7. Use only 65skill point on beckon
8. Pray to Chuck Noris another 5 times
9. Gratz! Now beckon works!

This method works 94% of the time, 0% of the time!

LADYHADASSA
01-28-2012, 08:14 PM
There are also several mages who have learned the art of using skills to block your beckon all together, and a majority of the time this block works, it will work agains all the classes if applied proper and with good timing... Have you tried a newer mage verses an experienced one to test this theory?

P.s there is a counter for this but it is all in the skills this is somthing that has worked actualy quite a long time.. :)

Zeus
01-28-2012, 09:51 PM
I think it was me you noticed this with? I didn't notice till you said something about it. To freeze same time as beckon would be almost impossible, on purpose anyway! Where you de-buffed for hit (weakness -30 hit)?

Nah, not just you, and I was checking repeatedly. At the times I casted beckon, my hit percent was 99%.

Otukura
01-28-2012, 10:22 PM
Ice has had hidden proc... Just not that one =p

Negative armor :p