PDA

View Full Version : What are all the different weapon procs and what do they do?

gwippy
07-28-2010, 12:58 AM
Just curious might make my choice for weapons a bit better

bmc85uk
07-28-2010, 06:32 AM
Good shout, I don't know many of the procs also, any old school people who can fill the gaps?

My knowledge is pretty limited :o

Spears/Tridents - Armour break
Dark weapons - Nightmare
Plasma swords - Lightning
All blasters(?) - Lightning
Daggers - Bleed DoT
Hammers - Stun

Lightning/Nightmare - Armour debuff
Fire - Fire damage(over time?)
Ice - Freeze

Royce
07-28-2010, 06:51 AM
Most procs coincide with a skill from one of the classes.
Lightning (plasma swords), break armor (spears and tridents), and nightmare (some dark weapons) all seem to be armor debuffs.
Fire damage does seem to do damage over time, but like bmc I'm not certain (might be just 1 time damage added on top of weapon damage).
Freeze freezes ;)
Bleed (daggers) causes damage over time.
Stun (hammers, etc) causes temporary incapacitation
There are others, but that's all I can think of right now.

bmc85uk
07-28-2010, 07:14 AM
Forgot about dark weapons :o didn't know about bleed/stun on daggers/hammers, also, any idea if proc strength increases with weapon level?

I'll edit my original post with the extras...

EDIT: does lightning/ice on weapons also cause damage?
EDIT: if anyone's online now I'm happy to come test in PvP

gwippy
07-28-2010, 06:13 PM
cool thanks for your help :)

Snakespeare
07-28-2010, 06:22 PM
What about combos? Can weapon procs be combo'd with skills?

i.e. Can I Stomp when I see my Frosty Axe cause the bad guy to freeze?

gwippy
07-29-2010, 08:25 PM
i pretty sure combos work with proc's because yesterday i was using dark wand and everytime i proc'ed the bear in the party cast scream and the terror combo activated

TheJpawn
08-12-2010, 07:50 AM
What is a "proc" also another question. What does dps stand for? Damage per second?

Royce
08-12-2010, 08:34 AM
What is a "proc" also another question. What does dps stand for? Damage per second?

A proc is basically an extra effect that a weapon had in addition to it's regular damage. DPS is damage per second and is calculated from average damage and weapon speed.

killstufff
01-22-2011, 01:51 PM
so a frozen mace procs freeze? although it doesnt state that it procs? i noticed some items state "procs nightmare" and etc. and others just have witty statements or something like "a frozen sword" . so these still proc though not firmly stating procs? i have a pink frozen mace that i haven't seen any freeze procs during solos etc.

Royce
01-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Hardly any weapons state their proc. Darkblades are the only ones I can think of that tell you their proc in the description. Not all frozen weapons have a freeze proc. You just have to test them out ;)

KrachenVogel
01-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Search for weapon proc index:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?9730-Weapon-proc-index.&highlight=ignores+armor

Royce
01-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Search for weapon proc index:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?9730-Weapon-proc-index.&highlight=ignores+armor

Yeah that's still the best list out there but it's a bit out of date and not complete, so it's still good to just try stuff out ;)

killstufff
01-23-2011, 01:17 PM
ok that helps thanks!!!

killstufff
01-23-2011, 01:18 PM
oh we should work on adding confirmed proc-ing items to that list!!! it could help the in game economical value of some misunderstood items!