PDA

View Full Version : I'll probably regret asking this.

adidaman
01-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Ok, so when people ask or beg for gold, I'm usually the first person who has something to say about it. What I'm asking for here, IS NOT BEGGING. It is a loan, which will be payed back the second I am able to get decent drops or something worth value. I'm going to bring up the cliche "I gave away all my stuff and ended up coming back", because that is actually what happened. I'm looking for a loan of about 1.5mil, or enough to buy a crafted Orlok shield and plate. If you want to flame this thread, be my guest, but I'm honestly just looking for a loan, which will be paid back. Thanks for reading, and I'm sorry I had to make this thread.

P.S- Please do not tell me to "farm for it" because that's exactly what ive been doing for the past month with no luck. Thanks

ZHEOTARE
01-27-2012, 12:04 PM
I'm honestly not flaming here, but do have a question. Why are you asking for a loan for the two most expensive pieces in that set?? Why can't you use the cheaper items??

adidaman
01-27-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm honestly not flaming here, but do have a question. Why are you asking for a loan for the two most expensive pieces in that set?? Why can't you use the cheaper items??

Those are fair questions. The reason is that I got the helm and sword as a gift from my friend a while back, and I wish to complete the set. My reasoning for the second question would be that I have been using parts of the "of the dead" set for a long time, and I wish to have it upgraded.

Zeus
01-27-2012, 02:58 PM
I can loan you the gold, contact me on Apollo or Zeus.

StompArtist
01-27-2012, 02:59 PM
So wait. You want a loan on 1.5mil and have not been able to gather the money in a month of playing? How long is that loan for? :D

(Sorry could not resist)

Sryyoulose
01-27-2012, 03:06 PM
How long is the loan and what intrest or no intrest! And one more thing this would be easy scam! Sam says if you any see it don't trade it! And I don't see anything coming from your end!

Whirlzap
01-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Not trying to troll but some valid reasons that COULD make you seem non-legit:
1. Impossible for one to farm 1 month (720 hours) and get nothing. Refer to my farming guide or try SSC.
2. Why not try for some simple less expensive things until you have enough money?
3. Why not ask your "friend" who gave you the items for gold instead of the two items?
4. Why not sell the items for gold?
5. Again, 100% IMPOSSIBLE to farm for one month anywhere and get no pinks.
6. Why so suddenly sucked into asking for a loan when you are against begging for gold?
7. Why quit in the first place....
8. Why didn't you give your helm and sword away, since you stated you gave all your things away?

As you can see, lot of things to ponder 'bout.

Rare
01-27-2012, 03:23 PM
1. Impossible for one to farm 1 month (720 hours) and get nothing. Refer to my farming guide or try SSC.
2. Why not try for some simple less expensive things until you have enough money?
3. Why not ask your "friend" who gave you the items for gold instead of the two items?
6. Why so suddenly sucked into asking for a loan when you are against begging for gold?
8. Why didn't you give your helm and sword away, since you stated you gave all your things away?

Definitely not true. I've gone longer than that without getting anything with real value. Of course, if you play 8 hours a day its less likely than if you play 2 hours a day. I haven't had a decent valuable drop in almost a month now. I'm guessing he didn't mean a month in game.

Think he already addressed that.

The other two items are not that valuable and wouldn't even get you enough for one of the other pieces.

See #1

I thought he said they were given to him.

Battlelock
01-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Ok, so when people ask or beg for gold, I'm usually the first person who has something to say about it. What I'm asking for here, IS NOT BEGGING. It is a loan, which will be payed back the second I am able to get decent drops or something worth value. I'm going to bring up the cliche "I gave away all my stuff and ended up coming back", because that is actually what happened. I'm looking for a loan of about 1.5mil, or enough to buy a crafted Orlok shield and plate. If you want to flame this thread, be my guest, but I'm honestly just looking for a loan, which will be paid back. Thanks for reading, and I'm sorry I had to make this thread.

P.S- Please do not tell me to "farm for it" because that's exactly what ive been doing for the past month with no luck. Thanks

I'll loan you a full set if you want or pieces? Don't wanna sell it but I'd be more than happy to loan you it for awhile. No biggie here. Use it while u farm for it. I use sanguine most the time anyways. Except for Floor 3, ouch!

PM me or add me in game.

Battlelock.

Battlelock
01-27-2012, 03:32 PM

Dude. You obviously didn't read his entire post. Try helping once in a while rather than always being a ... ... ... ... swell guy 0.o

As you can see, lots & lots of things you missed. lmao.

adidaman
01-27-2012, 04:13 PM
To my trolls, it's fair play. To all the people who are willing to help me, thanks a lot (: To battlelock or Apollo, let me know when your going to be on to discuss this more just so I have an idea. And one more thing, to the guy who told me after 720 hours it's impossible to get nothing. Did I say I'm on 24 hours a day? :p

Swimmingstar
01-27-2012, 04:28 PM
To my trolls, it's fair play. To all the people who are willing to help me, thanks a lot (: To battlelock or Apollo, let me know when your going to be on to discuss this more just so I have an idea. And one more thing, to the guy who told me after 720 hours it's impossible to get nothing. Did I say I'm on 24 hours a day? :p

I would suggest one or the other... the loan of gold is good enough... you don't need 1 and a half set. And uh since this loan is out of trade window, if you scam, you're probably going to get banned so don't try scamming either. Sorry, just saying.

adidaman
01-27-2012, 04:33 PM
?????
I was going to talk to either of them, and choose whether to go for the loan or borrowing the set (I was leaning on borrowing the set.). And what is that about scamming? When did I even mention the word scamming?

Swimmingstar
01-27-2012, 04:34 PM
?????
I was going to talk to either of them, and choose whether to go for the loan or borrowing the set (I was leaning on borrowing the set.). And what is that about scamming? When did I even mention the word scamming?

Just saying...

adidaman
01-27-2012, 04:37 PM
?????

Just saying...

Apollo and battlelock have both known me for quite a while, and they both know (at least I hope they know) that I have no intent to scam anyone nor would I ever scam anyone. Thank you for your input though...

ninjaduck
01-27-2012, 04:38 PM
What about this.... 1.5 mil is going to be spent on items, yet you cannot make money in 1 month. I see alot of trust on Apollos and Battlelocks side...

OvigorothO
01-27-2012, 04:41 PM
I do not recomend spending this money...weeks from now you will find these items at half the price....you will also lose interest in the items by then...(content update)

StompArtist
01-27-2012, 04:41 PM
That is all between adidaman and whoever is willing to loan him stuff/cash. On the previous post I was just yanking his chain...

I mean maybe he will run with the cash or maybe he won't but if the person doing the loan is willing to live with that, it's all good. Scamming would require a clear attempt at lying/misleading. I do not think that asking someone can you loan me cash until I can repay you is a scam... just a request for a favor.

adidaman
01-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Ok I really don't like where this thread is heading. I simply asked for a loan, and a few people were nice enough to offer to help. If you guys would please stop trolling my thread, it would be appreciated. Apollo and battlelock know what they are doing (or would not have offered in the first place), so please if you have nothing productive to add do not post on this thread. I don't want a flame war and I don't want a lock.

Thanks

Whirlzap
01-27-2012, 04:43 PM

Definitely not true. I've gone longer than that without getting anything with real value. Of course, if you play 8 hours a day its less likely than if you play 2 hours a day. I haven't had a decent valuable drop in almost a month now. I'm guessing he didn't mean a month in game.
2 hours a day results in 30x2 which is 60 hours.
Farm for 60 hours at Sandstone Caves, Underground Desert or Magic Rocks.
I will give you 1million if you get no pinks.
Impossible to not get a pink in one month, even if you spend 2 hours a day.

Think he already addressed that.
If he really has no money, he should stick to getting some cheaper pink gear and earn his items back himself instead of asking the community if he wanted to be hardcore. But then again, not everyone is hardcore.
And also, crafted and Of the Dead is a very slight difference, unless you PvP.
I think he should focus on being to run dungeons instead of PvPing ATM.
I use Of the Fang on my mage and I still win most PvP fights and manage very nicely, with or without a vanity set.

The other two items are not that valuable and wouldn't even get you enough for one of the other pieces.
As stated in my earlier argument, no need for such expansive equipment, IMO.

See #1
Go to Skeller Krunch Returns. You will get a pink under 30 minutes of farming, 100% sure.

I thought he said they were given to him.
Given to him, by his friend, and as he stated, SOME TIME AGO.
This is BEFORE he "quit" and gave his items away.

@Battlelock: I have all my evidence.
And also, I help when I want to.
Last of all, I read all entire posts.

@Atlannie:
I posted my replies in bold.

Whirlzap
01-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Ok I really don't like where this thread is heading. I simply asked for a loan, and a few people were nice enough to offer to help. If you guys would please stop trolling my thread, it would be appreciated. Apollo and battlelock know what they are doing (or would not have offered in the first place), so please if you have nothing productive to add do not post on this thread. I don't want a flame war and I don't want a lock.

Thanks
I've no intention to flame. Just stating some reasons as to why you should edit up your post.
I obviously have seen others go through being hacked, and I fully believe you when you say you gave your items away.
Perhaps I'll give a donation if I can finish funding my gold caps.

adidaman
01-27-2012, 04:52 PM
I appreciate the offer whirl, but I'm not taking donations. I'm only asking for a loan. Thanks though

Rare
01-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Perhaps I'll give a donation if I can finish funding my gold caps.

aww how generous.

CrimsonTider
01-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Oh dear good grief....

The man asked for a loan, clearly stated he would pay it back, and all members involved are well known comunity members. If you don't have anything to add to the thread which is useful, then just let him and those who wish to deal with/help him carry on. If it turns out to be a "scam", pretty sure there is enough here to get him in trouble.

Peace.

Redbridge
01-27-2012, 06:52 PM
I appreciate the offer whirl, but I'm not taking donations. I'm only asking for a loan. Thanks though

Hey adidaman, Ill be honest I don't see the problem others have. You stated your case, you were transparent and explained your reasoning. I'm SRINGY... and if I knew ya well enough to trust ya I'd probably loan ya, so suspect others need to do the same and state their case in a friendly manner or leave other peoples threads alone.

Disagreeing is fine but rudeness simply isn't acceptable...

adidaman
01-27-2012, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the back up guys...

XghostzX
01-27-2012, 11:45 PM
So wait. You want a loan on 1.5mil and have not been able to gather the money in a month of playing? How long is that loan for? :D

(Sorry could not resist)

What I was going to ask xD

zeusabe
01-28-2012, 05:59 AM
If I may suggest, I think you might want to reconsider your request. First reason, it's safe to assume that the new map campaign is on its way...if we follow the 3 month interval which was stated on record by game devs then that's going to be sometime mid Feb...Recently, I've seen several posts expressing opinions on the possibility of delaying the release of the next campaign in lieu of better content, but the 3 month interval was never recalled by any Dev after Mt. Fang release, so it is logical, at this point that nothing official has been said, to believe that mid Feb is the safest assumption, now that a reasonable timeline has been established, it's not feasible for you to borrow money to purchase depreciated items unless you have an upcoming tournament that you need to participate in (which was never mentioned in your post). Second reason, it's general knowledge that the moment a new map campaign is released the drop rate shoots up for that map campaign to allow players to enjoy the new content, that being said, hypothetically, a player doesn't need a huge amount of gold if he can farm premium pinks for him/her to use or for trade later on to earn significant gold (Hint: I traded all my first-few-days Mt. Fang loots to purchase my existing sets, minimal gold usage if you think about it, but that's just me, that's why hypothetical). What I'm saying is gold is merely an issue of timing and a means to get items, work smart not hard kind of cliche. The items you should be aiming for are not the current and depreciated ones but rather the upcoming ones, which can be farmed at a high rate. I believe that is a better alternative since loans in any form of society is never a good thing especially when it's person to person, trust is an overrated agreement, there have been cases where it's been broken by greater men so it's not admissible that just because both parties are well known then it is the best alternative, it is still the internet. Basically, if you don't agree with me, I will submit a broader suggestion and that is to exhaust all your options first because loans has always been identified as a man's last card in its simplest form (of course in business that's another case), and I just stated above that it's not :D

roxxane
01-28-2012, 07:15 AM
He never payback just like real life

nmyxspaceship
01-28-2012, 10:51 AM
Lol Apollo is awesome. I do hope this doesn't become a usual thing on the forums though.

Swimmingstar
01-28-2012, 12:09 PM
Lol Apollo is awesome. I do hope this doesn't become a usual thing on the forums though.

I'm gonna see what happens when I give my stuff away and take a break and come back. :D

Jk

Zeus
01-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Im on right now if you need it. If not, my playing hours are 10-12 PST.

Cytokinesis
01-28-2012, 05:01 PM
He never payback just like real life

adidaman
01-28-2012, 05:17 PM
All trolls can leave my thread now, got my loan. Thanks Apollo~

Rare
01-28-2012, 05:25 PM
?????

Just saying...

I think you're saying too much. He wad pretty straight forward with his request. Give the man some slack here.

Rare
01-28-2012, 05:28 PM
Edit: dead thread

Sahandlali1
01-28-2012, 05:39 PM
It's a lot. If I had it I wouldn't exactly give it but I would lend you a certain amount,is that good?

Zeus
01-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Guys, it's his decision and I trust him, as I would trust most formers. If money is lost, that was my decision, thus my fault. I don't understand why everybody is involving themselves. We all require money at some point in our lives/gaming career (reference can be applied to both).

It's just a simple request that has been granted, not really something worth starting a flame war over.