PDA

View Full Version : Spawn Locations in PvP

NukeDragon
04-20-2020, 08:03 AM
I would like to bring up the rising concern of Spawning in PvP.

Several have brought this issue up and I would like this to get fixed. I will be making a youtube video basically of me dying over and over, to show how the spawns will be right on top of the enemy. This basically gives the enemy an upper hand in PvP.

My suggestion to fix this is to make a spawn safe zone. Similar to capture the flag, but in PvP arenas. Maybe make some special area where the enemy cannot go to, like at a 14m distance so you cannot be attacked immediately upon spawn.

I personally choose to play on the Forest Fight map, but having one like this with these changes might be a good integration and way to fix spawns.

Zaprodanej
04-20-2020, 09:06 AM

Several have brought this issue up and I would like this to get fixed. I will be making a youtube video basically of me dying over and over, to show how the spawns will be right on top of the enemy. This basically gives the enemy an upper hand in PvP.

My suggestion to fix this is to make a spawn safe zone. Similar to capture the flag, but in PvP arenas. Maybe make some special area where the enemy cannot go to, like at a 14m distance so you cannot be attacked immediately upon spawn.

I personally choose to play on the Forest Fight map, but having one like this with these changes might be a good integration and way to fix spawns.

I dont think that there should be some spawn areas, cuz the enemy team will go to the spawn spot and do this all over again. All we need is the old spawns, because these "new super FFA areas" are not even good for ffa.
I heard the reason why this was made, but lets be honest, who asked for new spawns if the other spawns worked for years.

NukeDragon
04-20-2020, 09:14 AM
I dont think that there should be some spawn areas, cuz the enemy team will go to the spawn spot and do this all over again. All we need is the old spawns, because these "new super FFA areas" are not even good for ffa.
I heard the reason why this was made, but lets be honest, who asked for new spawns if the other spawns worked for years.

I also said that the enemy could not come within 14m of the area of spawn. This way it doesn't happen.

Tpfelblatt
04-20-2020, 10:52 AM
I just want the old DM spawns back. A safe area like in CTF is unrealistic and potentially toxic for the game.

Old spawns spawned you in 1 of 5 spots on the map, with the condition that the spawn was farther away than 12m from any enemy player. This prevented opposing players to spawn on top of each other.

The current spawns spawn you semi-random in 1 of 5 spots on the map. This feature(?) alone wins games for a player/team. It's incredibly stupid. Especially, because there were and are tournaments going on with whatever this is.

Waug
04-20-2020, 11:13 AM
Just restore the old spwan algorithm, that was perfect.

And ya this should be fixed ASAP.

holdmytalons
04-20-2020, 01:36 PM

I personally choose to play on the Forest Fight map, but having one like this with these changes might be a good integration and way to fix spawns.Just needs to go back to the old spawn system

NukeDragon
04-20-2020, 03:18 PM
I just want the old DM spawns back. A safe area like in CTF is unrealistic and potentially toxic for the game.

Old spawns spawned you in 1 of 5 spots on the map, with the condition that the spawn was farther away than 12m from any enemy player. This prevented opposing players to spawn on top of each other.

The current spawns spawn you semi-random in 1 of 5 spots on the map. This feature(?) alone wins games for a player/team. It's incredibly stupid. Especially, because there were and are tournaments going on with whatever this is.

Just restore the old spwan algorithm, that was perfect.

And ya this should be fixed ASAP.

Just needs to go back to the old spawn system

Seems like many would agree that the old spawns were better.

Spullllll
04-20-2020, 05:26 PM
Old spawns definitely were better than the random ones now

XghostzX
04-20-2020, 08:25 PM
Bring back them old spawns :D

3pc
04-23-2020, 11:21 AM
Never understood why the spawns were changed in the first place lol it's not like anyone wanted it to be.

MageFFA
04-23-2020, 11:53 AM
Never understood why the spawns were changed in the first place lol it's not like anyone wanted it to be.

I think it was to encourage more FFAs. I'd prefer to be able to spawn on uncontested teammates but eh. That would be too broken for CTF.