PDA

View Full Version : We seeing less dual specs...

Whirlzap
01-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Finally seems as if pure is the best build for each class now.
I mean pure INT is good. Pure STR is good. Pure DEX is good.
I'm seeing less and less different specs.
Any comments as to why this is happening?
It could be because the Mount Fang sets lean towards pure specs.

And to think people called pure INT "underadvantaged" and "weak" during sewer ages.
The irony. Half of 'em are pure INT now.

Sryyoulose
01-27-2012, 03:09 PM
I'm dual spEc all the way from 40 to 65... Been this way since sewers! Even before stats were lowered for really easy dual specs!

Gaunab
01-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Well, intmages already have 100 crit buffed, and the skilldamage of full int is insane, so there is no reason to invest any points in dex. Also, dexmages have weak armor, less ms and propably not much more damage, only an increased range (with xbow). Same for Dexbears, they go down fairly quickly.
That 90% of all mages are pure int with wand is only a further prove how unbalanced the sets are, i quite liked having some varience...

Birds have always been most efficient as pure Dex. And there is quite an amount of warbirds who also think they got skills by blasting through everything with their 75 dodge and 230+ armor...

And the Strenght set is also fairly strong with a nice amount of dodge and some crit, and the possible hit % for strbears increases by every campaign.

Few thing I'd like to be different next campaign:

- fewer crit/dmg to intmages, slightly less armor. Also, the dodge is annoying :P
- Dex definitly need a boost in eg crit, also to make dexbears/mages more viable again.
- Str...hmm, its hard. Its op on birds, but alright for bears. I think the dodge needs to be reduced. And maybe lower ms, that wouldn't bother a bear but scare off birds? Than the Pallies would suffer too tho >.< Hmm

PL Playa
01-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Shucks I'm an INT Mage, that's why I die so frequently in PvP! Jk I just haven't done it enough, and in reality the lower levels still have tons of dex bears for PvP just cause the mages don't have buffs yet and birds don't have the one hit combo yet

brodiniozo
01-29-2012, 03:31 AM
Ur right gau only newbs play wb!!! ;-)

Sent from my awesome Galaxy Note using TapaTalk

Gaunab
01-29-2012, 09:47 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying every warbird is unskilled.
But it is very easy to win 1-1 with only very limited experience/talent.
Its just about getting the opponent rooted and the still insane skilldmg is doing the rest, while the dodge, regen and armor keep you alive and ruin the whole combo of the opponent. I tried it before, and its not very hard. Thats why many 'newbs' use it, an easy way to looking successful.
On the other hand, there are some truely skilled birds, who become utter beasts using this set.
Not quite sure what kind you belong to..... :P

Riccits
01-29-2012, 12:19 PM
Well, intmages already have 100 crit buffed, and the skilldamage of full int is insane, so there is no reason to invest any points in dex. Also, dexmages have weak armor, less ms and propably not much more damage, only an increased range (with xbow). Same for Dexbears, they go down fairly quickly.
That 90% of all mages are pure int with wand is only a further prove how unbalanced the sets are, i quite liked having some varience...

Birds have always been most efficient as pure Dex. And there is quite an amount of warbirds who also think they got skills by blasting through everything with their 75 dodge and 230+ armor...

And the Strenght set is also fairly strong with a nice amount of dodge and some crit, and the possible hit % for strbears increases by every campaign.

- fewer crit/dmg to intmages, slightly less armor. Also, the dodge is annoying :P
- Dex definitly need a boost in eg crit, also to make dexbears/mages more viable again.
- Str...hmm, its hard. Its op on birds, but alright for bears. I think the dodge needs to be reduced. And maybe lower ms, that wouldn't bother a bear but scare off birds? Than the Pallies would suffer too tho >.< Hmm

you said what i would say now :)

Swimmingstar
01-29-2012, 02:12 PM

I think everything is fine now...

Bears got the hit they needed.
Mages got the armor.
And birds got the damage.

OvigorothO
01-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Recently made a warbird for 30-35 pvp and its rlly dominating. Am i included in ur stereotype? :)

Apostel
01-30-2012, 05:38 PM
Recently made a warbird for 30-35 pvp and its rlly dominating. Am i included in ur stereotype? :)

Does it has any connections to a lately publicated guide?;3

AbsolutePally
01-30-2012, 06:14 PM
I think everything is fine now...

Bears got the hit they needed.
Mages got the armor.
And birds got the damage.

Bears rely on the dex, ring, and face for hit, not pure str. Unlike their dex/int counterparts. mages dont need more armor w shield and BOV. Birds have double now, but thats temporary, so they did not infact get what they need. In fact their crit has been signicifantlly reduced since 55 cap which is ok but it didnt keep up with the other sets.
When bears can go pure str (all str no dex) and clear a room/game in one combo then itll be even.

Xazic
01-30-2012, 08:08 PM
I'd say pures are good but nothing beats a person who has skills, no matter what class/build :untroubled:

BTW I'm returning to endgame PvP with the Humania cap! *hurraayyy*

Zapoke
01-30-2012, 08:24 PM
When bears can go pure str (all str no dex) and clear a room/game in one combo then itll be even.

When this happens, I'll fall out of my chair in shock.

brodiniozo
01-31-2012, 04:40 AM
BTW I'm returning to endgame PvP with the Humania cap! *hurraayyy*

http://img.tapatalk.com/53fd705b-b714-201e.jpg

AbsolutePally
01-31-2012, 05:08 AM
Double lol @ Zapoke and Brods posts

Xazic
01-31-2012, 07:02 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/53fd705b-b714-201e.jpg

Made me lol

Sryyoulose
02-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Haha I'm not the only one who dropped out of endgame pvp and is rejoining in humania! XD

Zapoke
02-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Haha I'm not the only one who dropped out of endgame pvp and is rejoining in humania! XD

I drop out of endgame every level cap, and come back for a few days. Just to leave again. I really hate how much you need to dedicate to endgame PvP to be "pro." No, it's not really about how good the player is. I'm a good elf player. I beat most people on my elf twinks. But when I play the same people at endgame (elf vs elf), I lose. Why? Because I don't spend an insane amount of money/plat on crafted gear. Because I don't spend 200 plat on getting elite cap, or have the desire to spend hours upon hours towards getting the vanities. Wether people want to admit it or not, you need the vanities to beat most people. Oops, I just ranted. :shame:
Good luck, and have fun, with endgame. I'll stick to the better balanced twink PvP. Lol.

Twinklaser
02-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Pure Spec characters usually die easily in pvp unless you put all in dex. Dexchantresses are quite formidable compared to nuke mages as the weapon damage easily makes up for the loss of int therefore having around the same skill damage. Plus dexchantresses has higher dps but low mana regen.