PDA

View Full Version : Who's in favor of abolishing the Reputation system?

Ebalere
01-27-2012, 05:19 PM
I am, and here's why..

-People thank their friends, no matter the post. Rep system isn't supposed to be a popularity contest.

-Some people are starting to get full of themselves because they have more bars, even though the system is skewed. (See first point)

-Leads to lazily written guides etc, in an attempt to earn more thanks.

-People are asking in game to thumbs up their posts, and asking in their sigs as well.

-I believe it is contributing to forum spam.

-You can't see it on the mobile or Tapatalk apps anyway, which I'm sure half or more of us use.

-The same goes for having post count ranks, people just post useless spam and pointless threads to boost their count.

I feel that systems such as rep and post count are like the leaderboards in PL, yeah there's a few that earned it, but the majority are just boosting. Kinda like "grinding" the forums like Plasma Pyramid, looking for thanks and anywhere they can fit their posts in, regardless if the topics been answered 15 times.

I mean, this is a forum for an MMO, every one of us are used to doing repetitive tasks for a gain in rank, it's what PL and SL and MMO's in general are all about. People are treating forums like leveling in my opinion.

If we got rid of the system, I can pretty much guarantee the amount of spam, topics with 15 replies when the first one was all the OP needed, and this "I'm better than you because I have 2 green bars and you have 1!" kind of attitude some people are displaying.

Please consider returning the forums to their former glory, the way they are going now is very depressing.

JaytB
01-27-2012, 05:21 PM
I agree. Everything that helps keeping nonsense of the forums should be considered IMO :)

dugantale
01-27-2012, 05:22 PM
I am I think its out of control

Ardon
01-27-2012, 05:26 PM
I thanked all the posts before me.

I see no use of a rep system. If you deserve a good rep people will know you by name. Not this silly rep bar and thanks number

Ebalere
01-27-2012, 05:27 PM
I thanked all the posts before me.

I see no use of a rep system. If you deserve a good rep people will know you by name. Not this silly rep bar and thanks number

Preach it brotha! I just thanked everyone too, yay, rep goes up for agreeing with me! That'll let a new forum goer know who is reputable and who isn't, LOL

Paar
01-27-2012, 05:29 PM
I second this Notion! Agreed + 1 Eb(; if you get the joke.

Slant
01-27-2012, 05:30 PM
lol
I like the thanks system as it saves a bunch of "ty" and "yw" posts, and dont think anyone cares except those who posted and those who thanksed

Ebalere
01-27-2012, 05:31 PM
everyone likes to have green glowing balls

O.O

Slant
01-27-2012, 05:32 PM
^oh lol quick

Ebalere
01-27-2012, 05:37 PM
lol
I like the thanks system as it saves a bunch of "ty" and "yw" posts, and dont think anyone cares except those who posted and those who thanksed

I agree on that point, I generally use thanks to agree with someone or thank them, but I post and thank people and still don't care. But some do, just look around. It's the people that think it makes them a better forumer or better than others that make these forums cluttered with spam, useless info, etc. Trying to boost their count.

dugantale
01-27-2012, 05:39 PM
It is a good way to save the ty and yw post but y do ppl have to rub it in others faces?

maiohwmai
01-27-2012, 05:47 PM
I agree.

Shoot, just the other day I got called out for having a low thanks count compared to another "respected" user.

Snakespeare
01-27-2012, 05:52 PM
I'm OK with it. I didn't have much for a while, then I started to be more active and it went up. After I started blogging it went up more. So from my personal experience it seems to go up when you do more.

I really don't care if it's here or not. I'll keep doing what I do either way.

Kakatoa91
01-27-2012, 05:52 PM
*Raise hand in favor for abolishing*

Not much to add.
:)

Silentarrow
01-27-2012, 05:53 PM
I don't mind it, it doesn't really proove anything. I know a persons rep by how they act; not by a bar.

ZHEOTARE
01-27-2012, 06:09 PM
I agreeit should go away, along with post count. I've seen more people in favor of this, in various threads, for awhile now.

Lowlyspy
01-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Im all for it, I prefer my mental rep system anyway. Don't need any green bars or a post count to tell if someone is a good, helpful person.

I vote ay

Suentous PO
01-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Agreed, end the fraking spamm...