PDA

View Full Version : What have been your most favourite/detested real/fictional items/rumours?

Redbridge
01-28-2012, 04:04 AM
Following on from the many threads recently about a certain 2h item, I was wondering.

What is/are your most fondly remembered items/rumours in the history of PL. It's been an eventful 22months(ish) on the forums and they have been filled with some of the most memorable fun and sometimes annoying things. Include SL if u fancy.

This is a blast from the past thread not a flaming or discussion thread so take your negativity somewhere else if you aren't interested in simply adding fun stuff to the list. Ta

My favourites;

Using mana shield on keeper makes the world implode and other false mana shield rumours
The recent 2h item, only because of the reaction of some ppl, as it's not even that epic, sry Bronx.
The 1 handed gurgox hammer was fun whilst it lasted.
The droid costume, simply the most epic item in game, IMHO.
Wearing 2h items and vanity shields, gutted it was nerfd but understand why.

EDIT: It has been highlighted to me that someone thought the above meant I owned an android costume. I don't but would consider giving my children away for one.. Tough call.. Is that wrong? Lol

Skeletonlord
01-28-2012, 04:20 AM
Did you get the droid costume? Lucky! My favourite was when I reserved my name for Star Legends and got my holoshield!

Buddyf97
01-28-2012, 12:21 PM
My favorite rumor was when the Shock lances came out at cap 45! There was a rumor flying around that there was a Thoth shock lance that has only dropped a few times. I remember people trying to buy them for 2m when a regular shock lance was ~500k

NECROREAPER
01-28-2012, 04:08 PM
Mine was that shadow caves were dropping pinks like crazy (which turned out to be true) and the mad dash that ensued of everyone trying to farm it. That's the busiest I've ever seen shadow caves before.

Oh, we'll that and the (not so elusive anymore) elusive Vyxnaar hate helm.

adidaman
01-28-2012, 04:15 PM
The 1h gurgox hammer.

Redbridge
01-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Just remembered Meathead deli farming for flame rabbit ears as that's where I thought they dropped until confirmation they had dropped all over the place from different bosses....

oxy
01-28-2012, 08:14 PM
Most epic for me was when i got green ice item and eaven wasnt farming for it... i think i was running that boss for the 1 st time when it droped..

DanielRH
01-29-2012, 11:16 AM
Mine was the rumor that kite shields did not drop anymore, so they started selling for 4mil a pop... sold many a kite shield to those barragebros :-)

nmyxspaceship
01-29-2012, 11:20 AM
Mine is the tradable cyber armor that Yanis supposedely has:D

dudetus
01-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Well I loved the times when we still were able to play with the Oyster class in a closed beta until that one update accidently sweeped the beta...

Swimmingstar
01-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Well I loved the times when we still were able to play with the Oyster class in a closed beta until that one update accidently sweeped the beta...

I'll show you my 10 crafted oyster sets.

RedRyder
01-29-2012, 09:33 PM
The Null weapon (I think that was the name?) it was basically a huge block. It said null or someone across it, and was a glitch or something. There's a picture somewhere and it's real. I think there was only one but there were always rumors on where/how to get one lol

Roc
01-29-2012, 09:37 PM
"Trade me your hat," says person. I say it's a plat item and I can't trade it. "You're lying. I saw it in the CS. Trade." I then politely inform them that I cannot, even if I wanted to, trade them the vanity. "Liar. Reported." -facepalm- I think I know if I can trade my hat or not :distrust: Of course this happens across multiple people so often that I think there is a rumor to hunt me down and ask me about head gear :worked_till_5am:

Cahaun
01-29-2012, 09:53 PM
"Trade me your hat," says person. I say it's a plat item and I can't trade it. "You're lying. I saw it in the CS. Trade." I then politely inform them that I cannot, even if I wanted to, trade them the vanity. "Liar. Reported." -facepalm- I think I know if I can trade my hat or not :distrust: Of course this happens across multiple people so often that I think there is a rumor to hunt me down and ask me about about head gear :worked_till_5am:
Lol what vanity was it? Can I have it it? Trade.

Jk ;)

Roc
01-29-2012, 10:31 PM
It alternates among my Witch Hat, White Rabbit Ears, and Little Love...why in the world would anyone think those are trade-able because the only thing remotely close to something in the CS is the flame/ice/bone rabbit ears and those don't let you launch little eggs! *sigh*

Silentarrow
01-29-2012, 10:36 PM
I remember the Keeper rumor :). I can't believe I fell for that!

WoundedEagle
01-29-2012, 10:37 PM
I still think its funny that people think Level 1 Broken Sword is discontinued. Lol

Piosidon
01-29-2012, 10:41 PM
I miss the old FH. First level was a lovely chat room for me.

WoundedEagle
01-29-2012, 10:43 PM
I miss the old FH. First level was a lovely chat room for me.

I remember that!!!!!!!!!1!1!11!!!

Oh and I remember hearing about the elixir stack thing after the day it happened lol

Swimmingstar
01-29-2012, 10:43 PM
The rumor that you could pop the balloon.

Apocolypze
01-29-2012, 11:35 PM
The rumor that you could pop the balloon.
lol good times

Redbridge
02-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Would have made sense to pop balloons during party events......lol

Not sure popping people's pet balloons would go down well.

Swimmingstar
02-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Would have made sense to pop balloons during party events......lol

Not sure popping people's pet balloons would go down well.

You know the balloons from 1 year PL anniversary? Those were the balloons I was talking about. The ones you could target...

Redbridge
02-01-2012, 06:19 PM
You know the balloons from 1 year PL anniversary? Those were the balloons I was talking about. The ones you could target...

Yep, remember them. I agree seemed strange you could target and fire them, but they wouldn't pop. Missed opportunity.

KingFu
02-01-2012, 06:38 PM
The Null weapon (I think that was the name?) it was basically a huge block. It said null or someone across it, and was a glitch or something. There's a picture somewhere and it's real. I think there was only one but there were always rumors on where/how to get one lol

The default object that Kingrichie? It was a glitch Alien staff of Fate had.

Mine would be everyone thinking stashing the halloween costumes would allow you to keep them when the devs try and take em back.