PDA

View Full Version : what's up with the DL shield

ghost.mw
01-28-2012, 08:52 AM
What's that,is it a vanity because some people say it's not and some people say you get is as a drop from mount fang and I don't believe all this so how do we really get it if we could get it????

Skeletonlord
01-28-2012, 09:10 AM
firstly, i think the Dark Legends shield will be for Star legends, secondly, it cannot be possible to get one as a drop in Mount Fang because name reservations are not available yet.
Hope this answers your question!

Samhayne
01-28-2012, 09:13 AM
It is just a teaser of what's coming and to raise awareness for Dark Legends. We will have more details over the coming weeks.

Matutd
01-28-2012, 09:14 AM
The answer is... Nobody knows
The most likely answer is for name reservation, which will come to both pl and sl, if it's the same as sl name reservation, it will cost 50 plat, hopefully they make em stashable this time around

ninjaduck
01-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Can someone explain how the name reservation for SL worked? I dont understand how a shield is connected to a name reserve :confused:

Skeletonlord
01-28-2012, 09:53 AM
Can someone explain how the name reservation for SL worked? I dont understand how a shield is connected to a name reserve :confused:

You paid 50 platinum on Pocket Legends and got a white holoshield free. Then, when you opened Star Legends, you could use your PL name in Star Legends. This is so people cant use your name at all.

ninjaduck
01-28-2012, 10:09 AM

You paid 50 platinum on Pocket Legends and got a white holoshield free. Then, when you opened Star Legends, you could use your PL name in Star Legends.

So noone else can take your name? Is that the purpose?

Silentarrow
01-28-2012, 10:16 AM

Yes.

ninjaduck
01-28-2012, 10:30 AM

Ihavenokills
01-28-2012, 11:00 AM
...i'm taking the name 'ninjaduck' *evil laugh* muahahahaha

octavos
01-28-2012, 11:21 AM

Yes.

Well, if name reserves are in both games there might be an issue..IMO
(EG: say a pl toon called Joe is one person and joe in sl is a different person both reserved...there would be an issue)

But yes, someone in PL, took Octavos (lol impersonator..I dont care, i think its nice :p) but yea its not me...i had to create a toon in PL called octavoz.

Arterra
01-28-2012, 11:30 AM
im thinking that a shield of the likes we are likely to see is better than the teaser, much like you did for the SL reservation... oops mt fang nv xD
no wonder they are resorting to giving away the equivalent of a PL shield, they already used that theme

ghost.mw
01-28-2012, 02:00 PM

Yes.

Well, if name reserves are in both games there might be an issue..IMO
(EG: say a pl toon called Joe is one person and joe in sl is a different person both reserved...there would be an issue)

But yes, someone in PL, took Octavos (lol impersonator..I dont care, i think its nice :p) but yea its not me...i had to create a toon in PL called octavoz.
Good point but for every problem there is a solution

Skeokateva
01-31-2012, 01:49 AM
It is just a teaser of what's coming and to raise awareness for Dark Legends. We will have more details over the coming weeks.
As always your posts are too well placed! Bringing in the cool breeze with tidings of more deets on the horizon ;)

drewcapu
01-31-2012, 02:34 AM
Yeah, posted about this a few months ago...

Will they be done via PL or SL?

What if one person owns a name in PL and another owns it in SL but both are active? (not sure what the population of this scenario is, if any)

Things that make you go, "hmmm..."

If they do it for both games, it'll probably be a first come, first served basis.

Although I would have to say that, in most cases where one person has a particular name in PL and another person has it in SL, the one in PL has been inactive for a very long time.

Ebalere
01-31-2012, 08:16 AM
Yeah, posted about this a few months ago...

If they do it for both games, it'll probably be a first come, first served basis.

Although I would have to say that, in most cases where one person has a particular name in PL and another person has it in SL, the one in PL has been inactive for a very long time.

Kanital had his name taken in SL, though that's the only instance i can think of.

Onaraasider
02-06-2012, 09:33 PM
I reserved the name "edwardthevamp" wanted to reserve edward but someone took it already in PL,took a long time for me cuz all 20 plat from free offers,can't wait to see what shield we get or if we get DL sheild. :D