PDA

View Full Version : "Tanks" who don't know how to Tank!!!

Svzb
04-24-2020, 06:32 AM
Click bait post :p I know we have a vast number of people playing warriors these days. Including DPS classes switching to war to ‘try to tank’, especially in maps like infested. Now in my 6 years of having played this game and having been playing all three classes myself I have seen a lot of different kinds of warriors and tanks. I just want to learn of the experiences both good and bad that you might have had with players of this class. My purpose is to highlight what one might be doing wrong or right so others can learn too. I myself learnt a lot from my mistakes.
[NOTE] No ign should be mentioned if discussing about bad experiences. Good experiences can name the war in question if you wish to.

Encryptions
04-24-2020, 08:54 AM
Didn't understand what you were saying in the post at first. Thought it was another post to trash war class.
I can tell you, I have met so many warriors who don't know how to properly play maps so they would die every minute or have the wrong skill layout. If people message me in game or watch my YouTube videos (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX95k455jRAduQZ9bBamEfA) I can show them many tricks and strategies with warrior. I won't show any for swamp temple or elite gates.
-Removed my first post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiVNHVPrmGk\

Bundlos
04-24-2020, 10:44 AM
Honestly, warrior is the class I have had my worst PvE experiences with. Tanking or protecting a party used to be their primary role, but now things have changed with current gear dynamics turning warriors into a damage dealing class and in that instant there is complete disregard to the skills used. I'll state a few instances where I have seen them going wrong. In infested swamp, dying at boss curse can be evaded by timing charged heal if there is no glowstick in the party (but most don't know that or don't do that) and they are the first to die. In the current valley maps, they don't time heal appropriately as well or don't use taunt or don't even know how to taunt. They don't even bother to taunt the boss. If the boss is taunted then there is no scope of the DPS being hit by the fireball and dying, nor the need to use a AA for protecting self is required if it is done right. The one and only warrior whom I have seen doing the taunt perfectly is IGN Adaaaamm (don't know the exact spelling of his IGN, sorry). In deep marsh, I get that the ones using Glintstone set prefer to have their backs to the wall and axe the Shaman, but the ones who aren't using it and don't have the axe skill, they mostly fail to axe the boss, or randomly axe the boss to literally the bottom of the map and end up resetting it eventually. Or if there are multiple wars they keep using the skill like it's a tug of war between them (like you don't get to axe it, it's mine). It's a simple fact, if your character fights facing the Shaman during the first instance you launch your first attack, the boss stays hooked to the spot till you move your character a second time. During swamp temple, what can be worse than the warrior in the party dying first before the DPS in higher waves? That too when fully loaded with the latest gears. In maus, pulling a ton of mobs when they can't even handle it and then attacking the mages even if curse is active, on top of that using magma aa, and then complaining if they die (although it's a mistake other classes make too).

Just because one is geared, and now even deals damage does not mean that you should forget about your roots and not care if your party survives or dies. Although your thread title might have been click bait, but for me, any player can play a warrior but every warrior cannot be a tank. Oh, forgot the the most hilarious part. On forums most of them will make hate posts about rogues being the most OP and how they need a nerf, and those same people in game hunt the most damage dealing rogues to include in their party for faster runs, and leaving random maps if there is one more warrior in the same map as them thereby showing utter disregard to fellow players of their own class.

Mitsooos
04-24-2020, 11:18 AM
Honestly, warrior is the class I have had my worst PvE experiences with. Tanking or protecting a party used to be their primary role, but now things have changed with current gear dynamics turning warriors into a damage dealing class and in that instant there is complete disregard to the skills used. I'll state a few instances where I have seen them going wrong. In infested swamp, dying at boss curse can be evaded by timing charged heal if there is no glowstick in the party (but most don't know that or don't do that) and they are the first to die. In the current valley maps, they don't time heal appropriately as well or don't use taunt or don't even know how to taunt. They don't even bother to taunt the boss. If the boss is taunted then there is no scope of the DPS being hit by the fireball and dying, nor the need to use a AA for protecting self is required if it is done right. The one and only warrior whom I have seen doing the taunt perfectly is IGN Adaaaamm (don't know the exact spelling of his IGN, sorry). In deep marsh, I get that the ones using Glintstone set prefer to have their backs to the wall and axe the Shaman, but the ones who aren't using it and don't have the axe skill, they mostly fail to axe the boss, or randomly axe the boss to literally the bottom of the map and end up resetting it eventually. Or if there are multiple wars they keep using the skill like it's a tug of war between them (like you don't get to axe it, it's mine). It's a simple fact, if your character fights facing the Shaman during the first instance you launch your first attack, the boss stays hooked to the spot till you move your character a second time. During swamp temple, what can be worse than the warrior in the party dying first before the DPS in higher waves? That too when fully loaded with the latest gears. In maus, pulling a ton of mobs when they can't even handle it and then attacking the mages even if curse is active, on top of that using magma aa, and then complaining if they die (although it's a mistake other classes make too).

Just because one is geared, and now even deals damage does not mean that you should forget about your roots and not care if your party survives or dies. Although your thread title might have been click bait, but for me, any player can play a warrior but every warrior cannot be a tank. Oh, forgot the the most hilarious part. On forums most of them will make hate posts about rogues being the most OP and how they need a nerf, and those same people in game hunt the most damage dealing rogues to include in their party for faster runs, and leaving random maps if there is one more warrior in the same map as them thereby showing utter disregard to fellow players of their own class.

I have see what you say and im absolutely convinced that you don’t like the not use of horn of renew from some warriors.
But I think you have big expectations from other players when you played random.
For better results for team game you must be in pt with players you know how they act in any porpoise.
For me (mage) warriors are the best for team play. The rogues is absolutely useless and have ME bad experience playing together in pve .
You have said so much about how they use the wars their skill and is sounds great but you don’t tell to us what skills you use and what you do to support team.
Because me to I have see little amount of rogues using bomb or traps and many of them 3 or 4 attacking skill .

Mitsooos
04-24-2020, 11:26 AM
Actually the warriors is always the best class because when becoming powerful always stay and fighting with lower lvl and low gear players but the powerful rogue always go:( some mage go too .
The rogues is very high class I guess and don’t want to waste the elixirs XD

Encryptions
04-24-2020, 11:37 AM
Actually the warriors is always the best class because when becoming powerful always stay and fighting with lower lvl and low gear players but the powerful rogue always go:( some mage go too .
The rogues is very high class I guess and don’t want to waste the elixirs XDI always take lower levels into vardan gates and make them stand behind walls so they don't die and they get exp, gold, and items for me soloing the map.
100 waves is 20,000 exp for them. I got 36k pve kills in 2 days from doing it though. It is quite fun sometimes.

Kystone
04-24-2020, 12:27 PM
can't protect stupid people

Jairus980
04-24-2020, 01:51 PM

The rarest “item” nowadays is a player who knows how to play his/her own class and is not a useless burden on the entire team :p

//////11chars

snakeeyes
04-24-2020, 03:39 PM
Thats the result of balance the game all damager to unbalance the job of the class

snakeeyes
04-24-2020, 03:41 PM
Each class has a different job for the game but now its all gone

arcanefid
04-24-2020, 05:01 PM
Each class has a different job for the game but now its all gone

It's not gone. Just because tanks got a weapon that does good damage doesn't mean they're damage dealers. They're still tanks and most of their skills are for tanking purposes.

I think the most common mistake some warriors make is that they don't "waste" their skill points in taunt upgrades for Juggernaut and/or Horn of Renew.

Another common mistake is that they use Horn of Renew to recover their health and never check how the party is doing.

So yeah, it's good to have 5/5 on both Juggernaut and Horn of Renew, and use Horn when the party needs it, not when you get scratched.

snakeeyes
04-24-2020, 05:56 PM
It's not gone. Just because tanks got a weapon that does good damage doesn't mean they're damage dealers. They're still tanks and most of their skills are for tanking purposes.

I think the most common mistake some warriors make is that they don't "waste" their skill points in taunt upgrades for Juggernaut and/or Horn of Renew.

Another common mistake is that they use Horn of Renew to recover their health and never check how the party is doing.

So yeah, it's good to have 5/5 on both Juggernaut and Horn of Renew, and use Horn when the party needs it, not when you get scratched.

Warior now is to kill not to protect, warior=great damager aoe+proc+ulti great defence,
Rogue=high damage only in aim+proc low defence
Mage=high damage only in proc low defence top class is a warior the low is mage. So many player change class into warior now i think 60%warior 20%rogue and 20%mage, sts balance is only to deal warior damage like a rogue, forgot to balance the rogue into high defence like a warior, mage to need to balance their damage and defence like a warior.

Svzb
04-24-2020, 06:16 PM
Almost everyone deviated from my post :P But mentioning Mitsoos because it is because of people like him that classes suffer during expansions, especially wars before cap 61. No class is useless. It depends on players to bring out the best in their own classes and toons. Also, just saying warriors themselves have left maps when there are more than 2 wars in a map, except a couple wars I know who are confident in their skills and we pull through. Re-clarifying my post is about good and bad experiences with warriors and what can we learn from them. This isnt a class balance debate nor do I want to speak about other classes here. I know Fid is a good tank and he did suggest something which I doubt anyone noticed with their class balance nonsense.
And lastly Kystone, your kind of behavior isnt necessary. If you cant talk like a proper person go chat your bs with yourself.

Mitsooos
04-25-2020, 05:41 AM
Almost everyone deviated from my post :P But mentioning Mitsoos because it is because of people like him that classes suffer during expansions, especially wars before cap 61. No class is useless. It depends on players to bring out the best in their own classes and toons. Also, just saying warriors themselves have left maps when there are more than 2 wars in a map, except a couple wars I know who are confident in their skills and we pull through. Re-clarifying my post is about good and bad experiences with warriors and what can we learn from them. This isnt a class balance debate nor do I want to speak about other classes here. I know Fid is a good tank and he did suggest something which I doubt anyone noticed with their class balance nonsense.
And lastly Kystone, your kind of behavior isnt necessary. If you cant talk like a proper person go chat your bs with yourself.

If you want to learn from mistakes (you write this in your post), first of all you must know to listen and accept opinions