PDA

View Full Version : Eden World Builder app review: Minecraft Alternative only 69p! (free this weekend!)

Skeletonlord
01-29-2012, 08:06 AM
hey guys, im thinking of making app review threads that can be used so people can get an idea about what apps are like and if you would like it or not.
I am going to start off with Eden- world Builder. this app is currently free for this weekend, otherwise 69p. It is a Minecraft alternative.
it allows you to go around Minecraft like worlds and build, set fire, add and remove blocks, save and share your own worlds. Shared worlds can be downloaded free of charge from the store.

The aspect of the game is based on imagination and creative thinking. You can build whatever you want, whenever you want. However, you will need to have wifi.

Controls:

The controls are fairly simple, with a joystick the bottom left, and 5 buttons down the side: A "fire" icon, for burning things, a pickaxe, for deleting blocks, a block with a + sign in it. This is for adding blocks and saving and exiting your world. You can also snapshot a preview picture to be used when you share worlds. If you press this button, you get 28 different blocks to choose from, ranging from grass blocks to lava blocks. All you do is tap on one of these and tap anywhere on your terrain, a pallette icon, when pressed, can change the colour of any of your blocks that you have selected. Finally, a undo sort of button, which makes you jump over obstacles.

The Main Menu

The main menu gives you access to options, shared worlds, sharing worlds, and adding your own world. The options can be accessed from the bar at the bottom of the screen. The top right button is adding a world, deleting a world can be done with the top left button, then you tap a world. Sharing can be done with the bottom left button, next to the options button. You can then, when you have that selected, tap a world to share, call it a sensible name, the hit "send". Finally, downloading worlds is the button right button. You can filter from "popular", "date", and "name".

hope this review gives you an idea to the game, and enjoy!

links:

to download on ios: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/eden-world-builder/id405743220?mt=8

official website: http://edengame.net/

Swampy
01-29-2012, 08:54 AM
You dont need wifi to create a world and design it. You only NEED wifi if yu wanted to upload or download other peoples games. You can build worlds anywhere you want. ie. in a shack in the middle of nowhere.

TheChairmaker
01-29-2012, 08:57 AM
hey guys, im thinking of making app review threads that can be used so people can get an idea about what apps are like and if you would like it or not.
I am going to start off with Eden- world Builder. this app is currently free for this weekend, otherwise 69p. It is a Minecraft alternative.
it allows you to go around Minecraft like worlds and build, set fire, add and remove blocks, save and share your own worlds. Shared worlds can be downloaded free of charge from the store.

The aspect of the game is based on imagination and creative thinking. You can build whatever you want, whenever you want. However, you will need to have wifi.

Controls:

The controls are fairly simple, with a joystick the bottom left, and 5 buttons down the side: A "fire" icon, for burning things, a pickaxe, for deleting blocks, a block with a + sign in it. This is for adding blocks and saving and exiting your world. You can also snapshot a preview picture to be used when you share worlds. If you press this button, you get 28 different blocks to choose from, ranging from grass blocks to lava blocks. All you do is tap on one of these and tap anywhere on your terrain, a pallette icon, when pressed, can change the colour of any of your blocks that you have selected. Finally, a undo sort of button, which makes you jump over obstacles.

The Main Menu

The main menu gives you access to options, shared worlds, sharing worlds, and adding your own world. The options can be accessed from the bar at the bottom of the screen. The top right button is adding a world, deleting a world can be done with the top left button, then you tap a world. Sharing can be done with the bottom left button, next to the options button. You can then, when you have that selected, tap a world to share, call it a sensible name, the hit "send". Finally, downloading worlds is the button right button. You can filter from "popular", "date", and "name".

hope this review gives you an idea to the game, and enjoy!

links:

to download on ios: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/eden-world-builder/id405743220?mt=8

official website: http://edengame.net/

Eden's an amazing Minecraft alternative. I'm not too fond of the survivalist nature of Minecraft, and Eden's more Zen. Plus, there are now five creatures, and they're cuter than the Minecraft ones! :redface: You should be aware though, there's no health bar, and you can't die, for those of you who prefer Minecraft's fighting. Also, as of yet it's not multiplayer.

Oh, forgot to say - app review threads are a good idea!

Skeletonlord
01-29-2012, 11:10 AM
Multiplayer is coming not yet, but in 1.9. 1.8 there will be an android port.

Fuzzywig
01-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Yeah, Eden was pretty fun at first, but I hope they add some form of fighting

Suicunebaby
01-29-2012, 11:43 AM
Hmm Ima download it now:o

RedRyder
01-29-2012, 01:02 PM
Eden was boring at first, then became increasingly boring. Building/blowing stuff [up] repeatedly gets old really fast. I think there's another mine craft clone that is a closer copy than this one

Ardon
01-29-2012, 01:27 PM
Eden was boring at first, then became increasingly boring. Building/blowing stuff [up] repeatedly gets old really fast. I think there's another mine craft clone that is a closer copy than this one

Minebuilder.

Its the closest to Minecraft.
Better than the Minecraft: Pocket Edition IMO.
Pretty cheap too. Like $1.50
Multiplayer, mobs, crafting, etc.

Skeletonlord
01-29-2012, 01:28 PM

It isn't boring- there is so much to do in it and if you don't like this check out the official minecraft which you need to buy. At least this one is free or much cheaper.

NECROREAPER
01-29-2012, 01:33 PM
Whether or not a game is boring is purely based upon opinion.