PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Help!

blitzin
07-28-2010, 01:55 PM
Hey guys, im going to be making a Paladin and raising it up to lvl 45. I need help on where to put my skill and attribute points in... Thanks in advance! :cool:

LIGHTNINGLORD67
07-28-2010, 02:14 PM
Well, for paladin, you need full Thoth gear (obviously). So put ALL your points into STR for the equipment (obviously) and h/s.

:).

blitzin
07-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Well for thoth you only need 142 str, should i then put the rest in dex/or even int?

Royce
07-28-2010, 02:33 PM
Well for thoth you only need 142 str, should i then put the rest in dex/or even int?
142 Str, then the rest in Dex (once the stat-driven skill update comes, some Int will be good, but who knows when that will be). There is a bunch of great paladin build info in the Enchantress Class Discussion forum. Just try browsing it a bit.

Jstizar
07-28-2010, 02:33 PM

Violentsaint or almighty royce will respond eventually but here is a guide up to level 40 for paladins, it is pretty good. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3332-Violentsaint-s-lvl-35-battlemage-paladin-build-(from-lvl-35-40)

Edit: royce beat me to it.

blitzin
07-28-2010, 02:38 PM
Alright thank you very much, now which skills should i max? I mostly PVE

Iambirdman
07-28-2010, 02:41 PM
I disagree on full Thoth, I have 3 pieces of Isis and 1 Thoth, I spam all my skills and still have more than enough mana regen

Jstizar
07-28-2010, 02:46 PM
I disagree on full Thoth, I have 3 pieces of Isis and 1 Thoth, I spam all my skills and still have more than enough mana regen

What skills are you spamming? When I was specced for paladin, I was using a mix and match of gear but I had 19 m/s and found myself low on mana after spamming my skills twice. After the first round of buffs, debuffs, then attacks + healing in pvp I could recover decently but then after the second round of spamming I was left with 1/4th of the mana bar and regen couldn't engage fast enough for me to live.

Royce
07-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Alright thank you very much, now which skills should i max? I mostly PVE
This is how I would distribute skill points:
5, 0, 5, 1
5, 2, 5, 5
5, 1, 5, 5

1 Thoth is really not enough IMO (Unless you have secondary Int), but full Thoth is overkill, especially for PvE. Depending on your play style, and skill setup, 2 or 3 Thoth pieces with 2 or 1 Isis seems ideal to me.

Edit: And I agree with Jstizar, there's no way you can spam all the mage skills and expect to hold onto mana with only 7 M/s.

Iambirdman
07-28-2010, 02:56 PM
What skills are you spamming? When I was specced for paladin, I was using a mix and match of gear but I had 19 m/s and found myself low on mana after spamming my skills twice. After the first round of buffs, debuffs, then attacks + healing in pvp I could recover decently but then after the second round of spamming I was left with 1/4th of the mana bar and regen couldn't engage fast enough for me to live.

Well at lvl 45 every major skill for paladin is maxed, I spam all the debuffs than attack skills, I have yet to run out of mana, I you want to be on the safe side go ahead with 2and2 like Royce said but not full thoth

Jstizar
07-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Well at lvl 45 every major skill for paladin is maxed, I spam all the debuffs than attack skills, I have yet to run out of mana, I you want to be on the safe side go ahead with 2and2 like Royce said but not full thoth

So, bov->bom->nightmare->weakness->possibly life drain->icestorm->lightning->firestorm? That was the combo i used, but It changed around a bit sometimes. I could get banned down to very little health but he would end up destroying me once my buffs were out because I couldn't fully rebuff and attack because my mana was too low.

Royce
07-28-2010, 03:17 PM
So, bov->bom->nightmare->weakness->possibly life drain->icestorm->lightning->firestorm? That was the combo i used, but It changed around a bit sometimes. I could get banned down to very little health but he would end up destroying me once my buffs were out because I couldn't fully rebuff and attack because my mana was too low.

In PvP I like full Thot because in addition to spamming skills you're losing mana from damage when mana shield is up, and even when depleted, 25 M/s still allows you to recover enough mana almost instantly to use skills again and heal (frequently needed when the mana shield is penetrated ;) )

Jstizar
07-28-2010, 03:20 PM
In PvP I like full Thot because in addition to spamming skills you're losing mana from damage when mana shield is up, and even when depleted, 25 M/s still allows you to recover enough mana almost instantly to use skills again and heal (frequently needed when the mana shield is penetrated ;) )

Well, i didn't have the luxury of full thoth :P. However, It would have been a great help. I would definitely suggest it.

FluffNStuff
07-28-2010, 03:20 PM
As a BowBear, I also prefer it when mages/paladins use full thoth and put up their mana shield.

Royce
07-28-2010, 03:30 PM
As a BowBear, I also prefer it when mages/paladins use full thoth and put up their mana shield.

Pshaw, bowbear shmobear. You don't even have a chance to get into the mana shield. Dex characters, even Bowbears generally blow up from the initial pally blast, and I only ever put it up in the rare chance you luck out and dodge the whole thing ;)