PDA

View Full Version : Planar Arena Time

Noceur
04-30-2020, 09:23 PM
Was told to put this here.
Basically, I ran with 2 other people in planar arena and got the time 1 11 307 to be exact (couple days ago)
Today, I ran once again with just 1 person and we got the exact same time 1 11 307.
The problem is, only the first 1 11 307 time is showing, and I'm curious as to whether this is a bug/technical issue.
Please help, Futumsh.

Futumsh
04-30-2020, 09:35 PM
Does everyone from the new run already have a higher spot on the board? What are the character names from both runs?

Futumsh
04-30-2020, 10:48 PM
It does look to me like there's a bug in the other direction, where runs are not removed when everyone on the run has a better one.

Noceur
04-30-2020, 11:01 PM
Does everyone from the new run already have a higher spot on the board? What are the character names from both runs?

Ok so the old run was Abbre, Desoxy and Overbear (me)
The new run is just Abbre and Overbear (me).
My friend Abbre said there's a chance it wasnt the same exact time, it might been around 1 11 400, but either way the run just didn't save. Is there any chance it's possible to recover the time?

Futumsh
04-30-2020, 11:05 PM
Ok so the old run was Abbre, Desoxy and Overbear (me)
The new run is just Abbre and Overbear (me).
My friend Abbre said there's a chance it wasnt the same exact time, it might been around 1 11 400, but either way the run just didn't save. Is there any chance it's possible to recover the time?

It didn't save because there's a faster run for that exact group (1 11 212)

Noceur
04-30-2020, 11:12 PM
It didn't save because there's a faster run for that exact group (1 11 212)

I see now. Has it always been this way or is this a bug? Because its not like this in gauntlet.

akishiru
04-30-2020, 11:18 PM
In hauntlet you can set record multiple time with same team. Ive noticed that some set records in arena didnt appear in lb, but i didnt care at first . It keeps happening. We also did with same team over and over and all records are there. So why does some other record didnt appear? -abbre

Futumsh
04-30-2020, 11:29 PM
If you can have multiple records with the same team, it's a bug. Only the best should be there.
I don't see any hauntlet duplicates either.
I believe the one record per unique group restriction took effect in Jan 2019.

I personally regard it as a bug that it keeps records when each person in the group has a higher record with a different team, but it appears to have been that way forever. I don't know if we'll decide to fix that or not. It certainly works that way for the rewards - you only get the reward for your best rank.

akishiru
04-30-2020, 11:53 PM
If you can have multiple records with the same team, it's a bug. Only the best should be there.
I don't see any hauntlet duplicates either.
I believe the one record per unique group restriction took effect in Jan 2019.

I personally regard it as a bug that it keeps records when each person in the group has a higher record with a different team, but it appears to have been that way forever. I don't know if we'll decide to fix that or not. It certainly works that way for the rewards - you only get the reward for your best rank.

It was always like that. You should be able to keep the records so u can have more competition in there. That way teams will compete to get a record. Otherwise, if u can only set 1 record per team then there will be atleast 20 different teams in lb. which makes the rewards not so unique and rare.

Futumsh
05-01-2020, 07:21 AM
Closing, have not heard of any actual bug here, just greed.

Healthy competition: competing to do your best and earn rewards.
Unhealthy competition: competing to prevent others from getting rewards for a worse rank.