PDA

View Full Version : Book Review of the Month: Stress Less (Dr. Don Colbert)

Bronxman2012
01-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Today, more and more people are stressed, even to the point of being "stressed-out". For example, did you know that Americans are the most stressed people in the world? Also, are you aware that between 75 and 90 percent of all visits to primary-care physicians are due to stress-related disorders?

Stress is an epidemic that, for many of us, is spiraling out of control. Oftentimes, stress is the culprit behind many debilitating and killer diseases.

With that said, how does a person reduce (or even eliminate) the amount of stress in one's life? Until now, there has not been a book that has offered "all the pieces of the puzzle".

So, if you feel as if you are burning the candle at both ends, one book you must read is Stress Less by Dr. Don Colbert. In this book, Dr. Colbert outlines the steps anyone can take to reduce stress and improve health from a mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual standpoint.

“Stress in America has reached epidemic proportions, causing more physical and emotional problems than ever before,” according to Dr. Don Colbert. Stress Less provides a comprehensive look at stress in today’s society and how to deal with it in a practical way.

With his own personal experience of overcoming the detrimental physical effects that stress can cause, Dr. Colbert educates readers and offers ways to break the power of worry, anxiety and other destructive habits. “I had to learn to deal with stress – not in theory, but in order to survive,” Dr. Colbert said. “I have applied the techniques in my book to my own life. Less stress has literally saved me from illness.”

In Stress Less, Dr. Colbert reveals how to:

* recognize personal stress triggers
* break the power of worry
* control anxiety-causing thoughts
* redefine stressful relationships
* relax using simple techniques
* realize how perception and attitude determine stress

Well, what are you waiting for? If you want to stress less, well then, get Stress Less by Dr. Don Colbert. And tell them the Bronxman sent you.