PDA

View Full Version : NEW Fighting Fantasy Book

Bronxman2012
01-30-2012, 11:29 AM
Ian Livingstone is proud to announce a new Fighting Fantasy gamebook in which YOU decide the title of the book!

"It is quite unbelievable and somewhat scary, that Fighting Fantasy is going to be thirty years old this year. When Steve Jackson and I wrote The Warlock of Firetop Mountain all those years ago, little did we know that there would ever be so many Fighting Fantasy fans around the world.

The Warlock of Firetop Mountain has now been published in over 25 languages and has sold over 1 million copies worldwide. Steve and I are very proud of our original interactive adventure. The series has sold in excess of 16 million copies.

I wanted to write this new book to celebrate the 30th anniversary and, hopefully, to please all the fans who had asked me to write a new book. These were people mainly in their late thirties or early forties who read Fighting Fantasy in their youth. The question was, should I write the book for the ten year-old they were then or the forty year-old they are today? Hopefully people of all ages will enjoy it.

Having decided to write it, I had to decide on the theme. With this year being the 30th anniversary of The Warlock of Firetop Mountain many fans of the series might have expected an adventure involving Zagor the Warlock in an adventure inside Firetop Mountain, or meeting Yaztromo, or going to Port Blacksand, or all of the above!

But I've taken a chance and gone for a new genre. I hope Fighting Fantasy fans will like it. I will not be asking readers to go back down into medieval dungeons. I have instead set the book in the present day, albeit in a remote castle in Romania. Everybody loves Zombies, including me, yet strangely they never really featured much in my books. So I decided to make up for that startling omission, making them central to this new adventure. And not one or two Zombies, but hordes of them!

In this adventure YOU are kidnapped and sold to a deranged megalomaniac who wants to build an army of undead to exact terrible revenge on those once mocked him. He hates everybody except for his scientists and servants. The scientists were instructed to develop a mutated gene in human blood which would be injected into innocent victims, turning them into Zombies. The madman's henchmen kidnapped hundreds of people who were locked up to await their fate. YOU are about to be injected with Zombie blood. The Zombie army is almost complete, ready to be unleashed upon the world in a frenzy of killing and wanton destruction. YOU have to avoid being transformed into a Zombie. YOU have to kill all the Zombies, dispose of the madman and escape from the castle. To do this you will need a lot of firepower to take down the hordes of Zombies. But don't kill everybody as there is one person who needs to be rescued...

To vote on the title of the book, access the link below:
http://fightingfantasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=21%3Anews2&catid=8%3Anewsflash&Itemid=2

PatsoeGamer
02-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Sorry to see you go Bronxman (or is it just another april fools?!)

Anyway I still collect FF books, big fan myself, hoping the film lives up to the expectations of the fans!

Sryyoulose
02-04-2012, 12:45 PM
I'm confused >.>

Skeletonlord
02-04-2012, 12:56 PM
I'm confused >.>

Fighting Fantasy as it appears is a series of gaming books written by Ian Livingstone. He has written successful books and this is his newest. I think you can vote for the titles of some of his books and the most voted choice will be the title of the book.