PDA

View Full Version : kiting the fat fang boss with longbow vs. xbow

wvhills
01-31-2012, 08:35 AM
Hey birds,
I know the xbow has a 2m advantage over the longbow but I feel like I can kite the fat fang boss and the boss in crypt a lot easier with the longbow than the xbow. Has anyone else experienced this? The fat boss does some type of attack where he stuns you and then suddenly appears right beside you and keeps you stuck for a while. He doesn't seem to stun me near as much when using the longbow.

Does anyone know if the longbow as the blinding shot proc like recurves do? If so does it stack with itself or with my regular blinding shot? The only reason I can come up with is that it does have the proc and it stacks with my regular blinding shot and that causes him to miss his stun attack more often.

Swimmingstar
01-31-2012, 08:37 AM
Yeah I'm pretty sure longbows have the blinding shot proc.
And lol at the fat boss.

Skeokateva
01-31-2012, 09:49 AM
Yeah I'm pretty sure longbows have the blinding shot proc.
And lol at the fat boss.
Thanks Swim:) I haven't seen a fang weapons list yet, the proc's question has.me wondering about the other fang proc's, if anyone has a link to a fang L65 weapons and Armor set list please post it. I'll be looking too, if I find a link I'll come back and post it:)

wvhills
01-31-2012, 09:54 AM
Thanks Swim:) I haven't seen a fang weapons list yet, the proc's question has.me wondering about the other fang proc's, if anyone has a link to a fang L65 weapons and Armor set list please post it. I'll be looking too, if I find a link I'll come back and post it:)

Here is the list of pinks http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?42797-Pinks-with-Stats-and-Pictures-Mt-Fang
It has the stats listed but not any procs.

Gaunab
01-31-2012, 09:56 AM
Hey birds,
I know the xbow has a 3m advantage over the longbow but I feel like I can kite the fat fang boss and the boss in crypt a lot easier with the longbow than the xbow. Has anyone else experienced this? The fat boss does some type of attack where he stuns you and then suddenly appears right beside you and keeps you stuck for a while. He doesn't seem to stun me near as much when using the longbow.

Does anyone know if the longbow as the blinding shot proc like recurves do? If so does it stack with itself or with my regular blinding shot? The only reason I can come up with is that it does have the proc and it stacks with my regular blinding shot and that causes him to miss his stun attack more often.

Yes, all recurves do have a blind proc chance (-20-30% I believe), and yes it does stack with blinding shot and propably also with itself. I'm not much into PvE, but since Gobble forces you to close combat, I'd rather go with the longbow. Birds need to deal damage as high as possible. And the proc seems to be the only explanation for getting less stunned (haven't tested myself)

wvhills
01-31-2012, 10:00 AM
Yes, all recurves do have a blind proc chance (-20-30% I believe), and yes it does stack with blinding shot and propably also with itself. I'm not much into PvE, but since Gobble forces you to close combat, I'd rather go with the longbow. Birds need to deal damage as high as possible. And the proc seems to be the only explanation for getting less stunned (haven't tested myself)

That's what I think too. I need to find someone to pvp who will let me see if it stacks or not. Haha.

Gaunab
01-31-2012, 10:22 AM
That's what I think too. I need to find someone to pvp who will let me see if it stacks or not. Haha.

It does stack, tho the proc chance is so low that is seldomly stacks with itself. The debuff seems to be 20-30hit, just tested

wvhills
01-31-2012, 10:24 AM
great! thanks man!