PDA

View Full Version : Idea: A Training room nbefore Escaping the Cell.

Feke
01-31-2012, 12:33 PM
The game starts by throwing the player into the deep water with hints only to the main game controlls and this is what made me have to teach a lvl26 player how do he have to search for a jetpack in Auctions Terminal..
So, I think there should be an unskipable (for the first character) Training Room, before releasing the player to Escape the Cell.
In that room, there should be:
-armors to equip and unequip.
-weapons to equip/unequip and ones that belongs to another class. to teach players, that it's useless to keep them in inventory 'cause they'll never be able to use them, no matter if they would give more dps.
-a test Auctions terminal to teach search-buy, sell-complete sell functions.
-a test stash terminal.
-a test Stimpack and Enhancer Vendor machine.
-a friend/guild list manager.
-a test Sector Map with a test dungeon to teach create/join game.
-a test person to add friend and to teach how to make a SAFE trade and how to NOT! and to teach to chat, pm and guildchat.

I have time to help newbies find the persons or machines they are looking for, but there are cases when I can't help anymore 'cause I don't have that much time to explain them everything. Like when i show them any of the terminals and they enter-leave enter-leave enter-leave the terminal to ask me "what now?" "and what to click?" "nothing happened, let's do it again" "there aren't any xy buttons/icons".

Comment what else is needed and what isn't so important. Thx!

Kornak
01-31-2012, 12:50 PM
Good idea. i was VERY LOST at first...

and 0 friend to help me... i was 100% new.

Signed.

Taipan
02-02-2012, 03:19 PM
GREAT idea!
(imagines what it would be like to not have to explain how to join guilds).......

Cahaun
02-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Cool! How about some help terminals?