PDA

View Full Version : Mummy Loves You! - Vote For Your Favorite Catchphrase!

Delphina
01-31-2012, 06:39 PM

Thank you all for your submissions!
There were so many great ones to choose from.
I have narrowed it down to 30. It's now YOUR turn to pick your favorite.

The top 10 winners will receive PL shields in Pocket Legends and 50 Platinum!

So VOTE NOW and invite your friends to vote!

This Poll will be closed Sunday February 5, 2012 at 6PM EST.

Here are the Mummy's one last time!:

Bows:

Green Guy:

Grrr arg:

Mace:

No Eyes:

Tongue:

Wraps:

Nick41324
01-31-2012, 07:16 PM
so one or two winners for each mummy im guessing?

Delphina
01-31-2012, 07:20 PM
The top 10 winners in the poll! It doesn't matter which Mummy.

I just listed the Mummy so everyone would know which mummy the catchphrase was for.

Nickyeagle
01-31-2012, 07:25 PM
Although I wasn't chosen, Good Luck to all the semi-finalists. :)

nmyxspaceship
01-31-2012, 07:28 PM
Lol yeah mine weren't that great, good luck guys!

Roc
01-31-2012, 07:37 PM
So many good ones! Best of luck everyone! :biggrin:

maneatingtree
01-31-2012, 07:44 PM
Lol so confused how were u chosen?

nmyxspaceship
01-31-2012, 07:50 PM
Lol I was thinking the same thing? I guess Delphina chose:/

Buubuuftw
01-31-2012, 07:51 PM
Looks my Green Guy made it! Good luck to everyone else!

Silentarrow
01-31-2012, 07:51 PM
Lol so confused how were u chosen?

STS picked them... I'm not mad I didn't get picked (I never expected to be). I think STS should've allowed all entries onto the poll though.

maneatingtree
01-31-2012, 07:52 PM
How do you know buubuu?

Swimmingstar
01-31-2012, 07:54 PM
Yay, poll! I will look at these.

Buubuuftw
01-31-2012, 07:54 PM
How do you know buubuu?

By the catchphrases, it says your name in parenthesis. As a matter of fact, your a finalist too.

maneatingtree
01-31-2012, 07:55 PM
Ohh yay!

nmyxspaceship
01-31-2012, 07:56 PM
STS picked them... I'm not mad I didn't get picked (I never expected to be). I think STS should've allowed all entries onto the poll though.

Same, I'm not disappointed at all just it would of hurt to have given everyone a chance though.

CodyBearr
01-31-2012, 07:56 PM
Oh wow you guys liked one of mine :D I am honored and half way to a long time goal of getting that shield!

Thank you all dev and anyone that votes for mine :)

Goodluck All

TheSnowman
01-31-2012, 07:57 PM
What's gonna happen if there is more than one person tied for tenth place will both get a shield?

Also Good Luck to everyone involved :)

Basswhole
01-31-2012, 07:58 PM
Sorry If this is stupid question but why are we doing a mummy contest? Sorry lol

Roc
01-31-2012, 08:00 PM
Sorry If this is stupid question but why are we doing a mummy contest? Sorry lol

Some old concept art was uncovered, they had a poll on which one people liked most and also asked for contest ideas, and viola, we have a mummy contest :love-struck:

maneatingtree
01-31-2012, 08:00 PM
Oh and btw doesnt show up on ipod thats why i didnt see (facepalm)

CodyBearr
01-31-2012, 08:02 PM

Haha same here I didn't see anything on my phone until I got on the computer :P

Buubuuftw
01-31-2012, 08:03 PM
Didn't show on my Droid either, so I rushed to my computer and saw my name up there!

Swords
01-31-2012, 08:14 PM
lol a bummer i wasnt on there, well there goes the chance of the epic shield :p

Cahaun
01-31-2012, 08:15 PM
Wish I coulda made it, but good luck to everyone still in it!

LwMark
01-31-2012, 08:29 PM
Really -__-

WoundedEagle
01-31-2012, 08:40 PM
Good luck!

Mastercon
01-31-2012, 08:49 PM
Errr so where do I look to see who got in? I don't see it on mobile.

xydz
01-31-2012, 08:52 PM
Whoa I'm in and I'm not doing too bad. Good luck everyone, thank goodness they only choose 1 per person, some of you guys had whole lists of amazing ones.

Buddahh
01-31-2012, 08:53 PM
Woop woop! I'm extremely surprised I made it, many thanks for choosing mine! :)
Good luck guys :xx

WoundedEagle
01-31-2012, 08:54 PM
Will there be more contests with the shield as a prize?

Mastercon
01-31-2012, 08:56 PM
I figured it out, had to be on computer. Shoot there goes my chance, :_(. GOOD JOB EVERYONE!! :)

Cowgirl
01-31-2012, 09:02 PM
Disappointed to see this has become a popularity contest... already received pms ig asking me to vote for their phrase. :/

Ihavenokills
01-31-2012, 09:06 PM
Disappointed to see this has become a popularity contest... already received pms ig asking me to vote for their phrase. :/

yep.... agreed..

edit: tbh the one she chose for me i didn't like very much haha im surprised.

Samhayne
01-31-2012, 09:11 PM

The poll is already pretty huge with the entries we did select. I shudder to think how big of a mummy wrap we would have needed to include them all. Fear not, well have more fun forum polls in the future.

WoundedEagle
01-31-2012, 09:13 PM

Yeah same. But beggars can't be choosers eh? I don't think it's a popularity contest though. I PMed a view people in game telling them to vote in the contest, not directly for me. And the ones who seems to be winning aren't the super popular people anyways.

/#wishestheycouldchangeallcharacternames

Basswhole
01-31-2012, 09:27 PM

Yeah same. But beggars can't be choosers eh? I don't think it's a popularity contest though. I PMed a view people in game telling them to vote in the contest, not directly for me. And the ones who seems to be winning aren't the super popular people anyways.

/#wishestheycouldchangeallcharacternames

Ooh u ones me
I'm Archey lol I was asking u questions

Swimmingstar
01-31-2012, 09:31 PM
I see they tried to make it more fair by only including one person once.

Cahaun
01-31-2012, 09:40 PM

The poll is already pretty huge with the entries we did select. I shudder to think how big of a mummy wrap we would have needed to include them all. Fear not, well have more fun forum polls in the future.
Yea Sam it'd be a nightmare of a vote. I'm glad to have participated in the contest and stir a laugh or two :)

Superman
01-31-2012, 09:47 PM
hi, some of these are funny!

Ihavenokills
01-31-2012, 09:49 PM
the poll is already pretty huge with the entries we did select. i shudder to think how big of a mummy wrap we would have needed to include them all. fear not, well have more fun forum polls in the future.

ha!

Swimmingstar
01-31-2012, 09:55 PM
Here are the Mummy's one last time!:

Mummies.

Livemau
01-31-2012, 10:04 PM
Best of luck to all of the competitors! I wish I would have entered. Maybe mine will make you laugh

No eyes says I cant see without my glasses
Scooby Doo reference

Swimmingstar
01-31-2012, 10:08 PM
Good luck to all the 30 people in the poll!

maneatingtree
01-31-2012, 11:29 PM
Lol i love the old scooby doos. Welma i think was missing her glasses. Best lines where: "ru roh raggy" and "if it werent for you meddling kids and your stoopid dog!"

Imacoolbirdd
02-01-2012, 12:03 AM
Wheres the list of people who made it??
Edit: nvm saw on computer :)

Swimmingstar
02-01-2012, 12:46 AM
I have a question. If people tie does it count as same place? Or will it be all the same place but you skip the next because of tie.

CodyBearr
02-01-2012, 02:40 AM

^yup this.... I was hoping the Dev's would just pick the winners but I hope people actually like the catch-phase and not the person who wrote it

Darkfader
02-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Wow I made it to vote. Good luck everyone.

Imsebastiaanl
02-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Thx! Hope I win one shield

Matutd
02-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Yay it's finally up ^_^ I hope I can win one, since I just missed out last time

Ebalere
02-01-2012, 02:23 PM

Yep, frustrating to say the least. I think it should have been the other way around. Poll, and THEN dev's choose. I can't see if one of my entries made it, so whatever I guess, but I wouldn't put it past whole guilds voting for their guildmates, etc.

PatsoeGamer
02-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Matutd all the way

maneatingtree
02-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Matutd all the way

This kind of suggests that you didnt vote for the phrase rather for te person :(. Knew this would turn into popularity contest :(

Swimmingstar
02-01-2012, 05:35 PM
This kind of suggests that you didnt vote for the phrase rather for te person :(. Knew this would turn into popularity contest :(
I gotta agree to that.

WoundedEagle
02-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Yep, frustrating to say the least. I think it should have been the other way around. Poll, and THEN dev's choose. I can't see if one of my entries made it, so whatever I guess, but I wouldn't put it past whole guilds voting for their guildmates, etc.

Sorry you are experiencing problems. Here is your quote they selected:

Green Guy-I'll get the #3 with extra large fries, and a extra large diet MummyDew, I'm trying to watch my figure

Swimmingstar
02-01-2012, 06:05 PM
I don't see what's wrong with PMing people to vote for you. Not hurting anyone, is it? You aren't being forced to vote, are you? You could just ignore or delete the pm, can't you? Or you could just vote. I don't see anyone complain on forums that the presidential election has anything to do with them sending mail to you to vote for them.

It isn't really popularity when it comes to pms. It's popularity when everyone likes you and you don't ask them.

maneatingtree
02-01-2012, 06:11 PM
But soon pepple will be buying votes and scams could happen. IMO devs should of just picked.

Swimmingstar
02-01-2012, 06:12 PM
But soon pepple will be buying votes and scams could happen. IMO devs should of just picked.

Or just close poll earlier before any scams happen.

WoundedEagle
02-01-2012, 06:13 PM
I don't see what's wrong with PMing people to vote for you. Not hurting anyone, is it? You aren't being forced to vote, are you? You could just ignore or delete the pm, can't you? Or you could just vote. I don't see anyone complain on forums that the presidential election has anything to do with them sending mail to you to vote for them.

It isn't really popularity when it comes to pms. It's popularity when everyone likes you and you don't ask them.

I understand your point. I had one of my good friends tell me not to play my adverts on him when all I said was 'Vote for your favorite Mummy Catchphrase on forums. Mines at the bottom.'

I found my quote most effective and not spammy or annoying. It was just a discrete way of saying, hey, there's a contest and I would appreciate your vote. Thanks.

Some people over react and such but oh well.....

Swimmingstar
02-01-2012, 06:19 PM
I understand your point. I had one of my good friends tell me not to play my adverts on him when all I said was 'Vote for your favorite Mummy Catchphrase on forums. Mines at the bottom.'

I found my quote most effective and not spammy or annoying. It was just a discrete way of saying, hey, there's a contest and I would appreciate your vote. Thanks.

Some people over react and such but oh well.....

I think saying I'd appreciate your vote is just fine. :)

It's not going to hurt anybody and people have their choice.

Swimmingstar
02-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Well as long as people don't keep posting "Oh I voted for [insert person's name]!"
I actually think people who advertise in sig are fine.

Swimmingstar
02-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Just realized how much I want the prize. :D

Martijntje
02-01-2012, 06:55 PM
too bad I didn't sign up for this! I should have joined the forums earlier :-(

Swimmingstar
02-01-2012, 06:58 PM
too bad I didn't sign up for this! I should have joined the forums earlier :-(

You can still vote for someone. And welcome to forums! :)

Nick41324
02-01-2012, 07:02 PM
i didnt even know there would be 92 people that would vote...

Swimmingstar
02-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Same...

PatsoeGamer
02-01-2012, 07:08 PM

You shouldnt suggest anything without the facts :) I simply like Mat's phrase the most. Don't make an assumption and call me out based on my vote. I have voted on many many many competitions over the year, and voted for many different players :)

The reason I just said the name was because I was quickly catching up on posts, and it was easier to write the name and add a little enthusiasm too in a nice short post :) I hope you do just as well, and get lots of votes also, I liked all the quotes and it was hard to pick one outright.

Just please dont single me out and put me into a class of people who vote on popularity, its not my style :D

Whirlzap
02-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Lol my bad phrase got put up.

Ihavenokills
02-01-2012, 07:35 PM
whoa...took a jump from 75 - 95 people in an hour or so.. what just happened?

i didn't know we were allowed to advertise our phrase in our signature?

Nick41324
02-01-2012, 07:41 PM
whoa...took a jump from 75 - 95 people in an hour or so.. what just happened?

i didn't know we were allowed to advertise our phrase in our signature?
I think more people are asking their entire guild to vote for them.

Cowgirl
02-01-2012, 07:50 PM
I will probably get flamed for this but... I wonder how many people are creating mulitple forum accounts to vote for themselves.

Nick41324
02-01-2012, 08:12 PM
I will probably get flamed for this but... I wonder how many people are creating mulitple forum accounts to vote for themselves.
Why would you get flamed? I think people are mainly "campaigning" in game and asking their guild. I've personally seen a few of the 30 people ask completely random people in town chat to vote for them. I'm not going to lie, I have asked a few of my very good friends to vote for me in private messages, and i know a lot of you have too.

WoundedEagle
02-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Why would you get flamed? I think people are mainly "campaigning" in game and asking their guild. I've personally seen a few of the 30 people ask completely random people in town chat to vote for them. I'm not going to lie, I have asked a few of my very good friends to vote for me.

Wowzersssssa

Ihavenokills
02-01-2012, 08:17 PM
I think more people are asking their entire guild to vote for them.

i think so too.. i saw people with 0-1 vote(s) shoot up some in the past hour =\ i reaaaaaaaaalllllly wish this wasn't thrown into a poll..

Ayc2000
02-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Lol...my phrase >.<
Good luck everyone!
I'm saving my vote for last :p

Zeus
02-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Just my opinion, but I think it would be a good idea to disqualify the participants who are "campaigning" for votes. It may be a bit harsh, but we are going for skill and wittiness, right? So change the wording up on phrases a bit, maybe? Hide the names and only reveal who the quotes belong to afterwards? Just my thoughts, lemme know.

Another thing that STS did in the past with Haiku contests was have them email the entry at support(at)spacetimestudios.com or fun(at)spacetimestudios.com with the (at) replacing the @. It was an intelligent protective measure because it helped keep people from boosting their entries, since entries were rather anonymous (meaning the players did not know who was who, like in the "Where do I play PL?" video contest) Just a thought for future contests with the Pocket Legends Shield as a reward.

That being said, congratulations to the winners of this contest, whoever may win. Y'all truly deserve it! Should be fun seeing more PL shields out and about :)

Roc
02-01-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm just having fun getting laughs out of the phrases :biggrin: It was a lot to process with all the phrases in a giant thread. Now there's pretty poll bars AND funny phrases ;)

Nick41324
02-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Just my opinion, but I think it would be a good idea to disqualify the participants who are "campaigning" for votes. It may be a bit harsh, but we are going for skill and wittiness, right? So change the wording up on phrases a bit, maybe? Hide the names and only reveal who the quotes belong to afterwards? Just my thoughts, lemme know.

Another thing that STS did in the past with Haiku contests was have them email the entry at support(at)spacetimestudios.com or fun(at)spacetimestudios.com with the (at) replacing the @. It was an intelligent protective measure because it helped keep people from boosting their entries, since entries were rather anonymous (meaning the players did not know who was who, like in the "Where do I play PL?" video contest) Just a thought for future contests with the Pocket Legends Shield as a reward.

That being said, congratulations to the winners of this contest, whoever may win. Y'all truly deserve it! Should be fun seeing more PL shields out and about :)
I know exactly who did it and it obviously didnt work too great becasue they still have... fewer than 5 votes

I also dont think it was very smart putting names with the phrases. It would be completely fair without the names. I think ever if people arent asking others, people are just looking at the names, not the actual phrases

Ihavenokills
02-01-2012, 08:36 PM

couldn't agree more. +1
It's a contest for gosh sake not an election

Zeus
02-01-2012, 08:38 PM
I know exactly who did it and it obviously didnt work too great becasue they still have... fewer than 5 votes

I also dont think it was very smart putting names with the phrases. It would be completely fair without the names. I think ever if people arent asking others, people are just looking at the names, not the actual phrases

Now wait for somebody with resources to take advantage. Trust me, it could be done :P

Nick41324
02-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Now wait for somebody with resources to take advantage. Trust me, it could be done :P
Am... Am I talking to that person?

I'm not saying you would tho xD

Thelusiful
02-02-2012, 01:10 AM
:'( i'm not in the contest!
will be the next time!

Kees
02-02-2012, 04:41 AM
I have register to vote here!

CodyBearr
02-02-2012, 05:08 AM
Every time I'm in game I get spammed by people telling me to vote for their friend "blank" then I say I'm in the contest to dude -___- non stop... Kinda makes my chances feel gone :-/

maneatingtree
02-02-2012, 06:07 AM
Welcome to the forum Kees!

Kees
02-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Thank you! I was asked to sign up here and vote!

WoundedEagle
02-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Ermm. 2 hours ago the votes were at 111, now at 121 and a lot are on Evildarkfader. Guild boost? What happene :o

Windwolve
02-02-2012, 12:15 PM
I was wondering too :S He got like 10 votes in one hour!

Nick41324
02-02-2012, 12:15 PM
yep, and people criticize me for being honest and saying i asked 5 friends max to help me out this one time.

Samhayne
02-02-2012, 12:17 PM
I don't think there is any dishonesty in asking your friends to vote for you. That behavior is expected. It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Darkfader
02-02-2012, 12:30 PM
After being asked by four different users to vote for them, I'm not going to sit down and hope for win.
Answer to wounded, not guild boosting because I won't have one. Also not forced anyone vote, told them to vote if they want to.

Windwolve
02-02-2012, 02:22 PM
After being asked by four different users to vote for them, I'm not going to sit down and hope for win.
Answer to wounded, not guild boosting because I won't have one. Also not forced anyone vote, told them to vote if they want to.

It's ok, don't worry! I was just amazed to see you at 15 votes in such a short time!

WoundedEagle
02-02-2012, 02:25 PM

Haha buddy, hope I didn't come acrossed rude. :/// was just wondering. And I don't have a guild either lol

Darkfader
02-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Haha buddy, hope I didn't come acrossed rude. :/// was just wondering. And I don't have a guild either lol

Ofc not. :]
I personally hate game goes like this but when game need to be played I'm all in like others seems to be.

abc soup
02-02-2012, 06:28 PM
got sick n tired of the spam in PL with the 'vote 4 me on the forums blah blah blah' in my pm's so much.. that i registered an account on my brothers computer and voted for someone who i wasnt spammed by just in spite so i can finally just tell them sorry i voted already. can the devs add in a "private message off" button in the options? This is startin to get really irritating.

oh btw i was getting bribed to. so add that to the list of annoyances

Jugernugett
02-02-2012, 06:42 PM
I honestly have no idea who were the ten who got picked and what ya mean by catchphrase? They have to pick mummies or something?

CodyBearr
02-02-2012, 06:53 PM
got sick n tired of the spam in PL with the 'vote 4 me on the forums blah blah blah' in my pm's so much.. that i registered an account on my brothers computer and voted for someone who i wasnt spammed by just in spite so i can finally just tell them sorry i voted already. can the devs add in a "private message off" button in the options? This is startin to get really irritating.

oh btw i was getting bribed to. so add that to the list of annoyances

Yeah I got people telling me "10k if you vote for my friend so & so" or when they find out I'm in the contest they say "100k and I'll vote for you"

I always say "I'm in the mummy contest, go to forums and vote for me if you like mine" :)

But yeah its a bit of a popularly thing along with bribing... Oh well I hope some people like mine atleast :)

Nick41324
02-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Yeah I got people telling me "10k if you vote for my friend so & so" or when they find out I'm in the contest they say "100k and I'll vote for you"

I always say "I'm in the mummy contest, go to forums and vote for me if you like mine" :)

But yeah its a bit of a popularly thing along with bribing... Oh well I hope some people like mine atleast :)
Ok, well this is what i got out of what you said.....

You would be in a town and be "Campaigning for votes", and when you would do that, someone offered to give their vote to you for 10-100k. I don't think anyone said anything about bribing, but i know a few people that have been bribing with "THE THANK BUTTON" (not you cody). They have have bribed a player that we all know has been striving for the biggest thank bar without actually earning it like the rest of us. It obviously worked because he is one of the people with the most votes so far.

With all these people pretty much cheating to get their votes, its kind of sad.

maneatingtree
02-03-2012, 02:47 PM
btw do we get orange antennae for taking part in this contest?

Ihavenokills
02-03-2012, 03:33 PM
btw do we get orange antennae for taking part in this contest?

hey thats not a half bad idea :D we should get orange antenna too with how big this contest got!

Edit: i didn't even know there was 166 people that was active on this forum...>_> y u no talk on forum and make it more active?!

double edit: kk...now we're at 192..................sketchy..

shadowrobe
02-03-2012, 11:54 PM
made an account just to vote for a pal....
so where would i post to orginize a team for runs on here? :)

WoundedEagle
02-04-2012, 06:12 AM
made an account just to vote for a pal....
so where would i post to orginize a team for runs on here? :)

I say General Discussion if you're looking for a farming team. Just post a thread saying where you're farming and level requirement, etc. Best of luck :)

Ihavenokills
02-04-2012, 11:16 PM
woot im still in top 10 :] *crosses fingers to stay there for one more day*

Nick41324
02-04-2012, 11:30 PM
I just showed my mom the mummy's and she came up with a few. Her's for no eye's was "I'm your eye candy".

I thought it was kind of creative :D

Ihavenokills
02-05-2012, 05:43 AM
I just showed my mom the mummy's and she came up with a few. Her's for no eye's was "I'm your eye candy".

I thought it was kind of creative :D

lol she wins plat and shield and doesn't even play the game (or does she?) XD

Nick41324
02-05-2012, 12:39 PM
lol she wins plat and shield and doesn't even play the game (or does she?) XD
No, she doesn't, lol. Ill take a cardboard box, cut out 50 circles, and spray paint them all silver for her.

BTW: what happens when there are more than 10 winners? (ties for last place)

Ihavenokills
02-05-2012, 12:44 PM
No, she doesn't, lol. Ill take a cardboard box, cut out 50 circles, and spray paint them all silver for her.

seems legit

Swimmingstar
02-05-2012, 01:17 PM

Lol what if all the people suddenly asked friends to vote and all 30 people tied. :D

Ihavenokills
02-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Lol what if all the people suddenly asked friends to vote and all 30 people tied. :D

then we would vote for the voters who voted to see which votes won the vote.

edit: whoa! 30+ votes in the past 60 minutes! people really want that shield! O_O

Darkfader
02-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Wow, thanks for voters. Seems two and half hour to go... Will be exciting competition.

Windwolve
02-05-2012, 03:49 PM
The final battle has started ;) Good luck everyone!

Ihavenokills
02-05-2012, 03:58 PM
yeah im about to leave to go watch the super bowl. gl peeps

Weedle
02-05-2012, 04:02 PM
yeah im about to leave to go watch the super bowl. gl peeps

Same

Delphina
02-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Contest is now closed... Winners will be posted soon.