View Full Version : 6 Year Old Suggestion

THE GOLDEN KING
05-09-2020, 12:44 PM
NOTE: This thread is not about recoloring armors/being able to purchase armors via platinum.

I understand that I’m clearly not the first person to suggest this. I also won’t be the last, but here I am once again, almost 2 years later. Could you guys please implement;

‘Armor to Vanity Converter’.

There’s multiple ways to do this! I will explain all the ways that I could think of off the top of my head.(in best detail I as possibly can!)

1.) Plat Store- Since you guys have ‘AL Birthday’ event every year, why not release it during that time as a Craft-able material(Vanity Shard) for a price tag of 1000-250 platinum in store for limited time and for tokens at the npc. It would would need to be used in a recipe.

*similar to that of Level 36 Mythic armor Recipe*

Ingredients are as fallows:
-Arcane Shard x1
-Vanity Shard x1
-Trophy Cup x1
-Your Armor of Choice
-1 million Gold
*Takes 8-24 hours to craft*
(Picture Reference)https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200508/4b45822fd2562764e1d4e3e5875385b9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200508/7a2f3fef4ea32b5d6b35f3241c2d0525.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200508/74215fc371ad751c77401c8796475586.jpg

Don’t like it? That’s fine, here’s a different approach.

2.) Event Tier Reward- Have the ‘Vanity Shard’ as a ‘Plat Tier’. It could be a plat tier reward for any major event, like ursoth, winter, Halloween, etc... You only get 1 shard at plat tier. Similar crafting method.

Ingredients:
-Vanity shard x1
-Armor of Choice
Or
-Vanity Shard x1
-Armor of choice
-Arcane Shard x1
-Trophy Cup x1
-1million Gold

(Picture Reference)https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200508/e98dd75f1ddd4da8a8f61490884688b4.jpg

Still no??? Alright look at it this way.

3.) Event Leaderboard Reward: This reward goes with any event.
-top 10 get 3 shards
-top 25 get 2 shards
-top 50 get 1 shard

*Same crafting recipe process*
Ingredients:
-Vanity shard x1
-Armor of choice
-200 platinum
*Instant Craft*

(Picture Reference)https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200508/ee472cafb2f1f3480e25994563f05224.jpg

Still don’t like it? Alright I wasn’t trying on that one. How about this?

4)Armor Converter System in Plat Store- Implement an Armor Converter in store.
-Step 1: Go to plat Store
-Step 2: Search for Armor Converter
-Step 3: Click it
-step 4: Insert Unequipped Armor of choice
-Step 5: Pay 1750 platinum to convert said armor.
(Instant Conversion)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200508/c5b21d80d5e3cd302c5a1289bbc44622.jpg

You’re killing me, come on. :// I’ll think of something.

5)In Progress-

For those who might say:

“it takes away its uniqueness as an armor”.

-Alright so make the vanity version Un-trade-able? So it makes your armor even rarer, therefor prices sky rocket. You have your precious armor and the others have their nice looking vanity version of it, both parties are happy.

“This only benefits the Pay to Win players also known as plat whales”

-This is true to a certain extent, you can either do plat offers to obtain the platinum to purchase it, or you can grind the event and reach plat tier and earn it or just try to save up as much money as you can to afford the most amount platinum to buy it. All depending on STS choice.

And for the big one.

“This would take too long to implement”

-I’m almost 100% sure they can do this in under 1 month even spending 1 hour a day during on a 40 hour week, 5 days a week. That’s still 20 hours working on it. The ideas are there, all they have to do is just choose 1.

“It would still take to too long to -
implement ALL armors for ALL classes”

-You’re very right, so let’s make it easier for them and simply it further. Just Season 1-3 Armors only. That way they don’t get overwhelmed by every single gear in the game.

NOTE: Just so we’re clear, again this is thread is NOT About RECOLORING or being able to BUY old season 1-3 ARMOR(S) or ANY armor(s) for PLATINUM!

If you guys have a better suggestion, please comment below, or let me know what you guys think about this.

Would 100% be appreciated if a Dev could respond to this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giant bench
05-09-2020, 02:08 PM
Would be cool if I can turn forerunner to vanity. +1

Spell
05-09-2020, 02:15 PM
would love to see this implemented.

blue founders FTW! hehe

Warriorknown
05-09-2020, 02:31 PM
Nice idea, but most of these propositions have buying platinum on them or grinding to platinum tier. Make it AFFORDABLE for EVERYONE. An easy gold conversion would be best, especially since some collectors have hundreds of items.

Fearrr
05-09-2020, 04:52 PM
I like choice number 4. Definitely some old school Armors I like and would like to use as vanity similar to how Gnarled Bone Armor came about. I like: Magma Set, Dragon Scale, Juggernaut, Mighty Berserker, Demon, and Posidon is nice!

Prabsimar Chhabra
05-09-2020, 07:39 PM
Plat tier one is best as not unfair for F2P Players and Plat users can afford too , just buy some energy and easily get to plat tier. And it should be released just once so that people use wisely. Dont want everything in the auction vanity section.

ʏᴏᴜᴛᴜʙᴇ- ᴘʀᴀʙꜱɪᴍᴀʀ ᴄʜʜᴀʙʀᴀ

Loot
05-09-2020, 09:39 PM
NOTE: This thread is not about recoloring armors/being able to purchase armors via platinum.

I understand that I’m clearly not the first person to suggest this. I also won’t be the last, but here I am once again, almost 2 years later. Could you guys please implement;

There’s multiple ways to do this! I will explain all the ways that I could think of off the top of my head.(in best detail I as possibly can!)

1.) Plat Store- Since you guys have ‘AL Birthday’ event every year, why not release it during that time as a Craft-able material(Vanity Shard) for a price tag of 1000-250 platinum in store for limited time and for tokens at the npc. It would would need to be used in a recipe.

-Arcane Shard x1
-Vanity Shard x1
-Trophy Cup x1
-Your Armor of Choice
-1 million Gold
(Picture Reference)https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200508/4b45822fd2562764e1d4e3e5875385b9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200508/7a2f3fef4ea32b5d6b35f3241c2d0525.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200508/74215fc371ad751c77401c8796475586.jpg

2.) Event Tier Reward- Have the ‘Vanity Shard’ as a ‘Plat Tier’. It could be a plat tier reward for any major event, like ursoth, winter, Halloween, etc... You only get 1 shard at plat tier. Similar crafting method.

Ingredients:
-Vanity shard x1
-Armor of Choice
Or
-Vanity Shard x1
-Armor of choice
-Arcane Shard x1
-Trophy Cup x1
-1million Gold

(Picture Reference)https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200508/e98dd75f1ddd4da8a8f61490884688b4.jpg

-top 10 get 3 shards
-top 25 get 2 shards
-top 50 get 1 shard

Ingredients:
-Vanity shard x1
-Armor of choice
-200 platinum
*Instant Craft*

(Picture Reference)https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200508/ee472cafb2f1f3480e25994563f05224.jpg

(Instant Conversion)

5)In Progress-

For those who might say:

-Alright so make the vanity version Un-trade-able? So it makes your armor even rarer, therefor prices sky rocket. You have your precious armor and the others have their nice looking vanity version of it, both parties are happy.

-This is true to a certain extent, you can either do plat offers to obtain the platinum to purchase it, or you can grind the event and reach plat tier and earn it or just try to save up as much money as you can to afford the most amount platinum to buy it. All depending on STS choice.

And for the big one.

-I’m almost 100% sure they can do this in under 1 month even spending 1 hour a day during on a 40 hour week, 5 days a week. That’s still 20 hours working on it. The ideas are there, all they have to do is just choose 1.

-You’re very right, so let’s make it easier for them and simply it further. Just Season 1-3 Armors only. That way they don’t get overwhelmed by every single gear in the game.

NOTE: Just so we’re clear, again this is thread is NOT About RECOLORING or being able to BUY old season 1-3 ARMOR(S) or ANY armor(s) for PLATINUM!

If you guys have a better suggestion, please comment below, or let me know what you guys think about this.

+1 would like to see this happen, cool to bring back nostalgia and i don't see it as being harmful to everyone but beneficial in sales of plat and more! :)

The vanity could be tradeable it could be cool to have that :3

This 100% brings 0 harm and will be cool as heck to have happen. Its simply beneficial to SpaceTimeStudios and awesome for people to buy armors that are old to use ^_^

Encryptions
05-09-2020, 10:43 PM
Instead of arcane shard, make it cost 2 arcane fossils. There are thousands of arcane fossils in game and they are currently useless.

Jausa
05-10-2020, 03:49 AM

-Arcane Shard x1
-Vanity Shard x1
-Trophy Cup x1
-Your Armor of Choice
-1 million Gold

Ingredients:
-Vanity shard x1
-Armor of Choice
Or
-Vanity Shard x1
-Armor of choice
-Arcane Shard x1
-Trophy Cup x1
-1million Gold

-top 10 get 3 shards
-top 25 get 2 shards
-top 50 get 1 shard

Ingredients:
-Vanity shard x1
-Armor of choice
-200 platinum
*Instant Craft*

(Instant Conversion)

5)In Progress-

For those who might say:

And for the big one.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNice suggestion. A lot of Armors are used as vanity anyway so I don't see how it would hurt rarity of getting good stats or something like that. I don't know why they don't just implement it already, a lot of people including me would love it. There are so many good armours that would look great as vanities, instead of lazy recolours like black metal or whatever it was.

Grimmstroke
05-10-2020, 05:49 AM
dang ive always wanted a imbued vanity set and glintstone Weapons as vanities

Mythocrisis
05-10-2020, 09:34 AM
Yes do please bring this one.
AL has reached that point where there are an array of items that reached collectibility standards.
Please do this for more dynamic styles.
This is better than recolouring old armor sets by a quintillion times.

There will be so many styles to choose from that too from previously created golden sets, and I think no more effort needed in altering looks or adding color schemes.just the old armor into a vanity just like how they did with the weapons.

Hope this thread gets a response from dev in the positive or the negative , to just know their thoughts on this idea.

Mythocrisis
05-10-2020, 09:41 AM
Plat tier one is best as not unfair for F2P Players and Plat users can afford too , just buy some energy and easily get to plat tier. And it should be released just once so that people use wisely. Dont want everything in the auction vanity section.

ʏᴏᴜᴛᴜʙᴇ- ᴘʀᴀʙꜱɪᴍᴀʀ ᴄʜʜᴀʙʀᴀ

The reason here is since STS is going Endgame full throttle,
Most if the old nostalgic sets released before in previous level caps are becoming obsolete.
They look good but you cannot wear in a map as it sacrifices stats and also it being in your inventory without function and finally getting deleted.

Conversion to vanity of these items can lead to formation of many vanities of normal items that they can even add more stuff like awakes to it for all that matter because:(as they suggested)

Awakes will hinder what they like to wear VS the vanity best awakened.this was the complaint but now everyone will have any /favourite vanity of their own that they will spend more into just like any weapon for that matter.

There's so much more possibility in this than releasing coloured old vanity sets, while hundred of cool designs are going obsolete and away from game.

THE GOLDEN KING
05-10-2020, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the positive Feedback everyone!!! Hoping a Dev could give us an explanation or some sort of answer to why they haven’t done this yet.... Some dev insight would be highly appreciated! I know it’s the weekend but maybe sometime this week please....

THE GOLDEN KING
05-11-2020, 10:20 PM
Bump...

Snowman Is here
05-11-2020, 10:55 PM
To go along with your idea, they can use this vendor to implement the recipes/shards for helmets and armors.

Avaree
05-11-2020, 11:02 PM
100% account bound? Sure . If not no thank you.

Snowman Is here
05-11-2020, 11:11 PM
Account bound wouldn’t be bad either, makes the collectables keep their value; untarnished by vanity merchers.

THE GOLDEN KING
05-11-2020, 11:24 PM
I don’t care if they’re Account Bound or not, I just want this thing implemented XC. There’s good money in it for STS. If anything they can combine all 4 ideas.

Mythocrisis
05-12-2020, 05:59 AM
Would be good if a developer finds this possible at least in the near future at least.

QuaseT
05-12-2020, 06:39 AM
I believe those early sets belong to collectors. I missread some parts bc of the "armor of choice". However it feels a bit unfair bc those sets were an armor and most people didnt buy them bc they were not able to use them much. If the prices skyrocket it will be a privilege of owners and very rich people. A rerelease is even worse for owners. Im neutral because I dont belong to any of those groups and would not benefit or lose anything from this implementation.

THE GOLDEN KING
05-12-2020, 09:14 AM
I believe those early sets belong to collectors. I missread some parts bc of the "armor of choice". However it feels a bit unfair bc those sets were an armor and most people didnt buy them bc they were not able to use them much. If the prices skyrocket it will be a privilege of owners and very rich people. A rerelease is even worse for owners. Im neutral because I dont belong to any of those groups and would not benefit or lose anything from this implementation.

So I’m a bit lost, so what you’re saying is that.

“It’s unfair for people who don’t have these sets, because this only benefits collectors”

Correct?

If so, I mean that’s hardly fair for collectors, some spent years collecting these items. Just because a player sold his early on doesn’t mean it should affect current holders. (Imo)

I do respect your opinion, here’s another proposition:

How about STS release ‘Armor to Vanity converter’ for all seasons? It’s going to take a long time but how about they get 1-3 season implemented first, and then a few months later, season 4-6, then another few months season 7-9, etc.... that way ALL armor(s) have a chance to have the same treatment so no one gets “left behind”.

Thoughts?

QuaseT
05-12-2020, 09:32 AM
So I’m a bit lost, so what you’re saying is that.

“It’s unfair for people who don’t have these sets, because this only benefits collectors”

Correct?

If so, I mean that’s hardly fair for collectors, some spent years collecting these items. Just because a player sold his early on doesn’t mean it should affect current holders. (Imo)

I do respect your opinion, here’s another proposition:

How about STS release ‘Armor to Vanity converter’ for all seasons? It’s going to take a long time but how about they get 1-3 season implemented first, and then a few months later, season 4-6, then another few months season 7-9, etc.... that way ALL armor(s) have a chance to have the same treatment so no one gets “left behind”.

Thoughts?

I prefer some items to stay as armor. Imo we dont need a vanity version of every single item especially bc it will use sts time which can be used for more game changing ideas like honor pvp. If u think u need them bc you got some items its ok. But I see 0 use for me in this bc I dont own collector items bc I wasnt able to use them in the first place back then and dont see why I should support this.

THE GOLDEN KING
05-12-2020, 09:41 AM
I prefer some items to stay as armor. Imo we dont need a vanity version of every single item especially bc it will use sts time which can be used for more game changing ideas like honor pvp. If u think u need them bc you got some items its ok. But I see 0 use for me in this bc I dont own collector items bc I wasnt able to use them in the first place back then and dont see why I should support this.

I understand, you don’t have to support the idea. it’s just something to think about. Appreciate your comment.

Syaxyy
05-12-2020, 09:45 AM
Make glint set vanity aswell since earlier myth set (vili/himi/uller) can be crafted to vanity. And also keep the glow effect from glint set when having all 4 vanity parts.

I don't think I wanna support to make forerunner and flurry and other collectables into vanity parts. Then there are no collectables left. I don't think the game needs every single item possible to turn into vanity either, alot of resources and time to use on this, that could other being used for other stuffs.

Sent fra min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Giant bench
05-12-2020, 10:19 AM
Iam confused player have choice if want to convert armor to Vanity yes? It not by force, so if you not want to make your armor to vanity you can always keep it as armor....and no one forcing you to sell it to other player either. It’s always decision of owner. Always!

It don’t make a negative in daily gaming life of other player playing AL this affects 0 In a bad way. Do people who disagree with idea even have rare armor? If not why comment?

Jausa
05-12-2020, 11:13 AM
Make glint set vanity aswell since earlier myth set (vili/himi/uller) can be crafted to vanity. And also keep the glow effect from glint set when having all 4 vanity parts.

I don't think I wanna support to make forerunner and flurry and other collectables into vanity parts. Then there are no collectables left. I don't think the game needs every single item possible to turn into vanity either, alot of resources and time to use on this, that could other being used for other stuffs.

Sent fra min SM-G955F via TapatalkI don't the think it takes a lot of time to implement. All it takes is a system, since I believe most of it already exists, even the designs. All the items don't need to be vanities but since some are why not make the others as well? A lot of armours are loved by a lot of people, why not just let them wear them as vanity. About collectables, that would be people's choice. They can keep their collectables as armor if they want, nobody is forcing them to craft. But I don't think many would enjoy having a good looking armor at lvl 10 instead of a good-looking vanity which would let them use the vanity they would prefer everywhere and equip proper gear for. Pve or PvP.
There should be a cost to this so STS profits as well. Everyone happy

Mythocrisis
05-12-2020, 11:30 AM

You're only talking about collectables.
They are talking about all visually appealing armors like imbues,demon lord, poseidon etcc..
Well the collector sets will also become more desired but if that should be eliminated, make it account bound or something, but it will give more more style to the game.
And you're saying it is hard, this I can't understand, ,
Because all of the textures of armors are presently in game, just like the vanity weapons which overlooks the weapon slot.
So I think it can be implemented if they decide.
But would like to hear their perspective on this.

THE GOLDEN KING
05-13-2020, 11:07 AM
Bump... it would be 100% appreciated if we could get a response from a dev’s point of view.

Mitsooos
05-19-2020, 03:52 AM
Great idea XD
One more great idea I think is to make banner flags for all country in the world. (Or a little icon badge of you country)
Or a banner flag of your choice conversion.

THE GOLDEN KING
05-19-2020, 05:50 PM
Still waiting for a Devs response...

Loloo
05-25-2020, 02:57 PM
Just want old season gear price manipulate -1

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

THE GOLDEN KING
05-25-2020, 05:16 PM
Just want old season gear price manipulate -1

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

So make them untradable so no “price manipulation”. I don’t care how they do it or how it works, I just want it implemented.
UNTRADABLE or NOT XC.

Anyway, “Price manipulation” is legal in AL. We the community decide item prices in gold not STS. I’ll give some examples so you could understand.

(Example): Player X sold his crier for 500m. That does not mean It’s worth 500m. What if, player Z decides to sell his crier for 600m? You would call it “price manipulation”? Right? Wrong! It’s his item, if he wishes, he could sell it for 700m since there is no rule to how much you can price YOUR OWN ITEM.

*If no one buys it for his price, chances are he will lower it over time. It’s just how it works*

Again, These 3 things play a huge factor on the items price(s).
Which some players lack knowledge of.

Depending on:
1.) Demand
2.) Quantity
3.) Player Patience/Desperation

(Example): If 5 players are looking to buy crier for 500m, and one crier was sold for 400m a month ago, Player X can sell at the price he wants, so if player X wants 800m for crier, that’s not “price manipulation”. He’s just trying to see which player is desperate/impatient enough to to buy it for 800m.
*if no one buys it for 800m, chances are that he will lower it over time*

Go through the points:
-There’s 5 players(Demand)
-There’s 1 crier seller(Quantity)
-1 of the 5 players will outbid the others to buy that item(Player Patience/Desperation)

Hope you understand now.

Giant bench
05-25-2020, 05:23 PM
So make them untradable so no “price manipulation”. I don’t care how they do it or how it works, I just want it implemented.
UNTRADABLE or NOT XC.

Anyway, “Price manipulation” is legal in AL. We the community decide item prices in gold not STS. I’ll give some examples so you could understand.

(Example): Player X sold his crier for 500m. That does not mean It’s worth 500m. What if, player Z decides to sell his crier for 600m? You would call it “price manipulation”? Right? Wrong! It’s his item, if he wishes, he could sell it for 700m since there is no rule to how much you can price YOUR OWN ITEM.

*If no one buys it for his price, chances are he will lower it over time. It’s just how it works*

Again, These 3 things play a huge factor on the items price(s).
Which some players lack knowledge of.

Depending on:
1.) Demand
2.) Quantity
3.) Player Patience/Desperation

(Example): If 5 players are looking to buy crier for 500m, and one crier was sold for 400m a month ago, Player X can sell at the price he wants, so if player X wants 800m for crier, that’s not “price manipulation”. He’s just trying to see which player is desperate/impatient enough to to buy it for 800m.
*if no one buys it for 800m, chances are that he will lower it over time*

Go through the points:
-There’s 5 players(Demand)
-There’s 1 crier seller(Quantity)
-1 of the 5 players will outbid the others to buy that item(Player Patience/Desperation)

Hope you understand now.

Exactly, if there are only 4 bb hooks left in game, worth 50m each. And 2 of them get banned. That leaves 2 left so item price rise since there less quantity and if 10 player is search for item that is demand and meaning if 10 player are offering 70m for it, seller price might want 200m for it. And 1 of those player may want to buy it for that price.

Kaeldo
05-28-2020, 06:36 PM
I've always wanted a vanity version of the banished gear I've hung onto all this time.

phillyr
05-30-2020, 07:39 AM
I love how you worded everything XD made it fun to read lol. I agree tho, there's really not that many good vanities. This would add a whole new basket of options to either choose from, or make for ourselves.
* to clarify, not saying there aren't ANY good vanities out there, but there is definitely more bad than good to choose from-this would give an uncountable amount of options to mix and match*

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Spooked
01-12-2021, 07:09 PM
Bumping this back up because yknow a man can dream

Murtis
01-16-2021, 05:55 AM
That would be cool, i like that you gave different options for your idea