PDA

View Full Version : Time for a change :)

trixie
02-01-2012, 11:30 AM
I have been coming to these forums for quite a while. I usually just look and only post when I have something good to say.

Here lately I see alot of negativity towards each other and the game as a whole. I think its time to open the shades and let the sun shine in. Lets look at the positives of the situation. So I think I am going to start posting posting positive thoughts every so often in the hopes that this community can get back to the group of fun loving people that I have grown to know and love.

Today's thought is this:

Instead of focusing on things you can't change focus on what you can and that is you. I'm sure I could come up with a mile long list of things I don't like that make me angry or upset, but I don't want to do that. Why be miserable? Make the choice to spread positivity wherever you go. You never know how someone is feeling or what caused them to feel that way. You just might be the ray of sunshine they need at that very moment. You want change well start with yourself because true happiness lies in your soul.

MimeRifle
02-01-2012, 11:35 AM
You want change well start with yourself because true happiness lies in your soul.

:applause: Trix - you are awesome!! Ditto this!!

Gigabeast
02-01-2012, 11:36 AM
well spoken :)

trixie
02-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Thanks guys and gals :)

Ardon
02-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Trixie 2012

Change we can believe in

Slant
02-01-2012, 11:51 AM
lol ok sunshine time

MimeRifle
02-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Here comes the sun... here comes the sun... and I say, it's alright! ;)

Ardon
02-01-2012, 11:57 AM
PLAY FREEBIRD! *holds up lighter*

MimeRifle
02-01-2012, 12:12 PM
PLAY FREEBIRD! *holds up lighter*

Perfect!!!

trixie
02-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Trixie 2012

Change we can believe in

I love it! Thanks Ardon!

Snakespeare
02-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Thanks, trixie. These are nice thoughts. :)

It's an interesting phenomenon about message boards, how things turn negative. I think it is because must people don't reply unless they see something they DISagree with. They might read 20 posts they agree with, but not post, and then they see one sentence in a post of three paragraphs, highlight it, and put in their disagreement. The person replied to often feels that someone picked one minor point, completely ignored their main issue, and dismissed them on the spot. Then they either fight or flee.

I think it's normal (seeking stasis) for negativity to enter the equation, and it takes mental effort (work) to overcome the tendency.

So here's to making an effort to infuse the message board with Positivity!

wvhills
02-01-2012, 12:51 PM
In the words of Rodney King, "why can't we all just get along?"

Carth
02-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Very well written. I'm not active on this forum much but I think your the first person to bring up the issue in a positive way.

I hope things go back to the way it used to be. Those times were awesome. :)

Azibas
02-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Thanks Trixie :)

Katy
02-01-2012, 05:56 PM
More wonderful words have never been spoken. Thanks for this Trixie. And yes, it is most definitely time for a change.... :)

trixie
02-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Very well written. I'm not active on this forum much but I think your the first person to bring up the issue in a positive way.

I hope things go back to the way it used to be. Those times were awesome. :)

Thanks so much! That's exactly what I hope to see :). I love this place and I know we are still the same people we just lost our way :)

Gnॐ
02-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Here comes the sun... here comes the sun... and I say, it's alright! ;)

Thanks for quoting the Dark Horse! love it!

trixie
02-02-2012, 08:52 PM
More wonderful words have never been spoken. Thanks for this Trixie. And yes, it is most definitely time for a change.... :)

Thanks so much together we can make it happen!

javier995
02-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Nice Trixie :)!

Trixie 2012

Change we can believe in

I agree!

*Holds up & waves lighter*

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalk

Artentreri
02-02-2012, 10:23 PM
I'd support you, even over the stephen colbert super pack.

trixie
02-03-2012, 12:26 AM

I have no idea what that is but thank you! :)

Skeokateva
02-03-2012, 12:39 AM
Thanks, trixie. These are nice thoughts. :)

It's an interesting phenomenon about message boards, how things turn negative. I think it is because must people don't reply unless they see something they DISagree with. They might read 20 posts they agree with, but not post, and then they see one sentence in a post of three paragraphs, highlight it, and put in their disagreement. The person replied to often feels that someone picked one minor point, completely ignored their main issue, and dismissed them on the spot. Then they either fight or flee.

I think it's normal (seeking stasis) for negativity to enter the equation, and it takes mental effort (work) to overcome the tendency.

So here's to making an effort to infuse the message board with Positivity!

Great addition to an Awesome, and contagious tread:)! Thanks for stokin up the fire it was getting chilly in Altera:)

Skeokateva
02-03-2012, 12:44 AM
.... and LMFAO btw:cool:

SUPAPRODIGY
02-03-2012, 01:00 AM
trixie 2012 for sure.

Artentreri
02-03-2012, 01:05 AM
.... and LMFAO btw:cool:

;)
And that's sayin something, I was rootin for him and Stewart to go all the way. :D

wvhills
02-03-2012, 08:22 AM
"When I first got here I could tell you all hated me and I wasn't sure but I didn't think I like you much either. In this ring 2 guys were at war killing each other, but I guess that's better than 20 million. Throughout the night I felt a lot of changing going on...how you felt about me and how I felt about you. So if I can change, and you can CHANGE, WE ALL CAN CHANGE! EVERYONE CAN CHANGE!!!!!!"

trixie
02-05-2012, 08:56 PM
"When I first got here I could tell you all hated me and I wasn't sure but I didn't think I like you much either. In this ring 2 guys were at war killing each other, but I guess that's better than 20 million. Throughout the night I felt a lot of changing going on...how you felt about me and how I felt about you. So if I can change, and you can CHANGE, WE ALL CAN CHANGE! EVERYONE CAN CHANGE!!!!!!"

That's exactly what I am talking about! :)