PDA

View Full Version : Blast still glitched?

Gaunab
02-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Not sure if this or the bug forum is the appropriate place to post this, but...

It seem like todays patch has resolved the problem of blast dealing double damage on a single enemy.
However, neither does double/triple/etc blasting work on a group of enemies, like it did before! It really cuts down the potential damage a bird can deal and I would highly appreciate it if the devs might look into this one and fix it as soon as possible, since I guess it was not intended either.

Tyvm.
*Gaunab

Samhayne
02-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Gaunab,

Can you elaborate about what you think is not working right?

If I understand you correctly, say you have 2 birds in your group and a bear. The bear rounds up a group of say 5 enemies and the birds advance to then hit them with blast shot.

The first bird's target would be hit by the primary damage of their blast shot and the 4 enemies (if they are in the radius of the blast shot) would be hit by the aoe damage component of that blast shot.

The second bird's target would be hit by the primary damage of their blast shot and the 4 enemies (if they are in the radius of the blast shot) would be hit by the aoe damage component of that blast shot.

That's how it should work. Is that not what you're seeing?

Gaunab
02-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Thank you for the quick response Sam, but my point was something else:

Normally (before the first blast glitch), blast shot would do 'single' damage on one target, when noone else is in the range.
But when fired into a group of enemies everyone who was in the range would amplify the damage. So on two persons, each would get hit twice by the blast damage, ect.
Strategically used it was devastating for any group of enemies and added diversity to combos and gameplay. I'm sure I am not the only bird who loved playing around with this mighty tool. Without, things are much tougher now, and I miss it as an strategic element.
Please look into it, it noticably weakened the efficiency and aoe possibilities of the bird class.

...or was this never intended?! D:

Samhayne
02-01-2012, 02:48 PM
I don't think that was ever intended.

brodiniozo
02-01-2012, 02:55 PM

It has always been like gaunab described!
:-(

Sent from my awesome Galaxy Note using TapaTalk

AbsolutePally
02-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Whoa lol, all this time! It was a key element to strat in team play. Now birds will be extremely underpowered without their bread and butter. We used to try to stay away from our teamates if a bird ws near ro avoid getting blasted.
Birds like Dollo made a career out of double blast, killing people unlucky enough to be bunched together. It broke up "camping" and people trying to pull together, hide and do all their skills. In ffa/ctf it was a counter measure to break up that virtual fortress.
It seems like roles are reversed now. Birds are the support/debuff (soldiers) and mages are the damage dealers (motherships) if it wasnt for a birda ability to blast a shield down root, eliminating high dodge, they'd almost essentially be useless. Ik blind is important amd break helps reduce armor but geez. Those are all support debuff roles. With str and int armor being so high their damage capabilities are in fact handicapped.

Gaunab
02-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Thank you for the input Sam, eventhough it was not what I hoped for... lol :(

And I agree absolutely with Absolutepally. It was a very strategic tool, that needed practice and skill to master.
My concern is not only that birds are less powerful now, what they most likely are, they can still kill good and fast. Just not as good as before.
It was a strategic element, involving some more complexity to the game. It was fun and skill to execute and to avoid it, and I think birds and PvP will change without it.....

Xazic
02-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Noticed that the endgame pvp is very unstable, with first mages, then bears, and now birds losing the usability to a skill.

On-topic: Hope this gets fixed!

JSL
02-01-2012, 04:14 PM
We will definitely be looking into this.

It's important to note, however, that just because something may have existed for a while doesn't mean it's meant to be that way.

An example of this are the mobs that used to be farmable in AO:3.

If I'm understanding correctly, what Blast Shot used to do was definitely a bug. It's meant to be a single shot that did additional AoE damage to anything standing around it. Double or triple blasting that may have existed was *not* intentional and *was* a bug: that AoE damage was not meant to chain.

That being said, if you think abilities like that are *cool* then explain them, in detail, on the suggestion forums. This is especially true if you feel that they brought a complexity that didn't previously exist.

Gaunab
02-01-2012, 04:32 PM
That being said, if you think abilities like that are *cool* then explain them, in detail, on the suggestion forums. This is especially true if you feel that they brought a complexity that didn't previously exist.

Reverse order: Taking it out of the game would take out a complexity/stragtegic element that always used to exist (or at least as far as I can think back)!
To know how to time your own and avoid other blasts was a key to successful groupplay.
Also the bird was more powerful on his own when encountering a group of enemies since he was able to deal some massive aoe if the skills were executed smartly, we will have much harder times now dealing with multiple enemies at once...

AbsolutePally
02-01-2012, 04:41 PM
This will have a profound effect in the ffa tournie.
Since it is indeed a bug it will be interesting to see how things play out. It will serve as a great indication of how the new change has impacted team play.
Better or worse. I know many people (especially mages) that are happy about this revamp, I however am not sure if this is a good thing. Maybe upcoming bird sets with the new cap will get something to compensate for this and the underpowered Dex sets of Mt Fang.

JSL
02-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Reverse order: Taking it out of the game would take out a complexity/stragtegic element that always used to exist (or at least as far as I can think back)!
To know how to time your own and avoid other blasts was a key to successful groupplay.
Also the bird was more powerful on his own when encountering a group of enemies since he was able to deal some massive aoe if the skills were executed smartly, we will have much harder times now dealing with multiple enemies at once...

After evaluating the change and looking at the intended purpose of the ability it looks as if it was a definite glitch that a "chain" explosion was happening to blast shot. The ability is now working as intended.

The bug may have brought interesting side effects but it was just that; a bug. One that adds an imbalance in both PvE and PvP and changes the intended difficulty of these areas. This is especially true for PvE content.

As mentioned before, it's no different than our recently fixing the AO3 spawns. That may have been a cool place to get lots of money quickly. However, it wasn't intended and added an element to the game that shouldn't have existed.

This will have a profound effect in the ffa tournie.
Since it is indeed a bug it will be interesting to see how things play out. It will serve as a great indication of how the new change has impacted team play.
Better or worse. I know many people (especially mages) that are happy about this revamp, I however am not sure if this is a good thing. Maybe upcoming bird sets with the new cap will get something to compensate for this and the underpowered Dex sets of Mt Fang.

That's a solid way of looking at this. Something to remember; we are constantly evaluating balance and discrepancies. Let's let our evaluation of the changes be driven by the data.

Samhayne
02-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Thade is also going to take a look at the damage numbers to see if, with this latest bug fix change, that Blast Shot is still doing appropriate damage.

Zeus
02-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Just bring up a concern. With this "strategy" bears were given the short stick. I mean, we do all the tanking, take the deaths, and then hardly get the kills to show for it. Why? Because the birds are stealing them all away...

AbsolutePally
02-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Just bring up a concern. With this "strategy" bears were given the short stick. I mean, we do all the tanking, take the deaths, and then hardly get the kills to show for it. Why? Because the birds are stealing them all away...

Oh the non glamourous lives of bears and pallies alike.

Zeus
02-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Oh the non glamourous lives of bears and pallies alike.

Lol, ikr? Kinda makes me frustrated in CTF at times.

wvhills
02-01-2012, 06:42 PM
After evaluating the change and looking at the intended purpose of the ability it looks as if it was a definite glitch that a "chain" explosion was happening to blast shot. The ability is now working as intended.

The bug may have brought interesting side effects but it was just that; a bug. One that adds an imbalance in both PvE and PvP and changes the intended difficulty of these areas. This is especially true for PvE content.

As mentioned before, it's no different than our recently fixing the AO3 spawns. That may have been a cool place to get lots of money quickly. However, it wasn't intended and added an element to the game that shouldn't have existed.

That's a solid way of looking at this. Something to remember; we are constantly evaluating balance and discrepancies. Let's let our evaluation of the changes be driven by the data.

I have to confess I have no idea what you guys are talking about when it comes to pvp. Haha.
However, I have a concern with nerfing down blast shot in pve. Idk how long this blast shot "bug" has been around but in pve birds are not overpowered IMO. I have high level toons in all classes btw (however my main is a bird). I'm worried that any changes in blast shot will make us weaker and make the high level maps even more difficult than they are. If any class is OP (in pve) I feel like it's the mages. They can deal massive aoe, have lots of armor, and are relied on to rev and heal. If you reduce the birds ability to damage the mage will become even more OP in comparison. If it's been like this from the get go and hasn't been a problem I don't see why it's a problem now all of a sudden (I'm very well aware of all the "change is inevitable part of the game" speeches, lol).

Swimmingstar
02-01-2012, 06:48 PM
I have to confess I have no idea what you guys are talking about when it comes to pvp. Haha.
However, I have a concern with nerfing down blast shot in pve. Idk how long this blast shot "bug" has been around but in pve birds are not overpowered IMO. I have high level toons in all classes btw (however my main is a bird). I'm worried that any changes in blast shot will make us weaker and make the high level maps even more difficult than they are. If any class is OP (in pve) I feel like it's the mages. They can deal massive aoe, have lots of armor, and are relied on to rev and heal. If you reduce the birds ability to damage the mage will become even more OP in comparison. If it's been like this from the get go and hasn't been a problem I don't see why it's a problem now all of a sudden (I'm very well aware of all the "change is inevitable part of the game" speeches, lol).

1. Birds are mainly quick killers. They deal damage quickly to mobs, specializing in lots of damage to single targets. They also have pretty fast skill cool downs. That's why there is a cool down.

2. How are mages supposed to be good support if they can't do good aoe to debuff, freeze, and knock away mobs? How are they supposed to reach you to heal and rev you if they can't do that?

AbsolutePally
02-01-2012, 06:51 PM

This is a really good look at it from a pve stand point. And as you can imagine it has a parallel effect on pvp.

wvhills
02-01-2012, 07:09 PM
1. Birds are mainly quick killers. They deal damage quickly to mobs, specializing in lots of damage to single targets. They also have pretty fast skill cool downs. That's why there is a cool down.

2. How are mages supposed to be good support if they can't do good aoe to debuff, freeze, and knock away mobs? How are they supposed to reach you to heal and rev you if they can't do that?

What if the reason birds have been so good at the single targets (bosses) is because of this blast shot "bug"? An end game bird has about 70 crit while buffed. If blast shot was doubled before then 70% of the time this "extra" attack was also being doubled. That's a lot of damage to take away and since it has been, will birds even be the best at single target damage? If not then we won't be getting aggro at the boss or kiting anymore and then the mages will be relied on to buff, debuff, heal, rev, clear trash mobs and get aggro at the boss. Also, they can always heal and rev me because I'm standing behind them as far away from the mobs as I can get like I should be. haha.

My main point is the pve mechanics were well balanced before but I'm inexperienced with pvp so I can't speak for that.

Also, if this is the thread where feedback is being consolidated I'd suggest moving it to the feedback section. Being stuck in the pvp section it's somewhat hidden and the feedback will generally be slanted towards the pvp side.

Cowgirl
02-01-2012, 08:01 PM
@robert The double blast glitch never had an effect on single targets (bosses, 1v1 in pvp). So birds will still be just as effective in boss fights. Its mutliple targets that were affected by this glitch (ffa, ctf).

Imo it has always been an unfair advantage for birds in these scenarios. A annoying bug ig for almost 2 years and honestly I'm glad its gone. Goodbye one hit ko.

wvhills
02-01-2012, 08:50 PM
@robert The double blast glitch never had an effect on single targets (bosses, 1v1 in pvp). So birds will still be just as effective in boss fights. Its mutliple targets that were affected by this glitch (ffa, ctf).

Imo it has always been an unfair advantage for birds in these scenarios. A annoying bug ig for almost 2 years and honestly I'm glad its gone. Goodbye one hit ko.

Oh. Then I'm really confused. If it was the surrounding targets that received double or triple damage wouldn't they die as fast or faster than single targets? I know in pve the primary target always died much faster than the surrounding targets.

Gaunab
02-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Oh. Then I'm really confused. If it was the surrounding targets that received double or triple damage wouldn't they die as fast or faster than single targets? I know in pve the primary target always died much faster than the surrounding targets.

Only blast shot caused 'double blasts'. When multiple targets were in its range everyone of those would recieve double blast damage (also 2 numbers above the head). At least thats how it worked in PvP.

Just had a 5-5 FFA game and I feel inredibly weakened. We already had a hard time against all those wandmages, now it is nearly impossible to compete. I can't do any solid group damage anymore but only focus on one single target. When I dont get incredibly lucky I can't win a single 2-1 situation (against decent players). Birds have by far the lowest armor, and it already needed good kiting to survive, but at least were they able to dish out high damage very quickly.. Mages do this by now much more efficiently... I found myself more playing a supportive role (breaking shields, rooting) than actually fighting in the front line.

I guess not too many birds will realise it so far, since the vast majority doesn't FFA very often, but the impact of the missing double blast is quite immense.

Samhayne
02-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Hopefully we can get some design time to review the change and roll any needed change out. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Zeus
02-01-2012, 09:42 PM
Just a quick question, aren't birds supposed to be the single damage target dealers anyway and elves the one with powerful AOE's? I'm saying this while I myself am a bird.

Swimmingstar
02-01-2012, 09:45 PM
It's still possible to survive. Just adjust... adapt. One bird took down two crafted wand mages with full vanity sets. He killed one of the mages twice in a row...

Gaunab
02-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Just a quick question, aren't birds supposed to be the single damage target dealers anyway and elves the one with powerful AOE's? I'm saying this while I myself am a bird.

Yes they are, and most of the skills deal damage/debuff only a single enemy. But in PvP it is essential to be able to deal some aoe damage since you will not always be able to run and kite out everything. When I'm chased by two people I have to use my arrows all on the first one and then I go down for the second one, if I'm not getting lucky.
Mages have: much higher armor, heal, mana shield to further absorb some heat, aoe debuffs, and lightning and firestorm deal quite solid damage to a group of people. Ice and drain deal as much damage as a birds arrow (drain even more). The only advantage of the bird is its speed (less skill delay).

wvhills
02-01-2012, 10:16 PM
I just ran a few pve maps and my total number of kills per map still seems to be about the same. I still get aggro from mobs and the boss just as much. All the pugs were unelixired. I'll play more and let you know how it goes but from a pve standpoint this doesn't seem like it's a big deal.

Samhayne
02-02-2012, 12:12 PM
I just ran a few pve maps and my total number of kills per map still seems to be about the same. I still get aggro from mobs and the boss just as much. All the pugs were unelixired. I'll play more and let you know how it goes but from a pve standpoint this doesn't seem like it's a big deal.

Playing a Bird at a couple different level ranges in PvE it seems pretty much the same as it was previous to me. Lead with Shattering Scream and pound em with Blast Shot for the self combo still hits pretty darn hard. I guess that's all subjective though.

As for checking the numbers, here is what Thade had to say after giving it a look:

Blast shot is still the heaviest long range attack the Archer has. I don’t see any reason to buff it up.

At this point I'd say re-evaluate the use of your other skills for your rotations and adapt.

brodiniozo
02-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Id like to c 3 birds beating 3 wand mages.. Not happenin.. We lost a very important strategy.

Sent from my awesome Galaxy Note using TapaTalk

Blind
02-02-2012, 04:40 PM
That made me lol so hard hahah. Great. Birds now suck. I can imagine imagine how in a year people will be saying. -"ah remember the old days when birds used to double blast, those were the days..."

No, seriously, if this is taken out then no one will ever want a bird in a ctf game.

brodiniozo
02-02-2012, 04:47 PM
That made me lol so hard hahah. Great. Birds now suck. I can imagine imagine how in a year people will be saying. -"ah remember the old days when birds used to double blast, those were the days..."

No, seriously, if this is taken out then no one will ever want a bird in a ctf game.

Wand mages ftw!! -.-'

Blind
02-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Tell me about it hahah. Mages were always strong. In sewers as well. Any mage could beat any bird. Now over 2 campaigns they just got even more powerful, along with bears and their str sets, while birds have terrible gear compared to others and now double blast(not the recent glitch), the normal group one it taken out.

Gaunab
02-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Tell me about it hahah. Mages were always strong. In sewers as well. Any mage could beat any bird. Now over 2 campaigns they just got even more powerful, along with bears and their str sets, while birds have terrible gear compared to others and now double blast(not the recent glitch), the normal group one it taken out.

Yup, I kinda feel like I'm playing a supportive role now :O Taking down manashields and rooting enemies, leaving the damage part to the very powerful intmages. Yes, I can also take out/debuff ONE other target, but not a group of enemies. Heck, even dexbears or wandmages deal much more efficient group damage, while having a much higher survivability! And I need to kite my arse off to be somewhat helpful to the group... I feel so handicapped :(

AbsolutePally
02-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Gcd was a big blow to birds, but people actually got better. Imo this will only increase team play and strats.
Necessity is the mother of invention.

Apostel
02-03-2012, 05:02 AM
Call me ignorant. But I can second Samhayne post about adapting the (more or less) new situation. I am used to PvP with every class and I had some nice duels vs a L66 bird vs my L66 bear. Nothing has changed. On the long term it was an equal balanced fight.

Also I did host a couple of PvE runs in Mount Fang's. The situation there is quite the same. While I was pulling the crowd together, avian in my team have had used shatterscream + blast shot - combo with a decent all-over-enemys-damage.

I can understand that the double blast was not intended, but I cannot see what's the difference between the skills and situation from before the glitch.

Riccits
02-03-2012, 07:25 AM
i have the same feelings as gaunab. as bird with low armor u have to kite a lot in ffa/ctf. especially vs wand mages. i already was often there to just blast mana shields and let our mage finish off the other mages.
some of the new "heros" says we run to much and we get called noobs bcz of that, but theres not way to beat them in 1 rush.
yeah hard life now, but hope for better sets in future. but is it to late to adapt actual sets...? ;)

AbsolutePally
02-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Dex sets are going to need either a lot more dmg, or way more armor with dodge or high dodge. Crit would be appreciated too.
Bears, reduce dodge but vastly increase armor and reg (if 44) isnt already a lot lol)
Mages, can live wout the super high armor and crit of the set. I bet the craft wand set will still be decent vs next sets ha.

wvhills
02-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Dex sets are going to need either a lot more dmg, or way more armor with dodge or high dodge. Crit would be appreciated too.
Bears, reduce dodge but vastly increase armor and reg (if 44) isnt already a lot lol)
Mages, can live wout the super high armor and crit of the set. I bet the craft wand set will still be decent vs next sets ha.

Instead of doing all this why not just return blast shot to the way it was before? Wouldn't that be much easier?

Zapoke
02-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Instead of doing all this why not just return blast shot to the way it was before? Wouldn't that be much easier?

Yes, it would be easier, but isn't balancing the sets a much better solution? And besides, the double blast thing only "helped" when it was 1 bird vs several people. Putting double blast in again won't fix the fact that dex sets are weak, and have been declining since sewers.

brodiniozo
02-03-2012, 01:30 PM

No, bcus its still unbalanced

wvhills
02-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Yes, it would be easier, but isn't balancing the sets a much better solution? And besides, the double blast thing only "helped" when it was 1 bird vs several people. Putting double blast in again won't fix the fact that dex sets are weak, and have been declining since sewers.

I need to learn to pvp. Lol.

GELLIO77
02-03-2012, 02:21 PM
i wondered y i started to suck in ffa... and zap is right but if you buff the dex sets its not just birds who gain something but also mages and bears that are dex to

Cowgirl
02-03-2012, 02:24 PM
i wondered y i started to suck in ffa... and zap is right but if you buff the dex sets its not just birds who gain something but also mages and bears that are dex to

Good point. That's probably why we saw so many dex mages at the 56 cap.

Gaunab
02-03-2012, 02:51 PM

Exactly that was coming to my mind too... Those hybrids (Warbirds, Dexbears, Pallies, Dexmages namely) make it really hard to make a 'perfectly balanced set'.
That Int needs a debuff (crit/dmg, armor) is pretty obvious imo, and the str set is esspecialy too strong in dodge.
Dex needs a buff. But where? When dodge/armor would be increased dexmages would become utter beasts I think and also Dexbears would get stronger. Those classes would then again deal much more efficient group damage, with higher survivability. As bird you could still focus on only one main target at a time.....
Man, this is giving me headaches :stupid:

Why can't we get back our only real group damaging ability?!
Good birds may have seemed OP with it, but that was just because they cleverly used it, and the opponents were not smart enough to avoid getting double blasted. Furthermore, at this cap noone ever complained about birds being OP... And at many lower twink levels birds were also far from being OP, even with double blasting abilities...

I don't only say this because I'm a bird and want a way to get easy kills or something, but it was an essential part of every groups strategy. Executing and avoiding those was a great part of it IMO. Now it just goes straight forward against birds, and this poor little thing will most likely not be able to kill two decent opponents without getting pretty lucky. Also, double blast was a great 'revive-killer'... when I played ctf earlier a team of 1pally and 2intmages was just not killable because of the high armor sets and the many revives...

Something needs to change!

Zapoke
02-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Exactly that was coming to my mind too... Those hybrids (Warbirds, Dexbears, Pallies, Dexmages namely) make it really hard to make a 'perfectly balanced set'.
That Int needs a debuff (crit/dmg, armor) is pretty obvious imo, and the str set is esspecialy too strong in dodge.
Dex needs a buff. But where? When dodge/armor would be increased dexmages would become utter beasts I think and also Dexbears would get stronger. Those classes would then again deal much more efficient group damage, with higher survivability. As bird you could still focus on only one main target at a time.....
Man, this is giving me headaches :stupid:

Why can't we get back our only real group damaging ability?!
Good birds may have seemed OP with it, but that was just because they cleverly used it, and the opponents were not smart enough to avoid getting double blasted. Furthermore, at this cap noone ever complained about birds being OP... And at many lower twink levels birds were also far from being OP, even with double blasting abilities...

I don't only say this because I'm a bird and want a way to get easy kills or something, but it was an essential part of every groups strategy. Executing and avoiding those was a great part of it IMO. Now it just goes straight forward against birds, and this poor little thing will most likely not be able to kill two decent opponents without getting pretty lucky. Also, double blast was a great 'revive-killer'... when I played ctf earlier a team of 1pally and 2intmages was just not killable because of the high armor sets and the many revives...

Something needs to change!

Putting it back to double blast doesn't help much, honestly. It only does double hit on one enemy. If they changed it to have more damage, THAT would help balance. To counter the revive thing with blast, you had to accidentally targeted the person spawning while someone else was near, or it didn't work. So, again, just increasing it's base damage helps more. :)

GELLIO77
02-03-2012, 03:12 PM
i have to say, something needs to be done to blast not the set. either buff blast shot or bring back the double blast, before double blast, and when blast stacked on multiple targets, i could normally take out 2/3 of the enemy team... now i can barely take out one... dex bears are no problem to me but mages wont die.

on the topic of what should be buffed, blast shot more then anything cos buff the dex set u buff all the classes, buff blast you balance out the classes. so if anything is gonna be buffed it should be blast

Gaunab
02-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Putting it back to double blast doesn't help much, honestly. It only does double hit on one enemy. If they changed it to have more damage, THAT would help balance. To counter the revive thing with blast, you had to accidentally targeted the person spawning while someone else was near, or it didn't work. So, again, just increasing it's base damage helps more. :)

No, it actually did double damage to everyone close as far as I'm concerned, and I PvP a lot with my bird at lvlcap and have seen them wiping out even groups of two or three with one blast. And just having increased damage would also take out the startegical component of timing/avoiding blasts on groups to get the best effects.

Zapoke
02-03-2012, 03:31 PM
No, it actually did double damage to everyone close as far as I'm concerned, and I PvP a lot with my bird at lvlcap and have seen them wiping out even groups of two or three with one blast. And just having increased damage would also take out the startegical component of timing/avoiding blasts on groups to get the best effects.

Hm, well. When I played on my twink birds in PvE, I would test blast sometimes, and only my target took two hits. One from the AoE and one from the actual arrow. The strategy part of it... Well. What was terrible strategic about running until a bird used blast? Anyway. If it did do double to everyone, it has the same affect of increasing the damage, doesn't it? Aside from needing several people for it to work. Oh, well.

GELLIO77
02-03-2012, 03:33 PM
zap thats what we want back, blast shot that stacked as it hit people

Gaunab
02-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Hm, well. When I played on my twink birds in PvE, I would test blast sometimes, and only my target took two hits. One from the AoE and one from the actual arrow. The strategy part of it... Well. What was terrible strategic about running until a bird used blast? Anyway. If it did do double to everyone, it has the same affect of increasing the damage, doesn't it? Aside from needing several people for it to work. Oh, well.

Exactly, it prevented people from just clotting together and made me time my blast carefully to interrupt respawns and break through big groups. Now a mages team can just mow over me...

And I don't really want it to 1-shot-kill on a single target since that would make bird fights to easy and dependent on luck.

GELLIO77
02-03-2012, 03:40 PM
before i could win almost every 2-1 situation but now i cant even take one :/

Zapoke
02-03-2012, 08:44 PM
zap thats what we want back, blast shot that stacked as it hit people

Only stacks on one, though. I understand that you want to be able to fight more then one person, but bird is suppose to be fast single target damage.. :/

Walkhardd
02-03-2012, 08:52 PM
before i could win almost every 2-1 situation but now i cant even take one :/

If this is a true statement, doesnt it sound like it was a bit op?

Zapoke
02-03-2012, 09:01 PM

Thank you. Lol.
But the fact remains that DEX needs a boast. Not just birds, but dex in general (at end game).

GELLIO77
02-04-2012, 04:02 AM

maybe a bit op but thats because im playing at 51 twink pvp, the people i fight arent generally to hard and thats y i can win those 2-1 situations, but even at end game if u buff the sets ive said this before its also bears and mages who'll get a buff to so bare that in mind

Swords
02-04-2012, 10:16 AM
whoa... so the double blast shots wasnt a glitch?

Chickenrunnn
02-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Hello everyone :)

The double blast "bug" was strangly making things more balanced (lvl60-66) in pvp. Indeed, good birds were able to barely survive when they were teamed (2-1 or 3-1) ; but now, even in 2-1 with no buffed people vs a bird, he has no luck to win. Now, mage nuke can be headshotting whoever they want.. For example, a drain damaged me 507 and i died direct while i only damaged 300.. Now, in ctf, as in pvp, bird strategy has disappeared, it's becoming like "run the farther n faster u can, to get a 1-1 fight for stayin'alive"..
This is why, even if it was a bug, it was making things better.. So pls, add it back or make blast shot more powerful please :)..
Cya people ! Have fun!

Shiloo
02-05-2012, 05:36 PM
So a bird used to be able to 2v1 or 3v1 and win. What other class can do that?

Zeus
02-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Just wondering, doesn't cruel blast accomplish the same effect? I mean, that's how I used to do it when I PvPed on Apollo. There is more than ample time to pull that combo off...

Gaunab
02-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Just wondering, doesn't cruel blast accomplish the same effect? I mean, that's how I used to do it when I PvPed on Apollo. There is more than ample time to pull that combo off...

Well, good luck trying to get the scream and combo in... if your opponents aren't completely asleep you will be dead by the time you rush into them. :/
Dexbirds are not blessed by armor like the int or str sets provide, i gotta kite, root eventually and getting into a 8m range can get get very dangerous.

Zeus
02-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Well, good luck trying to get the scream and combo in... if your opponents aren't completely asleep you will be dead by the time you rush into them. :/
Dexbirds are not blessed by armor like the int or str sets provide, i gotta kite, root eventually and getting into a 8m range can get get very dangerous.

That's why you wait until they target lock on somebody else, then you come in and do that combo. I tested it out on Apollo the other night, wasn't that bad or maybe I was just against some pretty sucky players.

Gaunab
02-05-2012, 05:58 PM
That's why you wait until they target lock on somebody else, then you come in and do that combo. I tested it out on Apollo the other night, wasn't that bad or maybe I was just against some pretty sucky players.

Propably :P And in a 2-1 situation this combo is also effectively useless as you might tell...
And I'm not saying that I can't kill anymore, I still perform at a good Ratio with a decent tank, but IMO a skilled mage does more damage output and can go straight forward because of the high armor/shield/heals. I have to kite and run like crazy if there is no support, just to take out one enemy with a combo...
Against unexperienced players I can still take a bit more but, well, not against someone who knows his class.

Riccits
02-06-2012, 04:33 AM
I have to kite and run like crazy if there is no support

ya, some noob mages having fun calling birds runners and hiders..
it very hard, 2 hits from a mage are enough to die.. the hits are always critted.
in ctf they hide behind wall, and when ur near enough they buff and shield, and nuke u. U cant do anything.

GELLIO77
02-06-2012, 12:03 PM
its annoying ik.. and they call you a noob runner etc.. but they dont realise that we dont have that same edge as before and yes the fact we cant even hit blast shot OUR most POWERFUL move without it being absorbed against a mage means we are at a very large disadvantage, a few days ago i was in ctf and i was with 2 dewbears, and i constantly had to hide behind them when i would have loved to be on the front line where i think a bird belongs

also wand mages at 51 pvp will not die.. i fight them and their drain sucks out 300-350 of my health, either nerf drain or buff up blast... and this is coming from someone who has been a mage their entire life in pl

Walkhardd
02-06-2012, 01:39 PM
its annoying ik.. and they call you a noob runner etc..

Only noobs call ppl a noob runner :)

1337arded
02-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Birds had their hayday long ago when everyone wore cybersets.... things change people....then came pally... remember when ur mage got one hit in ao3 pve rendering them unplayable? How about when bowbears ruled the roads or people were multi-touching pre gcd..... things change people adapt...

Arsenal
02-19-2012, 10:13 AM
Ultimately i think this is stupid. Implement double blast back in or fix the sets. How many dex mages or bow bears have you seen around lvl 66 cap? Not many.

Edit: and im now saying this after taking over 1200 damage from a crafted non vanity bonus mage in a one v one battle before me, a crafted longbow set vanity bonus bird could break his shield? Yeah thats single target damage for you. Please humania, help birds.